WBC suspends bantamweight Luis Nery

baconCrunch

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
reported in the news, espn:

The WBC decided to punish Nery for his unprofessionalism.
"The WBC has implemented several procedures which have worked for many years with absolute success, including changing the official weigh-in to one day before the fight, implementing the monitoring weigh-in 30 and seven days before the fight, etc.," the WBC said in a statement. "For a bantamweight champion to arrive at the official weigh-in five pounds over is simply unacceptable. The WBC is formally suspending Luis Nery indefinitely. Luis Nery will be mandated to appear at a hearing to conduct a thorough investigation of the circumstances."
The WBC's suspension does not mean Nery can't box. He will, however, be dropped from the WBC's rankings and is not eligible to box for any of its world or regional titles.

in other news
JBC has temporarily banned Nery from fighting again in Japan.

while yamanaka has announced his retirement.

I Hope this doesnt hamper an inoue showdown, that is if nery ever foghts at bw again.

I Hope this doesnt hamper an inoue showdown, that is if nery ever foghts at bw again.

It probably will since I doubt Inoue will fight outside of Japan often. He's still got McDonnell to get through though.

The JBC have also sent their details to the WBA, WBO and IBF as well as the WBC, who have given Nery a punishment of their own and told Teiken to suspend 70% of Nery's purse until a hearing is held on the situation.

the only reason i want to see it is so naoya puts a hurting on the cheating little bastard.

the JBC has banned nery from ever fighting in japan
an indefinite ban, unless overturned.. which i see no reason why nery even has a case

Back