Welcome To Norway! The Land of Chlamydia

About the closest thing you'll get to that in 'Murica on a microscale is my home state of North Dakota.

It's cold as fuck, has immense petroleum resources, a state-owned bank (the only of 50 states), a sovereign wealth fund, is pushing large scale prison reform and was picked by US News to have the best quality of life in the country. Unsurprisingly, it's also got by far the largest concentration of Norwegian immigrant descendants per capita of any state. You couldn't make that shit up.

Maybe as a proportion of state residents, but numerically Minnesota has roughly 4 times more Norwegian Americans than North Dakota. That’s not even including Swedes and Danes.

Yea, more total people in Minnie and the Dakotas are attached to it in a lot of ways like little brothers as a particular niche of the United States (we're mostly all Viking fans) but a larger percentage of the population means larger authorship of state legislation and sub-culture, which is probably why Norsk Høstfest and Scandinavian Heritage Park are also both based in NoDak.

A cool little map detailing percentage of county population.

C17MapsNLCAUnite17.png

A cool little map detailing percentage of county population.

C17MapsNLCAUnite17.png
That’s pretty neat, it certainly makes sense that Northern MN and ND would have the most. A little surprised by SoCal though.

That’s pretty neat, it certainly makes sense that Northern MN and ND would have the most. A little surprised by SoCal though.

Yea, and I imagine that's on the low end of what is already the 1-5% range.
s0208.gif
The dispersal is very limited.

Fish around a lot Norwegians. They have a foothold in Alaska, Petersburg is called the the little Norway. It's totally run by Norwegians and they let you know it's how the rest of the world should be. I've heard it's hard to get a fishing job if your last name isn't Hendrickson or something.
The word is that during Norwegian day they give hair cuts for $4, $1 a side and a free serving of lutefisk.

If Norway has a chlamydia problem, then they should be promoting restraint, monogamy and chastity.

800px-Satellite_image_of_Norway_in_February_2003.jpg

I think I would only visit in summer..... Here fishie, fishie....

Summer_evening_at_Lovatnet%2C_Stryn%2C_Norway%2C_2013_June_-_3.jpg

Back