Wet Shavers Of Mayberry v2.0

I just put in an order at west coast shaving. Hope they get here today. Got some aftershaves, colognes and a few soaps.

And once again, i forgot to buy mitchells soap. Son of a!

I got my order today.

Tabac cologne- awesome scent!
Cap's choice sandalwood after shave- superb sandalwood scent (probably the best sandalwood scent for an aftershave).
Col. Conk amber aftershave- very nice fresh scent
Col. Conk bay rum aftershave- scents a bit strong but seems to get a bit better as it fades.
Cella shaving soap- what a great almond scent this one has. Can't wait to shave with it.

I used Cella for awhile. I found that I have a mild allergy to it. It would make my face mildly burn for a few hours. It is a good performing soap.

I got a Speick shaving stick and it performs really well, and the smell is unique. I'm thinking of making a trip to the Martin de Candre factory in France in the next couple of years to get what some call the best shaving soap, but I don't want to go to deeply down the shaving rabbit hole, especially considering I have enough soap and creams for 3-4 years.

Update,

Tried my first de shaving tonight, totally different than a cartridge shave, you have to take your time and work your angles in order to be proficient.

Also, lathering isn't as easy as it looks, you have to get the mix right.

Had a great time, can't wait to try it again

I'm getting the hang of this, and I'm getting better at lathering.

Definitely the way of doing this, I might jump into a green prorasso soap, the wife isn't crazy about the red one

I have a baby face and a terrible, patchy beard so I use a Phillis Norelco beard trimmer to keep everything down to stubble length. Looks best on me. I haven't been clean shaven in years.

There are these really cheap Merkur Futur clones on ali express, for about $6. I ordered one and received it in the mail; I have heard great things about them though.

I've had a few straight razor shaves by a barber the past few months. She does pretty good, but always leaves tiny patches under my nostrils that I have to fix. Other than that, baby smooth. Last week I had her do my entire head. Felt great.

Bump for people reading the shitty shaving advice thread in the 'Berry.

I've had a few straight razor shaves by a barber the past few months. She does pretty good, but always leaves tiny patches under my nostrils that I have to fix. Other than that, baby smooth. Last week I had her do my entire head. Felt great.

I got spoiled and went to a good barber twice a week for like a year. Something relaxing about having a good hot towel shave.

But I'm back to penny pinching!

Bump for people reading the shitty shaving advice thread in the 'Berry.

I got spoiled and went to a good barber twice a week for like a year. Something relaxing about having a good hot towel shave.

But I'm back to penny pinching!
I go once every two weeks.

However, today I put a new blade in my razor, and it sucked. so many left over hairs. switched to a different blade in my merkur slant blade. great shave.

moral of the story: not all blades are great, even by the same company.

I go once every two weeks.

However, today I put a new blade in my razor, and it sucked. so many left over hairs. switched to a different blade in my merkur slant blade. great shave.

moral of the story: not all blades are great, even by the same company.

I'm working my way through Astras and every once in a while, I get a dud blade.

I have to wet shave, even with a beard trimmer.

a need a shit load of of water and a shit load of cream. If not...the razor just doesnt cut my hair. too thick I guess? Really sucks, cause I can never get a quick shave in, I have to be meticulous as to not either cut myself or take forever to shave

I can highly recommend Valobra soap. I got their menthol soft soap, and it produces a great lather.

How about a bit of a necro?

I ran through my tube of Proraso a while back and switched to the canned stuff for easier shaving in the shower. As long as you wet it well enough, it works wonderfully and still has that scent you love.

I ordered some Feather razors. Never having used them before, I'm excited for them to show up tomorrow.

I use an electric razor with a 3mm cover. Cost me $50 on sale from $80 like 3 years ago and never looked back. So much money saved

I use an electric razor with a 3mm cover. Cost me $50 on sale from $80 like 3 years ago and never looked back. So much money saved

This probably isn't the thread for you, haha.

This probably isn't the thread for you, haha.
You shaving off your beard?

I've been using a dovo shavette for a while now. Just shaving the cheek and neck lines now. I keep the rest of my beard trim with a 1.5mm guard.

You shaving off your beard?

I've been using a dovo shavette for a while now. Just shaving the cheek and neck lines now. I keep the rest of my beard trim with a 1.5mm guard.

Nah, beard stays on. Still using my Merkur to shave my head though. Thinking about picking up the Viking Chieftain though. Good reviews and seems a little more stable (according to reviews) for head shaving.

Since I don't have an elaborate mirror set up for head shaving, I'm taking baby steps in regards to the aggressiveness of razors.

Back