We Need to Talk About Dewey Cooper.

What hell are you talking about scab, I'm lying about Rampage giving up a long time ago and just fighting to collect a check?
You literally said that the reason Rampage sucks and is obese now is because of Dewey, when it clearly is not.

wth there was no wrestling coach in Ngannou corner and you blame his striking coach,lol. Blame fighter and his head coach.

Dumb thread, kevin lee was not known to be a phenomenal puncher and Francis just started this sport 4 years ago - typical sherdog opinion here - he got those guys into title fights - they both almost won the belt in the first round of their fights too
Francis also most won, lol hahaha, hope that was a joke.

Oh yea I said something about Kevin Lee being a hell of a striker, do "you people" just make up things, because you bring up things that were never mentioned and are therefore not relevant to the thread.
lol it's very relevant Dewey Cooper is taking guys with minimal striking experience and making them competitive top 5-10 UFC professional fighters - I'm willing to wager you have no combat sports experience

I don't remember Dewey as a fighter, but he looks like the dude I used to see at the NAGA's with Drysdale, is that the same guy?

You literally said that the reason Rampage sucks and is obese now is because of Dewey, when it clearly is not.
BULLcrap I said that, on let me guess you were in "special educations classes"? Show me I said that and I will delete my account right now virgin.

I can’t believe I got baited by this troll looking to argue. If you are that bored with your life go to church

wth there was no wrestling coach in Ngannou corner and you blame his striking coach,lol. Blame fighter and his head coach.
Oh my another special case, so where exactly did I say there was a wrestling coach in the corner?

He almost knocked out Stipe in the first round and kevin lee almost beat tony Ferguson in the first round - ur thread is a joke bud
You can not read because clearly I mentioned Kevin almost beating Tony, but almost is not a win, and when it comes down to it Kevin was ill prepared and no Francis did not almost finish Stipe, are you stupid?

Cultivate the poise of a dead man. The samurai should be incapable of being emotionally aroused, particularly by lust, greed, pride, jealousy or anger.

Can't beleive I wasted a few seconds of my life with you but I predict a short lifespan for you on Sherdog .. on this account, at least.
All men are aroused by lust , I dont care if its a samurai or whoever.

I give this account another few hours. The impotent rage is real.

Maybe, but he did have a fast turn around so it is possible he would not have learned to much, what ever

"Exaggerating", are you stupid, the guy lost just about every fight he was in, also I never said Lee was not a good fighter, but if Dewey was not his coach maybe he could have beat or done better against Tony.

So have other trainers. Check Greg Jackson or Javier Mendez record. You don’t have to be an all time great fighter to coach.
You don’t know for sure he would have. Maybe he would have done worse without Cooper.

So I have not been following the sport long because you said so, come dude saying "you haven't been following the sport long" is just as corny as saying "savage or epic" lets be adults here. With that said Rampage stop trying a long time ago and i think that is clear to anyone who has seen that slob fight within the last 6-8 years. Point is Dewey is a hack of a coach and people should stay away from him. If Ngannou would have went to a good camp maybe he would have learned some new things that could have actually helped him.

CLEARLY I KNOW HE JUST GOT WITH COOPER BUT HE SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT SOMETHING TO THE TABLE TO BETTER HELP EVOLVE HIS DAMN FIGHTER.

Wow so you somehow know that i wanted to piss people off? You narcissistic little fool how dare you, whatever i said was my opinion. Therefore I never meant to make people happy or angry, I have no emotions on the matter i just dont think he is a good coach.
Were you one of the dorks sending death threats to Dewey Cooper?

View attachment 328325 View attachment 328327 It seems he is poison to everyone's career that trains under him, and Kevin Lee, Rampage and Francis Ngannou being his recent failures. I have also seen him in a few other people corners as well and I just do not get why he is sought out as a coach. Further, after looking at his prize fighting history I noticed he just about lost every single fight he was in, yet he was somehow still inducted in to the Martial Arts Hall of Fame. With that in mind if this "super can" made it in to the "HOF" is it fair enough to say that the Martial Arts Hall of Fame"is a joke? However this thread is about Dewey in general and his failures as an MMA coach, I just really do not like the guy and think he aided Francis in failing tonight.

Not true.. he’s won 5 world titles with Jessica Racoczy in boxing, he has won the WKA belt with Amir Abdallah in kickboxing, he won the Welterweight Championship title with Jessie Vargas (not to mention Jessie was the underdog and got the knockout that he has not gotten in many years prior to Dewey as coach) in boxing, and got the Championship belt with Beibut Shumenov. He has a winning record both as a fighter and coach, so check your stats. As a fighter, he was often fought being 20 pounds less than the opponent in kickboxing and fought them anyway. He fought in boxing, kickboxing and MMA- the only coach to do it. He’s the real deal. Here’s an interview of him. He really knows his stuff.

3 successful fighters. Alright kevin lee is not a good striker but looked good tonight

TS is an idiot. He never had much to do with Rampage. He certainly never was a major part of a camp. As for him losing "virtually every fight," by all means go look at the size of the people he fought compared to himself. That is why Rampage was a fan of his, because he said every time he saw him fight he was like 50 lbs. smaller than the other guy. As for the Francis stuff, people blame him for stuff he had no control of like the towels in the corner. He did what his head coach said. Francis took off for France for 2 weeks before the fight against Dewey's wishes. Stuff like that. And yes, Kevin Lee was not well thought of at first. It want until he started working with Dewey that he all of a sudden became a name in the UFC

Do "you people" even think before you post, I never thought Dewey was a good coach which is one of the reasons why i'm wondering how he got in to the Marital Arts Hall of Fame. Stipe did his thing, but Francis was not well prepared, he gassed in the first round and his TDD was just trash.
Do you do YOUR research? Does a striking coach help him with his TDD? His cardio was trash.....and that is the striking coach's fault how? Dewey is an assistant coach with little to do with the overall preparation of the things you mentioned

View attachment 328325 View attachment 328327 It seems he is poison to everyone's career that trains under him, and Kevin Lee, Rampage and Francis Ngannou being his recent failures. I have also seen him in a few other people corners as well and I just do not get why he is sought out as a coach. Further, after looking at his prize fighting history I noticed he just about lost every single fight he was in, yet he was somehow still inducted in to the Martial Arts Hall of Fame. With that in mind if this "super can" made it in to the "HOF" is it fair enough to say that the Martial Arts Hall of Fame"is a joke? However this thread is about Dewey in general and his failures as an MMA coach, I just really do not like the guy and think he aided Francis in failing tonight.
Ya he was shit and had zero power. Super boring to watch

Back