Weidman next for title shot

Mason Magboo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
According to the official UFC rankings, Chris Weidman is higher than Gastelum with number 3 over number 4. Do u think he gets the shot at the belt? I think

Nah, even though that's how it SHOULD work, I see Gastelum getting it.

The UFC has been trying to push him into a title shot forever.

Screen-Shot-2017-04-04-at-5.41.21-PM.png

Weidman is the GOAT of last week. No one cares about him anymore, just his dad.

Weidman had his moment in the sun. He was the guy who derailed and defended against Silva. But since his performance has been mixed at best.

a guy who's 1-3 in his last 4 and hasn't fought in a year is ranked higher than (because he beat) a guy who is 4-1-1 in the same time period. each against top 5 and top 10 fights.

welcome to mma rankings, son.

but to answer your question, odds are he won't. huge odds. a very remote chance. but in this day and age of title defenses against #13 ranked 45 year old fighters....well, if Weidman gets a title shot, we can honestly say we've seen worse.

No, because hes been too inactive while Big Gas has beaten the former champ and former #1 contender since his loss to My Boy

Weidman needs another win, give him David Branch or the winner of Shoeface, then if he wins that, a title shot

Sure. Weidman was always winning every fight until he lost, And according to himself is the best mw ever, so a titleshot Sounds right.

Chris needs to fight Jacare or rematch Luke. He needs at least one more win before he gets a title shot imo

He sent the Moose running to another org, of course he deserves a title shot.

1-3 in his last 4. 3 bad loses against guys ranked higher then kelvin at the time. Kelvin wasn't ranked that high when chris beat him MMA MATH doesn't work. Chris is a couple fights off a title shot. I personally think it should be jacare Weidman at this point

According to the official UFC rankings, Chris Weidman is higher than Gastelum with number 3 over number 4. Do u think he gets the shot at the belt? I think

Dude is approaching a year since he last fought, and has been TKOd in 3 of his last 4.

He needs another win or two to even be considered. But then, this is the UFC, so anything goes.

Is like you are trying to convince yourself rather than us

Gastelum gets the shot

All I know is Silva is done, Vitor is done, Machida is old as shit, Bisping is done, Rockhold's at 205 etc... This division is turning to shit.

No he's completely unreliable

Back