We all know where the money is for fighters. . . .

That is a poor argument. We use the same commissions, scoring systems and judging because MMA needed to be sanctioned and the easiest way to achieve this was the hang on boxing's coat tails. You might be well served to study the history of MMA, particularly after the early Zuffa era. But there is no reason to compare the fighters. No boxer would would have any success in MMA without years of training, just ask James Toney.

As for the lead jab...clearly you have never boxed or never competed in MMA.

MMA fighters have always known it was important to move their heads and protect their chins. But without big gloves and with the danger of kicks and knees there is enormous risk in moving your head too much. Peek-A-Boo or bobbing and weaving in the boxing model will get your head kicked off. Same for protecting your chin, much harder to do with 4 once gloves and when you have master so many disciplines.

I have spent many, many hours in the gym and have had actual fights. . . . Nope, your argument about moving your head and protecting your chin is wrong.. . . .Protecting against a knockout or knockdown is most important and everything works off of the jab.

I couldn't disagree more. MMA fighters are highly skilled and deserve our respect. As do boxers. I enjoy both sports and their great athletes.

Was being heavily sarcastic broseph. I think both are highly skilled. Just wanted someone to take offense.

If Kermit Cintron took on Sean Sherk's challenge, he would have made good money.

who gives a fuck, unless your a pro fighter. then boxing is definitely the business, if you have serious skills.

??? not in this reality. i couldn't even comprehend a boxing match between the two. conor was a big enough joke.

10 years ago or whatever I wouldn't have been surprised if it happened. And no I don't think it would be even.

10 years ago or whatever I wouldn't have been surprised if it happened. And no I don't think it would be even.
not taking anything away from anderson as an mma fighter, but in boxing he wouldn't last two seconds. the only thing that saved conor was the floyd's brittle hands and his lack of firepower these days. i was really extremely amused when people started talking conor vs canelo or golovkin, he made a start financial move fighting mayweather, but there was no way he was ever going to fight a real puncher.

not taking anything away from anderson as an mma fighter, but in boxing he wouldn't last two seconds. the only thing that saved conor was the floyd's brittle hands and his lack of firepower these days. i was really extremely amused when people started talking conor vs canelo or golovkin, he made a start financial move fighting mayweather, but there was no way he was ever going to fight a real puncher.

yeah, more or less.

yeah, more or less.
mayweather was putting on a show as well, but i don't think he would have stopped him much earlier if he had of tried. my prediction was for the late stoppage of even a possible decision. mayweather never had even close to the level of offence jones had, even in his prime.

That is a poor argument. We use the same commissions, scoring systems and judging because MMA needed to be sanctioned and the easiest way to achieve this was the hang on boxing's coat tails. You might be well served to study the history of MMA, particularly after the early Zuffa era. But there is no reason to compare the fighters. No boxer would would have any success in MMA without years of training, just ask James Toney.

MMA fighters have always known it was important to move their heads and protect their chins. But without big gloves and with the danger of kicks and knees there is enormous risk in moving your head too much. Peek-A-Boo or bobbing and weaving in the boxing model will get your head kicked off. Same for protecting your chin, much harder to do with 4 once gloves and when you have master so many disciplines.

lol, people in MMA have been making this excuse forever. With time, it becomes more and more obvious that fighters with half decent boxing fundamentals actually do a lot better in the sport. It's not a lack of applicability, it's a lack of ability on the part of a lot of MMA fighters. You're simply finding excuses to explain mediocrity.

Anderson Silvas boxing ability was what made him such a dominant striker in MMA, and he bobbed and weaved plenty. Also peek a booing shouldn't be the main form of defense for any fighter, technically speaking.

I think Cody Garbrant would have done the best in boxing of the current crop, wikipedia says he was 32-1 as a boxing amateur, I've heard varying reports about that. He seems to have a good grasp on the boxing fundamentals, hard to tell until he's in an actual boxing match but he could have done okay i think.

When I open a thread, recognise about 2 posters in it, and it’s aboit mma fighters in boxing why does it get re-directed here? I doubt many people give a flying fuck about who In mma can box because they don’t box. Punching does not equal boxing. If someone wandered into the octagon with a high guard and low output they’d wonder why their ankle just got snapped.

definitely right about the head movement, you can move right into a knee or a kick, which i've stupidly done.

When I open a thread, recognise about 2 posters in it, and it’s aboit mma fighters in boxing why does it get re-directed here? I doubt many people give a flying fuck about who In mma can box because they don’t box. Punching does not equal boxing. If someone wandered into the octagon with a high guard and low output they’d wonder why their ankle just got snapped.
ya, you're right, not really, why are we posting sun? I guess I'm bored, how bout you?

Roy would've slept The Spider. If he wouldn't have been compelled to carry him. What is it with these guys that want to "do it for the fan enjoyment"? I'd like to see an MMA guy take on Canelo, cause you know he wouldn't care about all that...
exactly. one of the reasons i love canelo, he doesn't give two shits about stretching it out. he entertains the fans by trying to kill the fool standing in front of him, and it's awesome.

ya, you're right, not really, why are we posting sun? I guess I'm bored, how bout you?
I’m posting and playing poker at the moment. I have 5 free tournament tickets, yeah I know bots play but all I need to do is cash once and I’ve made a profit.

Some of you guys have interesting stories to tell, some people think stipe miocic in mma mode can box, I choose who I listen to. Friends can turn out to be snakes, online I can tell you I have a 14” ding dong but no one is going to ask for pictures. @frenzy might and I’ll tell her it was cold.

I went to the gym tonight but I still can’t pivot or stay balanced because of my right foot, I reckon I have to accept I’m a moron with a decent jab and throw everything I can with my right or accept I’m cannon fodder for younger guys these days.

I’m posting and playing poker at the moment. I have 5 free tournament tickets, yeah I know bots play but all I need to do is cash once and I’ve made a profit.

Some of you guys have interesting stories to tell, some people think stipe miocic in mma mode can box, I choose who I listen to. Friends can turn out to be snakes, online I can tell you I have a 14” ding dong but no one is going to ask for pictures. @frenzy might and I’ll tell her it was cold.

I went to the gym tonight but I still can’t pivot or stay balanced because of my right foot, I reckon I have to accept I’m a moron with a decent jab and throw everything I can with my right or accept I’m cannon fodder for younger guys these days.
isn't it late in england now?

Back