water fasting, anyone tried it?

I did it for 6 days on nothing but drinking a mixture of water, squeezed lemon juice and honey. Nothing else. Fuck that noise again, I couldnt do it now that I have lil kids.
What were the long-term effects? You keep the weight off?

I thought this was a fast from water. LOL

Still utterly stupid. I'd rather go on something like a produce-only diet for a week.

It's hard for me to sleep on an empty stomach. I catch an incredibly strong second a wind at night if I haven't eaten and it's nervous energy that doesn't lead to much productivity.

Fasting from water is a thing. My co-worker asked me about it. I told him I thought it was a really stupid idea

I want to do a 2-3 day fast, just water. But I work a oretty intense job, I'm not sure i could responsibly do that. And on my days off from my intense job, I wanna nap and eat to recover.

Life is hard

What were the long-term effects? You keep the weight off?
Hmmm...well honestly I mainly did it to give my intestines a break because I have Crohn's disease. I lost about 20 lbs but that was years ago. It will suck but it will only make you mentally stronger. One tip find a friend with a lemon tree!

Fasting from water is a thing. My co-worker asked me about it. I told him I thought it was a really stupid idea

I want to do a 2-3 day fast, just water. But I work a oretty intense job, I'm not sure i could responsibly do that. And on my days off from my intense job, I wanna nap and eat to recover.

Life is hard

I doubt anyone with a very physically demanding job is "water fasting." That sounds like a good way to end up in the hospital getting some iv's.

I doubt anyone with a very physically demanding job is "water fasting." That sounds like a good way to end up in the hospital getting some iv's.

You're not very good at reading.

- are you water fasting?

I lost 25lbs with intermittent fasting. I would skip breakfast, then light lunch, then dinner. Next day I would skip lunch. My blood numbers greatly improved. Your body doesn’t need as much as we think. But I workout and make sure my meals have good proteins and fats.

i fasted the other day for 24 hours. just drank water.
all the food commercials on tv looked amazing.

it did feel rejuvenating.
i ate like a pig after though haha

I did a 10 day fast before about seven or eight years ago. I did water for about five days before I hit a wall --- I was really stupid and was doing sports throughout which depleted me badly. I juiced one time a day on day five, seven and 10. I went from being able to do one day of fasting to 10 days. It is quite an experience. I lost 20 pounds in seven days. I was able to sit with people while they ate once I got over the rough stretch (2 days) and not be tempted to eat. Toxins were coming out of my body every which way after about a week in. My lips were turning purple, my skin had a glow as my body naturally was eliminating. You're in for some fun, lol.

I would recommend getting Dr. Joel Fuhrman's book on fasting. He was the doctor that was consulted with in "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead," the documentary about the two men who did juice fasting for sixty days to heal their ailments.

The first day and a half to two days are going to be the worst; just ride it out. Keep yourself busy with things to keep your mind off food. If you feel hungry, drink more water, but don't overdo it. You will feel like you are going to pass out at times or weak, but just get your bearings. It will pass.

You can do this!

What is your goal?
This is why I don't understand why more people don't fast instead of diet. Water fasting is like getting KO'd by Conor quickly, while dieting is like getting slowly mauled by Khabib. Let me get my lights turned off swiftly and sweetly, above a mauling that takes forever and produces the same result: a loss.

This is why I don't understand why more people don't fast instead of diet. Water fasting is like getting KO'd by Conor quickly, while dieting is like getting slowly mauled by Khabib. Let me get my lights turned off swiftly and sweetly, above a mauling that takes forever and produces the same result: a loss.

Well if you look at a bunch of the comments people seem to think you need some sort of nutrients going into your body or that water fasting is unhealthy. People have fasted since the beginning of time, but when you're brainwashed with "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" your entire life, it's tough to break through that. Couple that with the propaganda that most of us have been raised with in the last 20-25 years of "you should eat every two to three hours" to keep your metabolism going, is it any wonder why people think nothing but the purest substance, that accounts for over 80 percent of our body would be "unhealthy?"

Your own body fat is feeding you and as I mentioned in an earlier post, every cell in your body retains nutrients in the event of a fast or a famine. Additionally, your body attacks diseased cells in your body (i.e. tumors) and eliminates dead cells more aggressively than a juice fast.

Our bodies are equipped to handle water fasting.

There is nothing wrong with a juice fast, but you are eating into your muscles more that way over the long-term. If someone were to do a juice fast for a three day weekend, they'd be fine. I have a book from about 1981 or 82 that has a collection of Muscle and Fitness' "best" articles at the time and one of the body builders (or ghost-written) came down hard on steroids and the health benefits of fasting for a quick detox while maintaining workouts.

There's a growing movement of people doing intermittent fasting, which is fasting - although many are adding coffee to the fast which activates your liver, which does NOT make it fasting. With water fasting, you can look at it as the same way as I.F. with the exception you are extending your fasting window.

A good PDF to check out of various studies on fasting and fitness (I imagine most people into health are into fitness) is "Eat. Stop. Eat" by Brad Pilon.

For all those that are on the fence with water fasting, the only expense you have to put out is having something other than tap water. That's it. You dont' need to get you colon cleaned or get nutrient supplementation or even take your own collection of pill if you are a normal functional individual. The purest water you can get. That's it. Do your own research or check out someone like Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Dr. Jason Fung or some other doctor who can give them more information on fasting.

Well if you look at a bunch of the comments people seem to think you need some sort of nutrients going into your body or that water fasting is unhealthy. People have fasted since the beginning of time, but when you're brainwashed with "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" your entire life, it's tough to break through that. Couple that with the propaganda that most of us have been raised with in the last 20-25 years of "you should eat every two to three hours" to keep your metabolism going, is it any wonder why people think nothing but the purest substance, that accounts for over 80 percent of our body would be "unhealthy?"

Your own body fat is feeding you and as I mentioned in an earlier post, every cell in your body retains nutrients in the event of a fast or a famine. Additionally, your body attacks diseased cells in your body (i.e. tumors) and eliminates dead cells more aggressively than a juice fast.

Our bodies are equipped to handle water fasting.

There is nothing wrong with a juice fast, but you are eating into your muscles more that way over the long-term. If someone were to do a juice fast for a three day weekend, they'd be fine. I have a book from about 1981 or 82 that has a collection of Muscle and Fitness' "best" articles at the time and one of the body builders (or ghost-written) came down hard on steroids and the health benefits of fasting for a quick detox while maintaining workouts.

There's a growing movement of people doing intermittent fasting, which is fasting - although many are adding coffee to the fast which activates your liver, which does NOT make it fasting. With water fasting, you can look at it as the same way as I.F. with the exception you are extending your fasting window.

A good PDF to check out of various studies on fasting and fitness (I imagine most people into health are into fitness) is "Eat. Stop. Eat" by Brad Pilon.

For all those that are on the fence with water fasting, the only expense you have to put out is having something other than tap water. That's it. You dont' need to get you colon cleaned or get nutrient supplementation or even take your own collection of pill if you are a normal functional individual. The purest water you can get. That's it. Do your own research or check out someone like Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Dr. Jason Fung or some other doctor who can give them more information on fasting.
Bingo! Exactly! There was some quote, I think by Socrates or something, that stated 'we only need one quarter the amount of food that we take in on a daily basis. The other three quarters is to keep the doctor in business'.

What I have found is not only in dieting world, but in the medical world as well, much of it is a money making sham. Doctors just pumping out idiot things to do, pills to pop, which just makes the person sicker, weaker and dependent on the doctors bunk propaganda knowledge.

Also, people evolved to only eat one big meal a day, as historic ancestors were hunting gathering all day and only ate at night which is now called "the caveman diet". When you do this, your brain produces more serotonin, has more keen alertness and you feel much better. By eating three meals a day, you are moderately dumbed down, not thinking as much and are kind of in a perpetualwaking sleep state. Humans need incredibly little to actually survive and are so brainwashed about everything.

I actually had my third eye chakra open when I was fasting and meditating for three days. Once your pineal gland opens, your whole life changes and you realize tngsbthat are unable to be communicated. I think this is another reason why the powers get be try to dumb us down, because when your third eye opens, you realize that there is just so much BS in this world and most everyone ate akin to rats running on a treadmill. If everyone's third eye opened, people would just go live in the woods and eat berries and nuts again and the whole money agenda sham would disintegrate.

Bingo! Exactly! There was some quote, I think by Socrates or something, that stated 'we only need one quarter the amount of food that we take in on a daily basis. The other three quarters is to keep the doctor in business'.

What I have found is not only in dieting world, but in the medical world as well, much of it is a money making sham. Doctors just pumping out idiot things to do, pills to pop, which just makes the person sicker, weaker and dependent on the doctors bunk propaganda knowledge.

Also, people evolved to only eat one big meal a day, as historic ancestors were hunting gathering all day and only ate at night which is now called "the caveman diet". When you do this, your brain produces more serotonin, has more keen alertness and you feel much better. By eating three meals a day, you are moderately dumbed down, not thinking as much and are kind of in a perpetualwaking sleep state. Humans need incredibly little to actually survive and are so brainwashed about everything.

I actually had my third eye chakra open when I was fasting and meditating for three days. Once your pineal gland opens, your whole life changes and you realize tngsbthat are unable to be communicated. I think this is another reason why the powers get be try to dumb us down, because when your third eye opens, you realize that there is just so much BS in this world and most everyone ate akin to rats running on a treadmill. If everyone's third eye opened, people would just go live in the woods and eat berries and nuts again and the whole money agenda sham would disintegrate.

Third eye? Pineal gland opening? And you're accusing the "powers that be" of dumbing us down? Good grief.

Third eye? Pineal gland opening? And you're accusing the "powers that be" of dumbing us down? Good grief.
Sounds weird but if you get to that place it will make a bit more sense from that perspective. All about perspective brosef.

Huh? You are unfamiliar with ayahuasca and D.M.T, ay? I don't blame you for feeling this way as many people are ignorant to powers of thought and meditation.

I'm also going to go out in a limb and gander that you are unfamiliar with the work of Dr Emoto too, no?

It's really not that complicated. Everything is energy, frequency and vibration, just like Tesla said. Once you learn that and are able to apply that, the body and mind are capable of some pretty incredible things. The only people that say the things you are purporting are those that have simply never tried it: "That's stupid. It does not work but I will not try".

I'm with you on most things but your last paragraph.

A lot of the information I've come across online before I found a book by a doctor explaining the benefits of fasting had a New Age agenda to it. IMHO those beliefs are that prevents people from wanting to fast if you're not into that sort of thing, which can be viewed as another barrier/divide and conquer. Dr. Joel Fuhrman was about the only one that didn't have that sort of stated open philosophy about fasting. In the last several years more doctors have stepped up to reaffirm the benefits of fasting, but previously it seemed like the New Agers tried to own the fasting space online.

I don't believe any religion has dibs on fasting or the heightened senses you experience while on the fast. The increased alertness/awareness of things going on around you can be interpreted a number of different ways, mostly good. For example, our senses could be heightened in the area of focus, so you are able to hunt and get food so you don't have to fast. When you break your fast, your taste buds are different as well, noticing how natural foods taste better and products with chemicals, well, taste like chemicals. This will go away in time, but that's why it is good to periodically fast to keep your body in a healthy state.

You're not very good at reading.

- are you water fasting?

I was reiterating the point you already made, so perhaps it's you that isn't very good at reading.

I fasted every year during Ramadan for 5 years with my ex girlfriend in Singapore. No biggie. Lots tons of weight but did more lifting than cardio so I didn't lose much muscle.

I did a 10 day fast before about seven or eight years ago. I did water for about five days before I hit a wall --- I was really stupid and was doing sports throughout which depleted me badly. I juiced one time a day on day five, seven and 10. I went from being able to do one day of fasting to 10 days. It is quite an experience. I lost 20 pounds in seven days. I was able to sit with people while they ate once I got over the rough stretch (2 days) and not be tempted to eat. Toxins were coming out of my body every which way after about a week in. My lips were turning purple, my skin had a glow as my body naturally was eliminating. You're in for some fun, lol.

I would recommend getting Dr. Joel Fuhrman's book on fasting. He was the doctor that was consulted with in "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead," the documentary about the two men who did juice fasting for sixty days to heal their ailments.

The first day and a half to two days are going to be the worst; just ride it out. Keep yourself busy with things to keep your mind off food. If you feel hungry, drink more water, but don't overdo it. You will feel like you are going to pass out at times or weak, but just get your bearings. It will pass.

You can do this!

What is your goal?
“Toxins were coming out of my body”
<{outtahere}><{outtahere}><{outtahere}>

If I didn’t train almost everyday I would probably try to fast once a week.

Edit: from food, not water holy shit that’s dumb

Back