Welcome fight for Lyoto Machida in Bellator

I'm really excited about this. They said he could fight at LHW and MW, I'd like to see him try his hand at LHW again and see how it affects his performance.

Now that newly signed former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Lyoto Machida is now part of Bellator and has a victory over the Bellator Middleweight Champ Gegard Mousasi,

He should fight #1 contender at MW John Salter to determine who will fight the winner of Mousasi-MacDonald fight.
I would love that fight, still, there is a chance that Bellator can give him a easy fight....

It makes sense Machida will want to fight Mousasi and Bader since he beat them both already. And I am okay with that, but I'd like to see some new fights first also. Someone mentioned Frank Mir, that would actually be cool. King Mo is dropping to MW, that could work. I'll watch any Machida fight.

Give him someone he can front kick into bolivian I have no desire to see older Machida fight "hitters"

UFightCheap were too cheap to pay Machida to stay

Honestly, what is Machida really worth to the top org in the world? He isn't going forward any weight class at this point. In the UFC he would be used as stepping stone to see if the up and comers can hang with the top 10 of the division. In Bellator he can rewind the clock and be in thick of it for a title run.

The guy has ran his course two times over in the UFC. Shit, he had something like 25 fights for them.

P.S.: This is another perfect example of how the UFC gifts wrap an over the hill fighter to the comp that will cost big money for them and do little for ratings or butts in the seats at this point in his career.

machida vs kato
Came here to say Machida vs Carvalho but Lyoto Machida vs Bellator-Machida would be fucking fantastic.
34122461_212277252887513_519865109250572288_n.jpg

Last edited:
Machida beats Chael at any weight. Wanna see it.

Back