Weidman should get title shot, not Gastelum

He beat him and i dont think i dispute that, its just that besides that loss to Weidman his record is spotless at MW while Weidman lost his last 3 before winning against Gastelum, he also isnt as active, and if Romero wins no point to make a rematch in which Weidman got finished badly. Chris last win before the Gastelum fight is Belfort in May 2015 thats 3 years ago. You cant have a 1 fight win streak and fight for the title but it happend so its not impossible. Gastelum has back to back wins over Bisping the last Champ before Whittaker and Jacare who was ranked highly, so i think Gastelum should get the shot or fight someone for the Contender match, Chris needs another good win to get a shot just my opinion. But if you go by that logic why doesnt Warley Alves fight for the Interim belt, he beat Colby.
Warlley Alves lost his next two fights and then beat a no name by decision

Post USADA weidman doesn't deserve shit, only cuz he beat little gastelum by imposing his weight on him doesn't mean shit.
He is old, injured, no heart and past his glory days (2 wins vs a no shits giving silva).
The guy got lucky when gastelum dropped his ass and the round ended.
Gastelum deserves it more than weidman
Fucking tell me. Who deserves a title shot at this point either Weidman or Jacare. Who would you think?

Whut?

Do you forget that before Gastelum, he lost 3 straight?
Kelvin beat to "old heads"? Heck man, these two old heads was:
1) One fight removed from being champion
2) The top ranked guy besides the two that are already fighting for that belt.

How do you figure that 1-3 is better that 3-1?
Because Weidman beat him and he is the better fighter

Fucking tell me. Who deserves a title shot at this point either Weidman or Jacare. Who would you think?
Weidman is 1-3 in his last 4 with some really bad loses in there. Cant give Weidman the title shot. He needs to prove himself post Usada before he even gets mentioned. Build himself back up. Decent win over kelvin but to much time off inbetween fights killed that hype already

Weidman is 1-3 in his last 4 with some really bad loses in there. Cant give Weidman the title shot. He needs to prove himself post Usada before he even gets mentioned. Build himself back up. Decent win over kelvin but to much time off inbetween fights killed that hype already
Weidman beat him already period.

Weidman beat him already period.
and lost 3 bad fights before that. MMA math doesn't work man, you don't just get a title shot after shitting the bed because you beat a guy who beat a guy lol. Weidman isn't close to a title shot being 1-3 and getting finished as much as he did.

and lost 3 bad fights before that. MMA math doesn't work man, you don't just get a title shot after shitting the bed because you beat a guy who beat a guy lol. Weidman isn't close to a title shot being 1-3 and getting finished as much as he did.
You’re saying Gastelum gets it? I just said Weidman beat him and Gastelum hasn’t proved enough yet! He should fight the loser of the title fight or Luke Rockhold. And make a statement in those fights. The Bisping fight wasn’t fair because Bisping should’ve not taken the fight so quickly and the Jacare fight was too close. A split decision isn’t a statement and a KO against an unhealthy man isn’t a statement either

I would have agreed with this 3-4 months ago. However, Gastelum has wins over a former champ and a top five guy since he lost to Weidman, and Weidman has been sitting out due to injury (again).

You’re saying Gastelum gets it? I just said Weidman beat him and Gastelum hasn’t proved enough yet! He should fight the loser of the title fight or Luke Rockhold. And make a statement in those fights. The Bisping fight wasn’t fair because Bisping should’ve not taken the fight so quickly and the Jacare fight was too close. A split decision isn’t a statement and a KO against an unhealthy man isn’t a statement either
kelvin knocking out the former champ is a bigger win then Weidman beating kelvin if that makes sense to you, Also beating jacare is a bigger win then kelvin was at the time Weidman beat him. Weidman not fighting often, losing 3 of his last 4 in devastating fashion doesn't help him at all. I get it, he is still your boy. But he has some work to do before getting in the title picture. He should be going after the jacare fight at this point and look to make a statement. That's the quickest route in my opinion for him

Chris needs to retire for his own well being.

Both him and Kelvin made a career out of beating on old men but losing to fighters close to their age. It's not totally their fault though, as the division (prior to Yoel, Whittaker, and Luke) historically has been full of older fighters higher in the rankings (Bisping, Maia, Munoz, Kennedy, Jacare, etc)...

Reality is if Kelvin wins the belt, the Chris would tool him (due to shear size) again. But Weidman would quickly lose the belt and we'd be back in the same place with either Yoel, Whittaker, or Luke being the champion.

Warlley Alves lost his next two fights and then beat a no name by decision
And Weidman lost 3 by ko just before his fight against Gastelum. Now you see hopefully that it doesnt make sense, i get that your a fan of Weidman i like his fights too, doesnt mean you have to be unreasonable.

Because Weidman beat him and he is the better fighter
One: he is not.
Two: Weidman beat him a year ago and then did not fight. Kelvin has two victories over higher ranked fighters and clearly leapfrogged Weidman.

Tell your boy to stay active or this happen.

What do you mean? Weidman is a top contender. Israel and Tavares aren’t elite, for now not yet. Tavares got destroyed by both Romero and Whittaker. And Israel will get grind out by great Wrestlers
I dont know who tavares even is but you could use the same logic for weidman, he was destroyed by Rockhold, Yoel and Mousasi.

Weidman has been in a cast for going on a year now and is just hoping to get a fight in before the end of the year. For his own sake his first fight back after so much time off training should not be Robert Whittaker or Yoel Romero.

Weidman has turned into a complainer man. 1-3 in last 4 is not Title Shot Worthy ! ! !

I am a Weidman fan, but even I have to say Kelvun deserves it more right now. Let Weidman get a top win, and if so then he can get next shot after that.

Weidman is my boy, but I suspect he needs a fight before the shot. Either someone like Jacare, coming off a close loss, or the winner of Adesanya/Tavarez as was suggested earlier. I think he makes for an interesting matchup versus Whittaker, but he has been awfully inactive.

Back