We always have wanted to see Fedor vs Mir fight..

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Said no one ever.

I mean, For me, Fedor is the greatest of all time, at least for last 12+ years, but who really wanted to see this fight really in their primes? I mean, it's selling the fight so I don't hold it against them, but the whole narrative about how this fight was in such a big demand amongst fans is really out of place.

Because we all know what would've happened in their primes, and who wants to see a fight where the outcome was as predictable as the ending of Rocky movies?

i want to see Fedor vs whoever. B side don't matter.

Mir is a dangerous man, of course prime Fedor would be favored but Mir has KO power and some of the slickest/deadliest subs at HW, it was always a possibility for him to MIRder Fedor.

Mir is a dangerous man, of course prime Fedor would be favored but Mir has KO power and some of the slickest/deadliest subs at HW, it was always a possibility for him to MIRder Fedor.

Yeah but unlikely in their primes. Right now....Fedor might lose to Mousasi or even Rory, let alone heavyweight 265 pounds Mir.....I like that MIRDER lol

Said no one ever.

I mean, For me, Fedor is the greatest of all time, at least for last 12+ years, but who really wanted to see this fight really in their primes? I mean, it's selling the fight so I don't hold it against them, but the whole narrative about how this fight was in such a big demand amongst fans is really out of place.

Because we all know what would've happened in their primes, and who wants to see a fight where the outcome was as predictable as the ending of Rocky movies?
Personally I would've rather seen pre-Muay Thai Werdum vs. pre-Boxing Mir.

i want to see Fedor vs whoever. B side don't matter.

Fedor vs anyone nowadays is risky for fedor...His chin is gone..his grappling is gone...his submissions are long gone...when was the last time fedor attempted a takedown and did ground pound? It's been years...

Fedor vs anyone nowadays is risky for fedor...His chin is gone..his grappling is gone...his submissions are long gone...when was the last time fedor attempted a takedown and did ground pound? It's been years...

which makes it even more exciting and nerve racking for me. lol

No, we actually don’t know what would have happened. That’s the reason they should have fought. Like the other top HWs during Fedor’s “reign” that he never fought. It’s why he shouldn’t be considered a GOAT.

Frank Mir can't make it through the build-up to any fight without talking about how many bones he's broken in the cage, it's hilarious.

I like the fight, TS. They both still want to fight, and most young/top HW would merk both of them. So why not just see how this plays out? They've both seen better days, perfect time to throw them in together.

Frankly (no pun intended), I like this fight way better than if they were in their primes.

No, we actually don’t know what would have happened. That’s the reason they should have fought. Like the other top HWs during Fedor’s “reign” that he never fought. It’s why he shouldn’t be considered a GOAT.

Is that you, Dana?

I want to see Mir murked by anyone with more podcast talent in the english speaking world.

I still like seeing the OGs fight. I don't expect them to be how they were as long as they at least show glimmers of their old selfs. Mir and Hendo are who come to mind. Smoking the younger fighters every now and again

Also he is too slow now to get away with those wild sambo punches without getting countered.

Uhhhh we 100% did.... in 2004-2007. Nobody wants to see the older/slower Fedor against the Steroid Kingpin.

"We all know what would have happened"?

We really don't.

People act like Fedor is this old crippled man and Mir is in his prime... Mir is almost the same age is Fedor, has been fighting for just as long, has taken WAY MORE damage in his fights, and has been in a crippling motorcycle accident. Fedor is no more deteriorated or shop worn than Mir is.

I almost want to pick Fedor because he will probably go for the kill right of the bat and will have a good chance of smashing Mir. Early finish for whoever wins I bet.

I wanted to see Fedor vs Mir in their primes, TS. A lot of people did back then. What are you even talking about? Were you a fan back then?

Back