WESTWORLD Season 2

The last episode I saw was where they first introduced samurai world. I'll probably just wait til the season is over and binge the rest of it.

Pretty sure Battle Of The Bastards is the best action scene in TV show history. Makes your point kind of invalid
The Sapochnik directed episodes are the one exception. Do you remember the battles before he blessed the show with his talents? They basically just showed the aftermath.

The Sapochnik directed episodes are the one exception. Do you remember the battles before he blessed the show with his talents? They basically just showed the aftermath.

Wasn't that because of budgetary restraints? They may/would have struggled to do a proper war justice.

Wasn't that because of budgetary restraints? They may/would have struggled to do a proper war justice.
Yes, but even with a bigger budget, their other directors wouldn't do justice to battle scenes. And that's perfectly fine if their specialty is exposition and dialogue.

What about Band Of Brothers. Tons of good battle scenes. Then there is also the ghetto escape scene from True Detective. I don't think other networks have done much better

What about Band Of Brothers. Tons of good battle scenes. Then there is also the ghetto escape scene from True Detective. I don't think other networks have done much better
both good but rare examples, but I wouldnt call that TD scene a battle but rather an exercise in ingenious camerawork. And BoB was basically a long movie produced by Spielberg.

both good but rare examples, but I wouldnt call that TD scene a battle but rather an exercise in ingenious camerawork. And BoB was basically a long movie produced by Spielberg.

DIdn't call that TD scene a battle scene but it certainly was an action scene

I have been liking the show for most of the season, but I was bored to tears with that last episode.
Yes, it was a beautiful episode, but why am I all of a sudden supposed to care about this Indian dude? And while that guy is a fine actor (ive seen him in plenty of other stuff) they should have had someone with more charisma in that role. I just could not care about him, or his love--especially at this point of the season, they needed someone else that could have really grabbed my attention. That guy just doesn't have a lot of stage presence. Should have put Khal Drago up in that piece.

And im usually fine with watching foreign films, but I got annoyed very quickly with how much I had to read with all the subtitles in this episode. Felt like 90% of the episode was in Cherokee.

The worst part was that by the end the audience had been given very little new information.

We know that the robots are becoming conscious. We don't need to hear the full story from the perspective of every peon.

Reminds me of when Hannibal became so infatuated with the success of its second season (which was magnificant, to be fair) that it took half of the next for anything new to happen. And then the entire Red Dragon plot had to be awkwardly stuffed into the second half.

Last edited:
Pretty much all the action scenes have been laughable at best. The guy getting tricked by the sexy robot? Whoever thought of that should immediately be taken out back and shot.
dont agree that all the action scenes were terrible, but yes, that scene was so retarded it made me cringe. could have been done in a much simpler, and more believable way for sure.

dont agree that all the action scenes were terrible, but yes, that scene was so retarded it made me cringe. could have been done in a much simpler, and more believable way for sure.

I might have been exaggerating with all of them but most of them. I did not like the last episode the Indian story was to boring.

Do you have ADD? I thought this episode was captivating. Season 2 hasn't been as good as season one, but this was a great standalone episode.

Good for you.. i care about Ford.. MIB.. Charlotte etc.. Not sure why i am supposed to care all of a sudden about this indian guy.

Killed the momentum from the previous episodes.. like i said outside the last 10 mins and a few reveals here and there it didn't captivate at all

I finally caught up on the last two episodes. I've been bitching a lot about this season, but I thought those episodes were great, especially the Indian themed episode. It was refreshing to see an aware host from that perspective, and the story telling felt way more smoother and straight forward than it has been. I especially liked where he met Ford, that was truly some meeting your maker shit.

I'm watching to catch up. On episode six.

Huge difference from season 1. Too many things going on in tons of different directions.

I did enjoy Shogun World though. Pretty cool to see the dude from Last Samarai in it.

I finally caught up on the last two episodes. I've been bitching a lot about this season, but I thought those episodes were great, especially the Indian themed episode. It was refreshing to see an aware host from that perspective, and the story telling felt way more smoother and straight forward than it has been. I especially liked where he met Ford, that was truly some meeting your maker shit.
I thought that was one of the best episodes of season 2.

I thought that was one of the best episodes of season 2.
Yeah, I finally got around to it last night.

Best episode of the season, easily. They should dispense with all the overly convoluted literary devices more often. A bit more linear storytelling could do this show a lot of good.

Yawn. Maybe it’s time to end the series after next weeks finale.

Selma Ward and Hopkins were the only good thing this episode. Evan Rachel Wood needs acting lessons

I don't get all the bitching really. This is the best show that is currently running next to Handmaids Tale

this season has been so uninteresting I haven't even watched the new episode I had no desire to watch it Sunday. I'm done with the show for good now.

Back