Welcome To Norway! The Land of Chlamydia

V-2

[ [ AT/GC ] ]
Banned
Reaction score
These are the folks Trump wanted to bring in, but of course that wouldn't happen because Norway's been crowned for best quality of life in the world for like a dozen years running and Nordic immigrants stopped coming to the North Midwest by the millions after the discovery of the North Sea petroleum reserves, but that's another story. Anyway, kind of fucked up for 7-11 to put Norge on blast like this.
s0208.gif

I'll still be back over there again later this Summer.

https://www.thelocal.no/20180621/land-of-chlamydia-provocative-ad-greets-tourists-to-norway/amp

b887778dbbd976fe4dd06960aa195449c2e6a48c1d3700aa783afbb77e47d378.jpg

An advertisement for condoms by convenience store 7-Eleven has irked Norway’s tourist board with its message about venereal disease.

“Welcome to Norway! The Land of Chlamydia”, pronounces the poster, which shows a young Norwegian couple dressed in the traditional bunad costume in front of a backdrop of snow-capped mountains and fjords. Visit Norway, the country’s tourist board, has hit out at the ad for depicting Norway in a negative light.

“This makes Norwegians seem like uncouth, lewd, sex-mad people,” Visit Norway marketing developer Stein Ove Rolland told Dagbladet. "This is not a good advert for Norway, and as a depiction of Norway and Norwegians it is a disaster,” he added.

The poster advertisement is currently displayed at Oslo Central Station, making it likely to be one of the first sights to greet tourists upon arrival in the Scandinavian country.

But Tore Holte Follestad, assistant manager with sexual health NGO Sex og samfunn (Sex and Society), praised the provocative ad. Follestad said that Norway’s own health authorities should run a similar campaign themselves.

“I think this conveys an important message in an unjudgmental way, and it will be noticed,” he told Dagbladet. The claim as to the prevalence of chlamydia in Norway made by the campaign is also an accurate one, he added.

Norway-Chlamydia-advert-1391505.jpg

I wonder if the two people on the photo know they posed for a chlamydia awareness campaign.

Norway's Tourism board might want to work harder on their slogans.

Its nice but a bit boring , probably boffing each other senseless just to kill the monotony .

I'd get chlamydia to hit that blonde

My MILF babe Sylvi Listhaug. Unfortunately, she's pretty hard line anti-Islam and was forced to resign from her post as Minister of Justice & Immigration earlier this year for inciting outrage with a Facebook post that spun the Norwegian government into a crisis.

512px-Sylvi_Listhaug_-_2014-02-13_at_18-49-18.jpg

This is how she's been portrayed, not without reason(s).

zeoq9E8.png

My MILF babe Sylvi Listhaug. Unfortunately, she's pretty hard line anti-Islam and was forced to resign from her post as Minister of Justice & Immigration earlier this year for inciting outrage with a Facebook post that spun the Norwegian government into a crisis.

512px-Sylvi_Listhaug_-_2014-02-13_at_18-49-18.jpg

This is how she's been portrayed, not without reason(s).

zeoq9E8.png
Would wife

You know your country is awesome when clamydia is considered one of your big problems-- as opposed to having 30 million people without basic healthcare and the highest infant mortality and homicide rates in the developed world.

You know your country is awesome when clamydia is considered one of your big problems-- as opposed to having 30 million people without basic healthcare and the highest infant mortality and homicide rates in the developed world.

Social Democracy plus an abundance of natural resources and a $1+ trillion sovereign wealth fund for a nation of 5.2 million citizens is Win, Win, Win. Not to mention the landscape is drop-dead fucking gorgeous. They were already moving in the right direction post-WW2 but the wealth generated from the North Sea oil jackpot put it into overdrive and it's more or less why Norwegians stopped emigrating, and won't.

Social Democracy plus an abundance of natural resources and a $1+ trillion sovereign wealth fund for a nation of 5.2 million citizens is Win, Win, Win. Not to mention the landscape is drop-dead fucking gorgeous. They were already moving in the right direction post-WW2 but the wealth generated from the North Sea oil jackpot put it into overdrive and it's more or less why Norwegians stopped emigrating, and won't.

Now if only they would do something about the damn beer prices :)

Aint this how Christianity really started?

@luckyshot I've spoken at length about it before and fairly recently, but about the closest thing you'll get to that in 'Murica on a microscale is my home state of North Dakota.

It's cold as fuck, has immense petroleum resources, a state-owned bank (the only of 50 states), a sovereign wealth fund, is pushing large scale prison reform and was picked by US News to have the best quality of life in the country. Unsurprisingly, it's also got by far the largest concentration of Norwegian immigrant descendants per capita of any state. You couldn't make that shit up.

I've worked with Norwegians (contractors) and they are some of the best people I've ever met. They take their work seriously but know how to have fun. There's a month (think it's in July) when the whole country more or less shuts down for vacation. That's fuckin' awesome IMO...

@luckyshot I've spoken at length about it before and fairly recently, but about the closest thing you'll get to that in 'Murica on a microscale is my home state of North Dakota.

It's cold as fuck, has immense petroleum resources, a state-owned bank (the only of 50 states), a sovereign wealth fund, is pushing large scale prison reform and was picked by US News to have the best quality of life in the country. Unsurprisingly, it's also got by far the largest concentration of Norwegian immigrant descendants per capita of any state. You couldn't make that shit up.
Maybe as a proportion of state residents, but numerically Minnesota has roughly 4 times more Norwegian Americans than North Dakota. That’s not even including Swedes and Danes.

Back