Weirdest/Lamest Olympic Sports

Awarding a medal for each swimming stroke.

This is one the greatest sentences in the history of Sherdog. The lack of a full stop/period is the coup de grace.
I prefer coup de gras, but whatever.

If I wanted to use perfect vebage and composition I’d post on a writing forum.

Eat a dick for breakfast.

horse dancing or whatever it's called

anything that is up to artistic interpretation like synchronized swimming, or dance skating/dance gymnastics....shits just rigged

I think Cross Country Skiing mixed with shooting has got to be the craziest sport combo out there though, cross country skiing is fucking exhausting, then you make the skiier stop and control his breathing and concentration enough to hit 5 targets that are like 100m away....fucking nuts ass sport those guys are crazy

Long distance running is pretty pointless.
Because unless you are from a specific region from East Africa or at least of that ethnicity you can't win.
They could just give whoever won the "East African" Championship the gold medal no reason to get everyone to run a long distance.
This goes for a few other sports as well. Its just that its so dominant in long distant running.

Pussy.

If I wanted to use perfect vebage and composition I’d post on a writing forum.

Eat a dick for breakfast.

Quit crying goofus, it was a compliment.

Underwater synchronized swim dancing with the wedgies are not bad. Also, I've seen pics where women's water polo has the women tugging each other's swimsuits exposing the boobs and that's legal.

Sherdog is an MMA forum and as such there is a thread every 10 days saying something to the effect of “What if MMA were an Olympic Sport?” Of course, it never will be. Which is kind of sad when you realize how many lame sports made the grade. What do you think are the strangest or lamest sports?

This one isn’t lame, in fact kind of entertaining, but it is weird: Bobsledding. Did a committee just sit down and say,

“Know what would make an interesting sport? What if we made a tube, cut the top half off, fill it with ice, and send a sled with a team of people down it as fast as possible?!”

“Sure, sure, but what about MMA?”

“What? MMA!! That’s not a real sport! Now bobsledding, that’s a sport!”
Bobsled is awesome. So is luge and skeleton.

A hilarious one is racewalking. Looks so ridiculous.

I could listen to her
7vuv8nZb.jpg

and her
ad_127025830.jpg

scream HARD all day!
Top one is from my hometown!

Racewalking is pretty insane. The crazy thing is they are actually moving pretty quickly, the Olympic record for a mile is 5:30 minutes. Plus they're going like 12-24 miles at a time. It's extremely impressive, but also totally pointless.

Biathlon.

Yeah its weird.

Makes more sense when you learn it started as military training.

Not a lot more sense.
Nah that makes perfect sense. Those Scandinavians are probably amazing at that kind of stuff. Look at the numbers put up in the Winter War between the Soviets and Finland. I bet they live for that shit.

Synchronised swimming and synchronised diving. I find the swimming pretty boring too. It receives far too much TV coverage.

i hate all these x games in there now. keep that shit in the x games. i try not to ever watch hipsters do anything. i dont need them ruining the olympics.

Painting and poetry used to be Olympic sports.

Back