We need moon base, moon brahs GTFIH!

While a moon base would be cool our first step should be a fully habitable deep Ocean city based on the completely free energy source of deep ocean vents.

SmokerNOAA.gif

The energy they could draw from these could power the entire facility.

latest

What we would learn dealing with the immense pressure and challenges of deep sea life would invariably be valuable for space life and exploration.

It would also provide a colony that could potentially survive any surface type extinction event and be used to repopulate the planet at a future point.

While a moon base would be cool our first step should be a fully habitable deep Ocean city based on the completely free energy source of deep ocean vents.

SmokerNOAA.gif

The energy they could draw from these could power the entire facility.

latest

What we would learn dealing with the immense pressure and challenges of deep sea life would invariably be valuable for space life and exploration.

It would also provide a colony that could potentially survive any surface type extinction event and be used to repopulate the planet at a future point.

Bruh, The Abyss! Rather take my chances of going Bi on the moon.

In....fighting UFC..zero gravity...flying arm bar ...FTW

Imagine NASA's sat there waiting for historic scientific revelations from their new moonbase and the first data that comes through is like "So ... sucked my first dick today"

Dude, moon boobs will never sag, we'll be fine.

<seedat>

It is simple to fantasize the potential associated with space colonization while trivializing the inveterate obstacles. Regardless, you will not want to live anywhere(ships, moons, planets, etc.) for prolonged periods of time without Earth familiar gravity.
Mars would be ok, we are really too weak lb for lb to have evolved here and walking upright in this gravity.

We probably came from mars with less gravity originally

When I was a kid I was sure we would have colonized and started trying to re-terra form Mars by now.

Mars was originally earth like in atmosphere at the very least, just much farther in the past than we were.

No reason we couldn’t re do it now.

Your figures are way too low. Reaching the moon may cost that, but an additional $28 billion to $52 billion being spent on the construction of base-related structures.
sure but then all the sweet moon minerals etc. would pay for that. Plus it is another step towards becoming a multi planetary species. A space elevator on the moon would be monumental.

No way. That money is better spent feeding the poor, so they have more energy to fuck and make yet more poor people we can feed with our space money.

On another note, I love how vehemently people piss on space exploration budgets when our country routinely flushes trillions into the old septic tank while causing nothing more than casual outrage.

No way. That money is better spent feeding the poor, so they have more energy to fuck and make yet more poor people we can feed with our space money.

On another note, I love how vehemently people piss on space exploration budgets when our country routinely flushes trillions into the old septic tank while causing nothing more than casual outrage.
The old adage has always been true

“Give a man a fish, feed him for a day
TEACH him how to fish, feed him for life”

There are tons of countries where they can’t sustain the population without dropping off supplies all the time. Teach them how to farm Better and make what they have work, or let nature take its course and show them their population is too high for the area.

Giving people shit so they can sit on their asses in huts and knock out kid after kid they can’t feed is t fixing shit

Giving people shit so they can sit on their asses in huts and knock out kid after kid they can’t feed is t fixing shit

Which is exactly why we need to SEND THEM TO THE MOON

<Moves>

Our government thinks it's better to start never ending wars that murder thousands of innocent people.

And after all the death and destruction they want us to foot the bill to rebuild in the aftermath.

..."Three years of war devastated much of northern and western Iraq. Baghdad estimates $100 billion is needed nationwide to rebuild. Local leaders in Mosul, the biggest city held by IS, say that amount is needed to rehabilitate their city alone."...

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/i...efeated-now-who-will-pay-rebuild-iraq-n833071

..."And with the cost of reconstruction estimated at $100 billion for Iraq and at least $200 billion for Syria"...

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/01/after-isis-rebuild-iraq-syria-peace/

If going into space is a possibility, Providence willing, it provides people with more options to choose from to live their lives, it provides insulation from central planners and social engineers, it opens up a universe of resources, and it inspires that adventurous spirit of exploration within humanity. There are potential risks as well.

The point I want to make is that the people with real power, influence, and capitol in this world are much more interested in consolidating the entire planet under their control than they are in getting humanity a foothold in the cosmos...for now. Once they have consolidated hegemony on earth, if that ever happens, I'm sure they'll begin to project out into space, so long as they can direct and manage, and benefit from it. But they aren't going to push their wealth and influence towards unleashing mankind in space, potentially unraveling their chances of total world hegemony, unleashing a new "gold rush" so to speak out in space, and inspiring the spirit of adventure in the hearts and minds of man, until they have the system in place to dictate how that exploration unfolds, who participates, and who benefits.

Until people wake up and realize that, nothing will change. And until then, taxing you to pay for the leveling of uncooperative cities and nations and then taxing you again to pay for rebuilding those cities and nations and securing loyalty from the new regimes and placating the affected populations, is much more of a priority for those who have the position to make such decisions.

When I was a kid I was sure we would have colonized and started trying to re-terra form Mars by now.

Mars was originally earth like in atmosphere at the very least, just much farther in the past than we were.

No reason we couldn’t re do it now.

Mars has no magnetic field to shield it from radiation that would strip away any atmosphere. At about one tenth of the mass of the Earth, it also doesn't have enough mass to hold an atmosphere.

Mars has no magnetic field to shield it from radiation that would strip away any atmosphere. At about one tenth of the mass of the Earth, it also doesn't have enough mass to hold an atmosphere.

There's always the potential to develop some alternative process. The earths MF comes from its core. The core in Mars has frozen up and solidified I believe. So it's on us to develop a work around. That's what people mean when they say terra form. Either develop some kind of artificial atmosphere that allows us to establish earth like conditions on Mars or simply develop some bio-dome type alternative. This is costly obviously, but they claim theres trillions of dollars worth of resources in meteors and the other planets and moons. Even if Mars is essentially a dead planet (I don't know the correct terminology here, what I mean is no molten core, no MF, no tectonic activity etc, which are the fount for the conditions that exist on this planet), there are benefits to living there ie. no super volcanoes.

There may be the possibility of even jump starting planetary cores in the future. The core on earth is essentially a nuclear reactor. They know this from testing gasses leaking from volcanoes that spew out Helium 3 and Helium 4 I believe it is, which we know are bi-products of nuclear reactors. So we could potentially jump start the nuclear process in the core of a planet, add some fuel if necessary, and wait and see what happens. Through trial and error you improve the process and hopefully work out the kinks. Then you play hopscotch through space. Admittedly this is all hypothetical and a long way off.

For what it's worth, the Sumerian tablets translated by Zechariah Sitchin claim that the Annunaki came to earth to mine gold to use for repairing the atmosphere on their home planet. Then they got tired of mining gold so they made workers to do it for them.

Last edited:
You clearly don’t know how the magnetic field is generated, or why mars no longer has one, or why ours won’t last forever either.

And mars DOES have an atmosphere, it’s nust nkt as dense as ours, due to it losing its magnetic field.

There's always the potential to develop some alternative process. The earths MF comes from its core. The core in Mars has frozen up and solidified I believe. So it's on us to develop a work around. That's what people mean when they say terra form. Either develop some kind of artificial atmosphere that allows us to establish earth like conditions on Mars or simply develop some bio-dome type alternative. This is costly obviously, but they claim theres trillions of dollars worth of resources in meteors and the other planets and moons. Even if Mars is essentially a dead planet (I don't know the correct terminology here, what I mean is no molten core, no MF, no tectonic activity etc, which are the fount for the conditions that exist on this planet), there are benefits to living there ie. no super volcanoes.

There may be the possibility of even jump starting planetary cores in the future. The core on earth is essentially a nuclear reactor. They know this from testing gasses leaking from volcanoes that spew out Helium 3 and Helium 4 I believe it is, which we know are bi-products of nuclear reactors. So we could potentially jump start the nuclear process in the core of a planet, add some fuel if necessary, and wait and see what happens. Through trial and error you improve the process and hopefully work out the kinks. Then you play hopscotch through space. Admittedly this is all hypothetical and a long way off.

For what it's worth, the Sumerian tablets translated by Zechariah Sitchin claim that the Annunaki came to earth to mine gold to use for repairing the atmosphere on their home planet. Then they got tired of mining gold so they made workers to do it for them.
<{monica}>

Back