Western Film THE SISTERS BROTHERS Starring Joaquin Phoenix, John C. Reilly, Jake Gyllenhaal

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
THE SISTERS BROTHERS Trailer Starring Joaquin Phoenix, John C. Reilly, Jake Gyllenhaal

Based on Patrick Dewitt’s acclaimed novel of the same name, The Sisters Brothers follows two brothers – Eli and Charlie Sisters – who are hired to kill a prospector who has stolen from their boss. The story, a genre-hybrid with comedic elements, takes place in Oregon in 1851.

Nice. Sounds interesting.

This comes out tomorrow I think, has good reviews.. anyone seen it yet?

Solid flick! Not a whole lot of action, but a good story with good performances.

edit: it’s on Netflix in Canada

Awesome movie, I loved it. John C. Reilly is a national treasure.

Yeah watched this maybe a month ago, great anti western.

I loved it.

Tried to watch this like a month ago. I feel alseep. <{1-10}>

Awesome movie, I loved it. John C. Reilly is a national treasure.

Loved him snce third rock from the sun. The guy is an amazing actor. I like it when he plays villians the most.

Last edited:
The book was pretty good.
As always, it will be interesting to see how the movie compares to what I envisioned. @Oeshon he is definitely morally challenged, but villain is a stretch if they follow the book at all.

The book was pretty good.
As always, it will be interesting to see how the movie compares to what I envisioned. @Oeshon he is definitely morally challenged, but villain is a stretch if they follow the book at all.

I haven't watched the movie, I just mean the actor in previous roles. He's known for comedy, but he's great as a villain

Didn't love it. Found it a little boring.

Hostiles and Bone Tomahawk better.

Setting out to murder somebody,
only a comedy in the depraved west :rolleyes:

Love this & Buster Scruggs, good boozin flicks.
Joaquin u can empathize with a lil bit, but what a fuckin nunce antihero.

The-Sisters-Brothers-Drinking-Game.gif

Last edited:
Loved him snce third rock from the sun. The guy is an amazing actor. I like it when he plays villians the most.

Wrong John my friend. You're thinking about John Lithgow. John C Reilley is the one from Step Brothers.

Back