International West Europe is in a World of troubles (debt; graph included)

Do you have a house? If you do i doubt you paid straight cash for it so you probably owe thus your in debt. Not credit card debt but debt none the less.

My house is paid off and I have. I credit card debt. It’s awesome.

Here's a question for the financial experts in the WR:

During times when borrowing money is dirt cheap, would it be wise to do so in order to broaden your ability to take advantage of sound investments?

so you don't support free trade capitalism anymore?
<Oku02>

:confused:

Have I ever been some huge advocate of it or something? China has more than surrendered their privilege. The policy is all but PRC specific for a reason: You know, all those state directed activities in contravention to the international free trade agreements they signed that undercut my country's output, competitiveness, investment, research, development, innovation and strategic domestically spawned industries that are invaluable sources of high wage employment, global exports, sustained economic growth and national security? As found by virtually every bipartisan commission and panel ever assembled? "Free Trade".

<Oku02>

EU external debt is @130% of their GDP.

me. 0 debt. has always been like that.

Very nice. I made it pretty far without any debt, but there wasn't a snowflake's chance in hell I was going to pay for graduate school and get a doctorate without taking a loan.

Is choking off foreign "investment" in the US a bad thing?

The goal of investment restrictions is to prevent Chinese companies from copying or stealing American ideas and technologies. Chinese companies can buy American companies and transfer their intellectual property overseas, or have their employees train their Chinese replacements. Even minority stakes can allow a Chinese investor access to industrial secrets that would otherwise be off-limits.

Uh, no.

Going forward, it should be done in every last instance indefinitely.

Notably, the European Union is also moving to restrict Chinese investments. The fact that Europe, which has opposed Trump’s tariffs, is copying American investment restrictions, should be a signal that the less-publicized high-tech trade war is actually the important one.

This is an interesting argument that I might be starting to turn around on (An cap here).

It is plain obvious that the current (pre-Trump) policy of open borders and moving the production to other countries is a DISASTROUS IDEA in the long run for the USA.
Know-how is the most important thing and countries like China (who have billions and billions of workers) can take a great advantage of moving of know-how.
Traditional economics that say it's better to move production because of the lower cost of labour is just plain wrong for this very reason.
Not to mention that lower labour costs mean worse quality.
And quality is very important in a ever increasing GDPs.

This is an interesting argument that I might be starting to turn around on (An cap here).

It is plain obvious that the current (pre-Trump) policy of open borders and moving the production to other countries is a DISASTROUS IDEA in the long run for the USA.
Know-how is the most important thing and countries like China (who have billions and billions of workers) can take a great advantage of moving of know-how.
Traditional economics that say it's better to move production because of the lower cost of labour is just plain wrong for this very reason.

The export controls and foreign investment restrictions are mostly to do with the semiconductor industry (and to a lesser extent, aerospace) which is under relentless attack through cybertheft and industrial espionage. It has always maintained the majority of its production stateside, less than 3% of all US headquartered semiconductor firm fabrication manufacturing is in China.

image.png

image.png

R1.png

R2.png

For example, an IDM like Intel - which holds over 90% of both the global pc and data server microprocessor markets - has built currently operating US factories in 1996, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2013 and 2017 with a recent $7 billion capital investment for another in 2021 (the third in my metro area alone). I'm not sure how much regulations really matter when you construct LEED certified facilities that recycle over 90% of their solid waste. The same trend holds for a global leader in the analog semiconductor segment such as Texas Instruments.

The biggest reason it ever goes anywhere is because a lot of companies - Qualcomm, AMD, Nvidia, Marvell - are fabless which allows them more breathing room to focus strictly on IC design engineering and the biggest pure play foundries (no in-house design capabilities) are in geopolitically friendly countries such as Taiwan and Singapore.

As far as 'production' on the whole, Industry 4.0 is being driven by a massive volume of available data, developments in analytics and machine learning, new forms of human-machine interaction and the ability to transmit digital instructions to the physical world but it also uses predictive capabilities to generate value and create more efficient logistics to handle materials throughout the supply chain. It's actually creating more jobs than are being eliminated, more jobs than we'll likely even be able to fill over the next 10 years.

Why devalue your currency and force pay cuts when you can just develop technologies and innovate new processes that lower the total cost of production instead? Haha, because that's extremely difficult and requires real ingenuity but it's kind of what the fuck 'Murica does.

HandyClearcutBedbug-size_restricted.gif

Cheap slut bitch cunts.

As for the report that landed on Obama's desk the month he was leaving office, continuing to innovate clearly isn't "the only way" - just the fair, competitive and morally correct way. The proper way to conduct global commercial business that nobody else seems to have a fucking problem with aside from China. So far, the US has only banned the export of critical advanced materials, components and machinery to Chinese firms that have been officially charged with the theft of intellectual property and trade secrets.

Huawei is just as dependent on US chips as ZTE (which should've never been let off the hook), China's other two "national champions" of the domestic semiconductor industry it has failed to spawn for three decades running would be folded like a lawn chair just as quickly as Fujian Jinhua which conspired to steal $9 billion worth of IP from Micron, the only major US player in the DRAM market dominated by South Korean mega corporation Samsung and SK Hynix (75%+).

...and China owns the U.S. debt. Europe is really falling apart in so many ways. The influx of immigrants, the military, and the European Union. Not sure Germany and France will recover itself to its 'glory' days.
Not sure Germany and France will even just return to be Germany and France lol
Actually, sure they will not

So, Western Europe. Are you alright, hun?

China, obviously, Japan, ok

Ireland and Brazil??? The fuck?

There's an enormous drop off after China and Japan which both hold a little over $1 trillion each in US Treasury securities, the difference between them is negligible. Ireland and Brazil are part of a group that includes the United Kingdom, Luxembourg, Cayman Islands, Belgium, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan and India with between $145-315 billion each.

The "welfare state" model is pretty burdensome (especially when unnecessarily burdened) and, alongside the EU's restrictive, bureaucracy-ridden market, stifles the economy.

Some of the ex-USSR states actually have a stronger foothold in the sense that they're not burdened by debt or gained privileges.

It's a snowball's chance in hell in any European country to change the system. Even the politicians acknowledge that they just have to deal with it, even if the capacity to sustain welfare without amassing massive debt, is no longer there, and hasn't been for decades. Growth is pretty minimal and usually followed by a long slump.

Mixing nationalist sentiment alongside economic austerity, is one of the better alternatives, as far as I'm concerned. If the people come to understand that a more rigid economic policy, in place of excess spending, is actually in their own good, then there's atleast a chance that these sort of changes can be accomplished. Because they will have to be accomplished, eventually, for Europe's nations to survive as sovereign and independent entities.

Such a world does not exist, where you can be fed by another, and still retain your sovereignty. Either we acknowledge that we can no longer handle our own affairs, or make the changes that are necessary to retain independent control. This whole phase of drifting between the two alternatives, acting as if dependence and independence can co-exist, will not last forever.

Last edited:
it's about to get a helluva lot worse when turkey defaults on it's balloon debt payments to France, Spain, and Germany

The export controls and foreign investment restrictions are mostly to do with the semiconductor industry (and to a lesser extent, aerospace) which is under relentless attack through cybertheft and industrial espionage. It has always maintained the majority of its production stateside, less than 3% of all US headquartered semiconductor firm fabrication manufacturing is in China.

image.png

image.png

R1.png

R2.png

For example, an IDM like Intel - which holds over 90% of both the global pc and data server microprocessor markets - has built currently operating US factories in 1996, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2013 and 2017 with a recent $7 billion capital investment for another in 2021 (the third in my metro area alone). I'm not sure how much regulations really matter when you construct LEED certified facilities that recycle over 90% of their solid waste. The same trend holds for a global leader in the analog semiconductor segment such as Texas Instruments.

The biggest reason it ever goes anywhere is because a lot of companies - Qualcomm, AMD, Nvidia, Marvell - are fabless which allows them more breathing room to focus strictly on IC design engineering and the biggest pure play foundries (no in-house design capabilities) are in geopolitically friendly countries such as Taiwan and Singapore.

As far as 'production' on the whole, Industry 4.0 is being driven by a massive volume of available data, developments in analytics and machine learning, new forms of human-machine interaction and the ability to transmit digital instructions to the physical world but it also uses predictive capabilities to generate value and create more efficient logistics to handle materials throughout the supply chain. It's actually creating more jobs than are being eliminated, more jobs than we'll likely even be able to fill over the next 10 years.

Why devalue your currency and force pay cuts when you can just develop technologies and innovate new processes that lower the total cost of production instead? Haha, because that's extremely difficult and requires real ingenuity but it's kind of what the fuck 'Murica does.

HandyClearcutBedbug-size_restricted.gif

Cheap slut bitch cunts.

http://www.themanufacturinginstitute.org/News-Articles/2018/11/14-Skills-Gap-Report.aspx

“Manufacturers in the United States are experiencing some of the highest levels of growth we’ve seen in decades, yet the industry seems unable to keep up with the resulting rebound in job growth,” said Paul Wellener, vice chairman, Deloitte LLP, and U.S. industrial products and construction leader. “With nearly 2 million vacant new jobs expected by 2028, compounded by 2.69 million vacancies from retiring workers, the number of open positions could be greater than ever and might pose not only a major challenge for manufacturers but may threaten the vitality of the industry and our economy.”

Hmm, also:

The US Just Became A Net Oil Exporter For The First Time In 75 Years

Ireland is fucked beyond repair. Over $212 Billion in debt [€50B of which is due in a couple of years] and Varadkar wants to spend Billions on "New Irish." No wonder the Govt and RTE want to keep this quiet. There would be riots in the streets.

http://www.themanufacturinginstitute.org/News-Articles/2018/11/14-Skills-Gap-Report.aspx

“Manufacturers in the United States are experiencing some of the highest levels of growth we’ve seen in decades, yet the industry seems unable to keep up with the resulting rebound in job growth,” said Paul Wellener, vice chairman, Deloitte LLP, and U.S. industrial products and construction leader. “With nearly 2 million vacant new jobs expected by 2028, compounded by 2.69 million vacancies from retiring workers, the number of open positions could be greater than ever and might pose not only a major challenge for manufacturers but may threaten the vitality of the industry and our economy.”

Hmm, also:

The US Just Became A Net Oil Exporter For The First Time In 75 Years

I can come to help if you take me. ))

Ireland is fucked beyond repair. Over $212 Billion in debt [€50B of which is due in a couple of years] and Varadkar wants to spend Billions on "New Irish." No wonder the Govt and RTE want to keep this quiet. There would be riots in the streets.

It's the same plan for EVERY EU country.

More migrants = higher prices = higher rent = debt = FOOK UP

Back