Wet Shavers Of Mayberry v2.0

I have a Gillette razor worth around $15 lol. It isn't anything fancy, but it works. But I can never shave 100% smoothly. Always have small bristles of hair on my neck.

2 years since I started wet shaving.

As everything, the more you do it, the easier it gets.

Last purchase was a Stirling soap, called esquimo tuxedo, very high on menthol, leaves the face feeling fresh for a good while, love it. I've been considering a new soap, one will leather/gunpowder/petrol smell, but I still have to research for it, wife isn't totally convinced of the "old man smell" of my current soaps (esquimo tuxedo and proraso red).

My boar brush has been shedding some hairs, but I think I can still get some life out of it, been thinking to upgrade for a Stirling brush, I've read that has a lot of quality for a fair price.

@MMA since 1993 did you got the razors that you needed to complete your collection? Also, post some pics of your turned brushes, I remember them being awesome.

2 years since I started wet shaving.

As everything, the more you do it, the easier it gets.

Last purchase was a Stirling soap, called esquimo tuxedo, very high on menthol, leaves the face feeling fresh for a good while, love it. I've been considering a new soap, one will leather/gunpowder/petrol smell, but I still have to research for it, wife isn't totally convinced of the "old man smell" of my current soaps (esquimo tuxedo and proraso red).

My boar brush has been shedding some hairs, but I think I can still get some life out of it, been thinking to upgrade for a Stirling brush, I've read that has a lot of quality for a fair price.

@MMA since 1993 did you got the razors that you needed to complete your collection? Also, post some pics of your turned brushes, I remember them being awesome.
Stirling soap is amazing from what i read. I have to finish at least two or three soaps/creams before i buy some more though.

Nah man, i still haven't found the gillette double ring. We took a mini trip to Austin last weekend, and hit up a bunch of antique shops. I found a near mint condition open comb in it's case. But not the one i've been looking for. I did see a few more that i already have, i usually leave them for the next guy. I don't want to be greedy (unless the razor is is pristine condition, and those are rare).

These were the last ones i made by hand (all sold now).
brazilian rosewood and silvertip knot
JQI65Ubh.jpg

cherrywood with a black badger knot
qKkQEK4h.jpg

This one i made for a fellow sherbro:

cherrywood with a silvertip badger knot, the stand is osage orange.
grlMeZ9h.jpg

SF8Dl8ah.jpg

l0XQebUh.jpg

Stirling soap is amazing from what i read. I have to finish at least two or three soaps/creams before i buy some more though.

Nah man, i still haven't found the gillette double ring. We took a mini trip to Austin last weekend, and hit up a bunch of antique shops. I found a near mint condition open comb in it's case. But not the one i've been looking for. I did see a few more that i already have, i usually leave them for the next guy. I don't want to be greedy (unless the razor is is pristine condition, and those are rare).

These were the last ones i made by hand (all sold now).
brazilian rosewood and silvertip knot
JQI65Ubh.jpg

cherrywood with a black badger knot
qKkQEK4h.jpg

This one i made for a fellow sherbro:

cherrywood with a silvertip badger knot, the stand is osage orange.
grlMeZ9h.jpg

SF8Dl8ah.jpg

l0XQebUh.jpg
Beautiful work!

I hope you find the razors you're looking for soon enough

Beautiful work!

I hope you find the razors you're looking for soon enough
Thanks man. I hope so, been wanting that razor for about 5yrs now. They have them on ebay, but i'm not paying over $100 for it. I've slowly found the ones i want.

this is what it looks like, silver plated.
1903%20Double%20Ring%20PAT.AP.FOR.JPG

Thanks man. I hope so, been wanting that razor for about 5yrs now. They have them on ebay, but i'm not paying over $100 for it. I've slowly found the ones i want.

this is what it looks like, silver plated.
1903%20Double%20Ring%20PAT.AP.FOR.JPG
The chase is better than the catch, are you looking for a full kit? With boxes and everything?

The chase is better than the catch, are you looking for a full kit? With boxes and everything?
it would be nice with the box, but if it's just the razor i would gladly take it.

Man, a few years ago i saw the box (different style box) in a shop and i wanted to get it. But it didn't have the razor in it, and was also a bit tore up. I probably could have restored it, but oh well, you live and learn.

And thank you. I have a lathe now, so turning out handles is just a matter of hours instead of days.

it would be nice with the box, but if it's just the razor i would gladly take it.

Man, a few years ago i saw the box (different style box) in a shop and i wanted to get it. But it didn't have the razor in it, and was also a bit tore up. I probably could have restored it, but oh well, you live and learn.

And thank you. I have a lathe now, so turning out handles is just a matter of hours instead of days.

The correct machinery makes all the difference, you can enjoy the building instead of dreading the sanding, lol

Black Friday is coming up......There are going to be some sales. That's the only time I try to buy, outside of clearance for year end.

Maybe we could turn this into a thread showing off sites that have good sales on products that are at a good value when the sales start?

Back