Welcome fight for Lyoto Machida in Bellator

How is he no longer an all time great? Because he signed with Bellator?

He is still an all time great, but he no longer IS great. He is old and how anyone could say he is still at the top of his game is just silly. He lost 3fights in a row and was finished in each. Then he barely squeaked out a split decision vs Anders. Bellator mostly signs spent fighters that have names. Rory and Mousasi are really the only exceptions.....and I LOVE Machida. But this ain’t the dude anymore.

Hoping for Shlemenko and Manhoef to start.

Bellator wil get one of those 2 options:

Him vs storm

Him vs manhoef

Both will probably be fireworks

The discarded option is probably him vs Carvalho

Wouldnt mind bader getting his chance at redemption or even an ortiz or sonner fight.

I'd rather him fight another aging vet. Tired of seeing my favorite fighters lose to guys they would have wrecked 5-7 years ago.

He is still an all time great, but he no longer IS great. He is old and how anyone could say he is still at the top of his game is just silly. He lost 3fights in a row and was finished in each. Then he barely squeaked out a split decision vs Anders. Bellator mostly signs spent fighters that have names. Rory and Mousasi are really the only exceptions.....and I LOVE Machida. But this ain’t the dude anymore.
No one cares what you think.

I wouldn't mind Lyoto giving Wanderlei a retirement gift (Steven Segal kick).

wand is fighting rampage so idk

Lovato would be a solid test. Also would put Lovato over in a major way if he got a win over Lyoto.

If not Lovato then Tokov would be a great welcome fight as well. Would love to see Tokov get over on Lyoto too.

Do you think I contradicted myself? Please explain.

Machida was the one doing the knocking-out, by the way. Not getting knocked out. That was Vitor. The guy Bellator haven't signed.
Why would a KO over a guy that shouldn’t be signed because he is way past his prime, be an example of a great KO? Machida barely beat Ayers and lost 3 in a row by finishes before that....This sign does nothing but add a known name. That’s Bellator M.O. An did until they get more Rory’s and Mousassis’ it’s 2nd rate.

Why would a KO over a guy that shouldn’t be signed because he is way past his prime, be an example of a great KO? Machida barely beat Ayers and lost 3 in a row by finishes before that....This sign does nothing but add a known name. That’s Bellator M.O. An did until they get more Rory’s and Mousassis’ it’s 2nd rate.

It's a KOTY candidate. That's a fact. Whether or not Vitor is shopworn is another matter - and of secondary importance - since Bellator didn't sign Vitor.

Machida's losing streak isn't relevant either since the UFC kept throwing him into main event after main event anyway, in the midst of that streak. Bellator are 2nd rate for following the "1st rate" UFC in a practice they were doing less than six months ago? Okay. You're not convincing anyone.

Dang, I was expecting 3 or so. Machida must be making that Anderson Silva money to sign for 6. I'm excited and hope he stays active. Hope he wins them all and retires 30-8.

Lyoto Shotokan Karate Master vs Kato Daido Juku Karate Master
Chinzo Machida vs Kikuto Kenpo/Kyokushin Master same care
Bellator Origins Card

put it on family day Lyoto and chinzo pitbull brothers Aj and his dad

Back