Weidman should get title shot, not Gastelum

Gastelum feels like the natural contender but that Weidman loss really kind of muddies the situation. Although it would feel like awkward booking, if Weidman can be back soon, booking the same match again wouldn’t be the worst idea. Gastelum wins then he has proven without a doubt he deserves a shot. Weidman wins then you can almost excuse the poor recent record by concentrating on him beating the other most viable contender twice in a row.

I think he meant only Whittaker beat jacare convincingly

I think I messed this up with my previous post.

I was being sarcastic in that Yoel, unlike jacare, beats ranked opponents.

Jacare is a beloved gatekeeper, but he can’t beat he upper echelon fighters at mw, nor can he apparently beat ww reality show winners.

He might be a good guy, and he might grow a full head of hair, but he is not championship material in the ufc.

Maybe bellator or onefc, but not in the ufc.

was joe rogan mad when you tried to grab the mic from his hand?

razor thin , not razor sharp TS!

Nahh..

UEhUSC1.jpg

American fans splurging on Mousasi-Storm i, ii, iii, iv like he is the next Conor. Fanboys were right.

Weidman beated Gastelum and finished him yes.

But after that Kelvin beated the immediate former champion and the ranked #2 he deserves the shot over Weidman, and also, as i recall, Weidman has surgery and still is not at 100%

Well Tavares is on a nice streak and if he beats Israel, especially impressively I'd say he deserves it. Those losses were awhile ago and Tavares seems to be getting better, I think him and Weidman would make a great fight.
Once Weidman beats him, ur gonna day Weidman beat a low ranked fighter

Weidman beated Gastelum and finished him yes.

But after that Kelvin beated the immediate former champion and the ranked #2 he deserves the shot over Weidman, and also, as i recall, Weidman has surgery and still is not at 100%
Weidman is back in a month or two to training and Gastelum did beat 2 old fucks. He beat Bisping after losing the belt three weeks prior. And slightly beat Jacare. Weidman beated Gastelum but Gastelum isn’t bisping or Jacare who are two old fucks

Depends on who wins the title fight. If Romero wins they should make Romero vs Gastelum, if Whittaker wins i still think Gastelum should get the shot, he is more active and besides that win against Kelvin Weidman lost his last 3 by finish. Its kinda weird anyway as all top MW have recent loses.
Tell me right now, did Weidman beat Gastelum? It’s either YES OR NO

Go back and have a look at Weidmans record in his last few fights and then compare it to gastelum. Please then tell me how the fuck that makes sense ?
What if he took a fight on short notice against a top contender, would he get a title shot if he wins?

I rather have the guy who was willing to step up and fight & won against Jacare get the title shot rather than the person who bailed out on the fight because he suddenly says that he needed to get an operation on his thumb

I rather have the guy who was willing to step up and fight & won against Jacare get the title shot rather than the person who bailed out on the fight because he suddenly says that he needed to get an operation on his thumb
Health is more important but Gastelum was lucky to get that opportunity

Tell me right now, did Weidman beat Gastelum? It’s either YES OR NO
He beat him and i dont think i dispute that, its just that besides that loss to Weidman his record is spotless at MW while Weidman lost his last 3 before winning against Gastelum, he also isnt as active, and if Romero wins no point to make a rematch in which Weidman got finished badly. Chris last win before the Gastelum fight is Belfort in May 2015 thats 3 years ago. You cant have a 1 fight win streak and fight for the title but it happend so its not impossible. Gastelum has back to back wins over Bisping the last Champ before Whittaker and Jacare who was ranked highly, so i think Gastelum should get the shot or fight someone for the Contender match, Chris needs another good win to get a shot just my opinion. But if you go by that logic why doesnt Warley Alves fight for the Interim belt, he beat Colby.

Also legit funny that you dismiss KG's wins over old heads when Chris's entire claim to fame comes from beating old Brazilian fighters

Funny how Weidman's first win over Silva is dismissed as being against an "old fighter". Silva loses to a better fighter and suddenly he is past his prime.

Silva was undefeated in the UFC when he fought Weidman , 37 years old and on a 17 fight win streak.

Before losing to Gastelum Saturday, Jacare was considered a top 3 MW in the world at age 38.

Romero is considered one of the top MW at age 41.

Weidman beat the best version of Silva in their first fight.

Holly Holm won after 3 losses and got to fight Cyborg in a different weight class
Dont compare MW to WFW, anyone can fight Cyborg, they just have to want to, there is no one in the division thats why she fights BW.

Big Gas can probably get his shot and compete for the title before Weidman is even ready to come back so you don't need to worry about him stealing his place in line.

Back