Werdum: "Fedor for me is the best of all time. I think he wins this (Bellator Zournament)"

Don't think that win could get any bigger.

It can, though. It's (to me) the biggest upset/win of all time, but seeing that Fedor has declined that he has, there's certainly something to gain by saying that Fedor is still, to this day, a great fighter. And not just some overhyped dude.

I’m surprised Werdum thinks he’s going to win the tourney with how he’s performing lately.

It’s been a slow, downward spiral since he faced Arlovski. In boxing, small explosive guys like Tyson simply don’t age well because they rely heavily on their athleticism to overcome larger opponents. I think Fedor is in a similar boat and the fact that his trainer blurted out that he only defeated Arlovski by using “old tricks”, doesn’t help his cause.

All you people who thought Fedor was in his prime vs Doom should look at a picture of kettle bell Fedor and then look at his stare down gif.

Well he IS the HW GOAT, and partially because he easily beat Fedor in his prime. Deal with the fact.

I don't think so loool... He's great but yeah there's no way he's the best ever. At no point has Werdum been seen as an unstoppable force like Jones, Silva, GSP and Fedor.

Stipe is also not really that good, I'm shocked he's had such a good run. People only currently think so much of him because he's champion. Wait until he loses and then everyone's opinion of him will change FAST.

Your favourite fighter´s favourite fighter.

the_last_emporer__fedor_emelianenko__sketch_card__by_therealbradu-d54r82p.jpg

Fedor is the GOAT but the current version isn't going to win the tournament.
Agreed - He was GOAT in his prime - and that was more than 10 years ago. MMA didn't evolve that much, but Fedor aged a lot worse than many other fighters.
Then again.... it's worse than that. It's his fight IQ that took a huge tumble even at a time when he still had all his other skills in top shape. His fight IQ crumbled first, then his other skills took a plunge as well, along with his recovery from getting punched.

That would be cool if they hadn't of fought. Even if Werdum lost, being the guy to beat Fedor then saying it sounds more like he's boasting about himself in a backhanded way.

Saying a fighter is the GOAT and he beat you is one thing . If you beat him, essentially you're saying you're the GOAT

Brendan Schaub once said that none of the guys who knocked him out actually hit that hard, and that Lavar Johnson hit the hardest of anyone he faced....of course Schaub beat Lavar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back