What’s the thinking behind Barboza fighting another wrestler in Kevin Lee?

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It feels like yesterday Khabib destroyed Edson on the ground.

And now he is fighting another wrestler. He must be thrilled.

Who’s the matchmaker for LW and why this fight?

Edson’s been around forever, they use him to make name for new contender

1. Lee does not come close to Khabib in his grappling pedigree. If he takes Barboza down he will get back up because he doesn't have the skills to keep him down.

2. He wrestles with Frankie and Eddie on a regular basis.

3. Lee has a weak chin.

Therefore, Barboza by UD.

I really hope this isn't the case with this fight.
I get being a Barboza fan but we really need our breakout star in the Asian market, I'm behind Lee all the way.

Great China FTW! Lee will become what Waterson and Tiequan Zhang couldn't.

I just wanna hear Barboza meat slapping another fighter again.

Did you see Lee's fight with Al when compare it to Khabibs? Their grappling level is very different and Barbosa has great TDD which is the scary thing about Khabib.

Because he just trained for a wrestler. Khabib is like graduate school and Lee is like highschool, so now we will get to see where Edson really is.

Word out of mark Henry's camp is that Barboza's wrestling is outstanding.
Just goes to show how good Khabib is.

Will be interesting to see if Kevin Lee wrestles him and how effective it is. I'm really looking forward to this bout.

Barboza has decent TDD, good footwork and heavy leg kicks. He can and has beaten wrestlers.

Khabib is just Khabib

They're gonna build hype for Lee vs khabib.

Lee has been calling him out for centries. Khabib don't want none. If Al was able to neutralize Khabibs wrestling. Lee gon want all da smoke

Did you see Lee's fight with Al when compare it to Khabibs? Their grappling level is very different and Barbosa has great TDD which is the scary thing about Khabib.
I agree but that fight was ages ago. Lee was only 21, an absolute baby. Plus, let us not act like Kevin Lee isn't an absolutely changed beast since those 'mysterious bumps' started popping up on his abs.

hqdefault.jpg

usa_today_10131692.jpg

ster.jpg

Wrestler schmestler, Khabib is a better fighter than Lee. That's why Barboza is fighting Lee after coming off of a loss.

Back