Well promoted compelling title fight , low buzz with casuals!

This fight card has the same amount of buzz jon jones vs cormier 2 had & that event did 800k ppv buys, i think this event does minimum 600k. This obviously won't get the buzz a Mcgregor event does but it has been getting publicity for sure, you probably don't watch espn or follow mma close enough to notice though.
tv commercials and promoting the fight as been a plus but the foot traffic is very low. not even close the the amount of buzz JJ and Cormier 2 has in terms of buzz of actual casuals ..

Where's your proof that it has no buzz with the casuals? Did you go out and conduct a questionnaire with them? If not, STFU.
As stated before I own several bars and not getting the same buzz from customers the causal ones

A rush job by Dana White to get the championship belt around the waist of Ngannou. He thinks he has Tyson like potential. Just imagine the melt down he would have if Stipe smokes him in the first round. Sort of like Cain vs JDS 1.
lol the face alone he would make

I own several bars and this fight is not getting the traffic it deserves .This is a great heavywieght fight and was promoted well not sure what the disconnect is with the casuals

I regularly visit sports bars in my area and I have not felt any buzz. Ironically there was buzz for UFC 219 but not this one. The UFC used the firefighter angle for Stipe this time to no avail. We will have to see, but we may have to face it that Stipe is not a draw.

I regularly visit sports bars in my area and I have not felt any buzz. Ironically there was buzz for UFC 219 but not this one. The UFC used the firefighter angle for Stipe this time to no avail. We will have to see, but we may have to face it that Stipe is not a draw.
I am thinking the same but Francis should have helped as well as DC

Stipe is a nice guy but not very charismatic. Ngannou before the Alistair fight was still under the radar. And they didn't have much time to promote/hype this fight. They usually need a polarizing figure like Conor/Jones to be able to create some hype. Same problem with Cormier/Volkan match up. Volkan is still relatively unknown to the casuals.

What's going on this is by far one of the best heavyweight fights in the ufc and was promoted heavily with exciting footage yet not getting the buzz with casuals

Its a good fight, but for some reason i cant get excited as much as i did for like tj vs cody or. Khabib vs edson. Maybe i might get excited when both men are in the octagon?

Its a good fight, but for some reason i cant get excited as much as i did for like tj vs cody or. Khabib vs edson. Maybe i might get excited when both men are in the octagon?
For sure come fight time it's going be nuts

I own several bars and this fight is not getting the traffic it deserves .This is a great heavywieght fight and was promoted well not sure what the disconnect is with the casuals
Well that's a fairly small sample size you're using so it's anecdotal. I'll see what kind of numbers it does before I pass judgement. I know a lot of guys at work are talking about that black guy that punches really hard fighting tomorrow but that's also anecdotal on my part.

Well that's a fairly small sample size you're using so it's anecdotal. I'll see what kind of numbers it does before I pass judgement. I know a lot of guys at work are talking about that black guy that punches really hard fighting tomorrow but that's also anecdotal on my part.
You have a point all my evidence is from just southern California , maybe in other parts there is buzz

TJ also little buzz from the Americans who come over

What's going on this is by far one of the best heavyweight fights in the ufc and was promoted heavily with exciting footage yet not getting the buzz with casuals

Casuals are sh*t, they're the reasons we have these Conor problems

how do u know its not getting the buzz with casuals?

Too soon for both challengers (build-up wise). Ngannou has only 2 marquee fights and Volkan, none. Not to mention neither are particularly charismatic, or even fluent for that matter.

Back