Welcome fight for Lyoto Machida in Bellator

He is still an all time great, but he no longer IS great. He is old and how anyone could say he is still at the top of his game is just silly. He lost 3fights in a row and was finished in each. Then he barely squeaked out a split decision vs Anders. Bellator mostly signs spent fighters that have names. Rory and Mousasi are really the only exceptions.....and I LOVE Machida. But this ain’t the dude anymore.

Rory and Mousasi are two that didn’t lose their motivation after leaving the ufc. But I would say Phil Davis would still be contender if he were in the ufc, prob bader too though I think Davis is more of a threat; Jake Shields was prob one of the 3 best wws when he left the UFC; and I would say the ufc cut Bendo and Michael McDonald too soon. They should have held on to them for a little bit longer

Already seen him against Bader, Davis, and Mousasi. Maybe Rory if Rory beats Mousasi or McGeary, barring if he can get a win.

Rory and Mousasi are two that didn’t lose their motivation after leaving the ufc. But I would say Phil Davis would still be contender if he were in the ufc, prob bader too though I think Davis is more of a threat; Jake Shields was prob one of the 3 best wws when he left the UFC; and I would say the ufc cut Bendo and Michael McDonald too soon. They should have held on to them for a little bit longer

Shields had lost 2 in a row (1 to Ellenburgger) and barely won split decisions in his next few. Then he lost to Fitch and Palahares, so I would say he was on decline. Phil Davis needed to be cut because he was a snooze fest. I agree with Bendo although, in hindsight it didn’t hurt UFC at all.

Shields had lost 2 in a row (1 to Ellenburgger) and barely won split decisions in his next few. Then he lost to Fitch and Palahares, so I would say he was on decline. Phil Davis needed to be cut because he was a snooze fest. I agree with Bendo although, in hindsight it didn’t hurt UFC at all.

Lol you mean when shields lost two in a row - Ellenburger and the other, which you didn’t mention, was GSP and then Shields went on to beat Woodley 2 or 3 fights later. And his loss vs rousimar was bullshit. Rousimar should have been dqd that fight from sticking his fingers in Jake’s eyes

Back