Weirdest/Lamest Olympic Sports

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Sherdog is an MMA forum and as such there is a thread every 10 days saying something to the effect of “What if MMA were an Olympic Sport?” Of course, it never will be. Which is kind of sad when you realize how many lame sports made the grade. What do you think are the strangest or lamest sports?

This one isn’t lame, in fact kind of entertaining, but it is weird: Bobsledding. Did a committee just sit down and say,

“Know what would make an interesting sport? What if we made a tube, cut the top half off, fill it with ice, and send a sled with a team of people down it as fast as possible?!”

“Sure, sure, but what about MMA?”

“What? MMA!! That’s not a real sport! Now bobsledding, that’s a sport!”

Synchronized trampoline, or whatever the fuck it is.
rhythmic gymnastic.
curling.

Sherdog is an MMA forum and as such there is a thread every 10 days saying something to the effect of “What if MMA were an Olympic Sport?” Of course, it never will be. Which is kind of sad when you realize how many lame sports made the grade. What do you think are the strangest or lamest sports?

This one isn’t lame, in fact kind of entertaining, but it is weird: Bobsledding. Did a committee just sit down and say,

“Know what would make an interesting sport? What if we made a tube, cut the top half off, fill it with ice, and send a sled with a team of people down it as fast as possible?!”

“Sure, sure, but what about MMA?”

“What? MMA!! That’s not a real sport! Now bobsledding, that’s a sport!”

Well I must say you just sold me on bobsledding sounding way cooler than MMA is.

Curling is ignorant

Pankrstion, the grandfather of mma was an original Olympic sport and one of the main features originally.

The olympics need to go back to their roots

I think I have yet to come across coverage of a sport at the Olympics that I actively wish wasn't included.

Curling is ignorant

This is one the greatest sentences in the history of Sherdog. The lack of a full stop/period is the coup de grace.

100m.

What, they start at one end and then run to the other? Where's the skill in that?

THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE TO GO AROUND ANY CORNERS!!!

Female curling is one of the most hysterical sports to watch

I could listen to her
7vuv8nZb.jpg

and her
ad_127025830.jpg

scream HARD all day!

Long distance running is pretty pointless.
Because unless you are from a specific region from East Africa or at least of that ethnicity you can't win.
They could just give whoever won the "East African" Championship the gold medal no reason to get everyone to run a long distance.
This goes for a few other sports as well. Its just that its so dominant in long distant running.

I would say Walking, but that shit is deceptively riveting. Will someone trip and be crushed as s/he is pranced over by their uncaring rivals? Will one of them momentarily break into a light jog and be dq'd?

I could listen to her

and her
ad_127025830.jpg

scream HARD all day!
Nice shoes on that second one
[<cena1}

Last edited:
Doubles luge, if they still do that. Can't they just have one guy do this and leave well enough alone? Nope, they have to try it again with a dude stacked on top of another dude. Fucking retarded.

Back