We will NEVER see a fighter like DC again

Sir Charles gets shorter every year. Soon they will be talking about the Spud Webb sized power forward that dominated the paint despite his manlet stature.

Hendo bless

images

TRT "bless."

Im telling you all, it takes an insanely specific body type to accomplish what DC has with his height.

Ortega was in the show with DC and they were basically the same height.

DC = Charles Barkley of MMA.

In case some dont know, Charles is a 6'4 PF that would manhandle 7 footers with his beast strength and lower body balance.

So enjoy the DC ride, together with Dominick Cruz hes the most underated GOAT
DC turned out to be one of the best fighters ever but LITTLE to do with his body frame...and ,please ,don't put Cruz and DC in same breath.

When its all said and done, Daniel will be on the GOAT list....Cruz will not (maybe all the sheep will follow up and put Cruz on such a list but that's just silly)

DC is a special kind of athlete and personality. There's no doubt. Despite people not liking his persona.... he's a rare kind of human.

Same for Jones. Usually the tall guys are lanky and can't wrestle for sh*t.

There will be guys like DC in the future, as wrestling is a low pay sport and MMA attracts them. Another stocky Olympian will come around. But of the ones thus far few get so good at striking like DC did.

A guy like Jones is tougher to replicate. Tall wrestler who can fight both tall and short with incredible balance, the weakness of the tall man.

Is height as significant in MMA as it is in basketball? Is DC much shorter than Fedor Emelianenko or Igor Vovchenchyn?

Last edited:
DC is certainly a great fighter with unique talents. But if we're just talking about body types, then there have been plenty of successful short, stocky fighters in MMA. As has been pointed out, Jon Jones has a much more unique body type. PEDs aside, it's practically unheard of in MMA for a long, lanky fighter to also be a great wrestler like Jones. If we're comparing MMA to basketball, I'd say Jones is akin to the Greek Freak.

umg ... both have their advantages and disadvantages. MMA is still small as fuck and thats the reason why we dont see any more of these people.

There will be guys like DC in the future, as wrestling is a low pay sport and MMA attracts them. Another stocky Olympian will come around. But of the ones thus far few get so good at striking like DC did.

A guy like Jones is tougher to replicate. Tall wrestler who can fight both tall and short with incredible balance, the weakness of the tall man.

I think a guy like brock is rarer.

- very big
- fast for his size
- cardio

TRT "bless."
Yeah, but he was *actually* on TRT and never came in above normal limits, and when it was banned he still was able to take Bisping yet again within an inch of his life in their rematch.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can possibly hate on Hendo.

Doesn't matter how he looks and his size... the guy is an animal. But ever... say give it some years.

DC is a special kind of athlete and personality. There's no doubt. Despite people not liking his persona.... he's a rare kind of human.

You can say that a lot more about Jones. And DC's job now is to make Jones look great. Whatever he accomplishes is a credit to Jon in a way.

(Glad I could contribute in this DC tribute thread).

DC is too much of a Dana suck-up for me to like him as a person. But he is an amazing fighter.

Barkley had underrated TDs as well. First guy to ever take Shaq down. Prime Barkley deserves more respect.

PowerfulMilkyAmericanquarterhorse-max-1mb.gif

Back