Weatherman's Lifehack for Defrosting Car Windows

Ya but would this cold water and rubbing alcohol solution help me with my noisy weed smokers outside my apartment, problem?

guard-alaska-bear-pepper-spray.jpg

Never do anything illegal, and be aware of the wind.

<seedat>

Is a pitcher of warm water too hard for people? Or too easy?
If you're in Chicago you can have fun watching even boiling water refreeze on your windshield in seconds.

When it’s -40C i drop my pants and melt an ass-shaped spot on my windshield and side window.

It’s kind of funny to me that he mixes 2 parts 70% IPA with one part water to make a roughly 50% IPA and then declares that since IPA’s freezing point is -130, it will never freeze. 50%’s freezing point is -5F which most certainly could freeze in my neck of the woods.

One wonders why this specific mixture of water and IPA as well. Why not just spray on the 70% you find in most drug stores.

Walmart has been selling this stuff in spray bottles and aerosol cans for at least the last 20 years. $2 will last you most of winter. I only use it when the ice is super thick and hard or when I'm late for work and don't have time to scrape the shit off.
I like when it gets super thick and hard

Seems like too much work. Just clear a wee porthole in front of the wheel and off you go. At least that's what a bunch of tards do around here.

Pitcher of lukewarm water has always worked for me. Some days take two, but we're only talking -5F at most.

Meanwhile in Canada
"I think we'll need more than the spray bottle, Jim."

9940e4ed623448ecaa6585f54f53a020.jpg

I just drive. I have so much expirence driving blacked out or asleep I don’t need to see shit.

That alcohol-water solution will mess with the rubber seals on your windsheild cowl and cause fast deterioration over time. Scrape that shit and quit being lazy weatherman.

just drink alcohol and piss on it

Apparently this has gone viral. So simple: 2/3 Rubbing Alcohol and 1/3 Cold Water Solution. Hope some of our cold weather brethren who hate the ice scrapers might find this useful. I imagine it's old news to a bunch of you, but you never know.

I live up here in the frozen Great Lakes, and did not know this.

Back