Watermelon lovers assemble!

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just ordered shopping delivery with lovely watermelon, crunchy, sweet and juicy <3

King of the fruits. Low calorie, sweet and refreshing.

Who loves watermelon?

watermelon.jpg

Who doesn't like watermelon?

Love watermelon. Literally eat some everyday; use it in a morning smoothie.

I suspect some of you love watermelon in a "not just a friend" way...

OP is trying to identify all us athletic types. I fear he will enact a phase two.

In the early modern European imagination, the typical watermelon-eater was an Italian or Arab peasant. The watermelon, noted a British officer stationed in Egypt in 1801, was “a poor Arab’s feast,” a meager substitute for a proper meal. In the port city of Rosetta he saw the locals eating watermelons “ravenously ... as if afraid the passer-by was going to snatch them away,” and watermelon rinds littered the streets. The fruit symbolized these qualities: uncleanliness, because eating watermelon is so messy. Laziness, because growing watermelons is so easy, and it’s hard to eat watermelon and keep working—it’s a fruit you have to sit down and eat. Childishness, because watermelons are sweet, colorful, and devoid of much nutritional value. And unwanted public presence, because it’s hard to eat a watermelon by yourself.

The fruit symbolized these qualities: uncleanliness, because eating watermelon is so messy. Laziness, because growing watermelons is so easy, and it’s hard to eat watermelon and keep working—it’s a fruit you have to sit down and eat. Childishness, because watermelons are sweet, colorful, and devoid of much nutritional value. And unwanted public presence, because it’s hard to eat a watermelon by yourself.

"Watermelons are mostly water — about 92 percent — but this refreshing fruit is soaked with nutrients. Each juicy bite has significant levels of vitamins A, B6 and C, lots of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids. There's even a modest amount of potassium"

http://www.livescience.com/46019-watermelon-nutrition.html

Interesting history though, thanks for sharing. I only knew they were ridiculously easy to grow. I wonder if I could get any going in my backyard...

I love watermelon, especially with a cold glass of grape juice!

Sometimes I have it for desert after some fried chicken, especially after a hard day of playing basketball
Its grape soda ya dumb shit

In the early modern European imagination, the typical watermelon-eater was an Italian or Arab peasant. The watermelon, noted a British officer stationed in Egypt in 1801, was “a poor Arab’s feast,” a meager substitute for a proper meal. In the port city of Rosetta he saw the locals eating watermelons “ravenously ... as if afraid the passer-by was going to snatch them away,” and watermelon rinds littered the streets. The fruit symbolized these qualities: uncleanliness, because eating watermelon is so messy. Laziness, because growing watermelons is so easy, and it’s hard to eat watermelon and keep working—it’s a fruit you have to sit down and eat. Childishness, because watermelons are sweet, colorful, and devoid of much nutritional value. And unwanted public presence, because it’s hard to eat a watermelon by yourself.
Shouldn't toss the rinds. Pickle that shit!
'
Seriously though, watermelon is like the greatest thing ever.

i love watermelon.

but yall need to know how to eat it.

Shouldn't toss the rinds. Pickle that shit!
'
Seriously though, watermelon is like the greatest thing ever.

Dude I love watermelon. One day I Googled "why is watermelon racist" and I found an article with that blurb in it and I found it to be hilarious.

I've always felt this way about watermelon. I'm glad to be in distinguished company.

Back