weakest state in usa for mma

I'm looking for a state where competition is easier, too.
Let me travel to Maine and try local MMA gigs. If I get my ass whupped, then
I'll move to Nova Scotia.

lol i dont care for pay ill do it free as long as they pay travel im fighting overseas soon and id like to get a easy tune up fight

wyoming had nate marquardt
montana had jardine, montanahas a strong regional mma bracket.
North Dakota has almost zero mma scene anymore and zero fighters

Yeah don't get me wrong, they have TONS of tough Legacy FC/prelim Bellator type fighters that do well in Tier 2 promotions but they have barely any consistent guys in Tier 1 promotions (UFC, main card Bellator, PFL). Trust me, I live and train in Texas, i know what they have (tons of "tough" B promotion guys but hardly any elite/high level fighters).

In the entire time i've trained/lived in Texas, i've seen maybe 3 guys that I've said "damn thats a high level fighter" (those guys where Vick, Guy Mezger, and Hendricks).

2nd highest population in the USA and you can't even get a handful of elite fighters in the last two decades (that's why I said for it's population, its one of the weakest states).

im not talking about top tier guys i mean guys who are bums completely like even there best guys not even being purple belt level on ground

any show intexas nowadays pro is gonna have guys purple belt level and decent striking

Right now Illinois is pretty shitty. Lamas, guida and pat curran?

i liked big tim - but aside from him...who else is outta maine?
So add Marcus Davis to the two Timmys, former WEC Featherweight Champion Mike Brown, and of course Dana White! The ratio of fighters to population makes Maine one of the top states. Just think, NYC alone has almost eight times the population, the material infrastructure that allows training, and how many fighters come out of there?

Yeah don't get me wrong, they have TONS of tough Legacy FC/prelim Bellator type fighters that do well in Tier 2 promotions but they have barely any consistent guys in Tier 1 promotions (UFC, main card Bellator, PFL). Trust me, I live and train in Texas, i know what they have (tons of "tough" B promotion guys but hardly any elite/high level fighters).

In the entire time i've trained/lived in Texas, i've seen maybe 3 guys that I've said "damn thats a high level fighter" (those guys where Vick, Guy Mezger, and Hendricks).

2nd highest population in the USA and you can't even get a handful of elite fighters in the last two decades (that's why I said for it's population, its one of the weakest states).

Have Derrick lewis, Heath herring and Leonard Garcia also but Texas is mainly a football state for when kids are younger so alot less focus on marial arts as a kid I would say

Back