WBSS: J. Brähmer x R. Brant tonight (who you got?)

Buffmeister

RINYA NAKAMURA
@Black
Reaction score
Tonight: WBSS

Jürgen Brähmer
Height: 5ft 11inch
Reach: 71,1/2inch
Record: 48 (35inside)-3

image.jpg

vs.

Rob Brant
Height: 5ft 11,1/2inch
Reach: 70,1/2inch
Record: 22 (15inside)-0

image.jpg

Will youth overcome age?
Or will expierience overcome youth?

Who you got?...or rooting for?

Last edited:
The only reason I know who Rob Grant is because his name was mentioned as a possible opponent for Billy Joe Saunders a while back but they never fought. I'm not familiar with his fights but I'm interested in how this goes.

The only reason I know who Rob Grant is because his name was mentioned as a possible opponent for Billy Joe Saunders a while back but they never fought. I'm not familiar with his fights but I'm interested in how this goes.
Me too, haven't seen Brant fight.

Hoping for a nice scrap between them.
Fight is in Brähmers hometown...so lets see what happens if a close fight goes to a decision.

btw Brähmers coach will not be in his corner...he is in India, attending his daughters wedding.

Brant IMO. I don't think either has a chance of winning the tournament, but Braehmer is old man, and coming down in weight, with a coach who apparently won't be there. Brant seems to have some upside to him too (at least as a 160er), so yeah, Brant.

Brant IMO. I don't think either has a chance of winning the tournament, but Braehmer is old man, and coming down in weight, with a coach who apparently won't be there. Brant seems to have some upside to him too (at least as a 160er), so yeah, Brant.
Brähmer said in an interview...
That is he is kinda glad that his Coach is not in his corner...one guy less who is squeezing his balls and telling him things he already knows.

lol

Brähmer takes it and he's going to be a tough match up for the winner of Groves / Eubank in the final.

The rest of the tournament is looking pretty interesting now.

Welp, there goes any chances for a big American network to pick up the finals lol

Brähmer is criminally underrated. Skills, experience, professional about his training camps, and boxes out of his skin. Meaning he doesn't freeze during fights like Arthur Abraham with his guard strategy.

Brähmer (who I've never liked, for personal reasons) is going to box Smith's head off fighting like that. It'll be a boring masterclass (I do love me a boring masterclass).

Braehmer took a wide ud for anyone wondering. 119-109, 118-110, 116-112. Didn't see it but just looked it up.

http://www.boxingscene.com/juergen-braehmer-beats-rob-brant-results--121871
Brähmer looked pretty good out there!
Yes...size difference was there but he didn't look slower or less mobile than his younger foe.

Very nice timing...hard body shots...stiff straight left...

He looked very good for somebody who is 39 years old with over 50 fights, comming off a over 1 year lay off..

Brähmer (who I've never liked, for personal reasons) is going to box Smith's head off fighting like that. It'll be a boring masterclass (I do love me a boring masterclass).
...Personal reasons?...for some stuff he pulled outside the ring?

Brähmer looked pretty good out there!
Yes...size difference was there but he didn't look slower or less mobile than his younger foe.

Very nice timing...hard body shots...stiff straight left...

He looked very good for somebody who is 39 years old with over 50 fights, comming off a over 1 year lay off..
I honestly thought he was done after the Clev fight but sounds like he put on a nice performance here so I was wrong, as was my wallet.

Back