What’s the thinking behind Barboza fighting another wrestler in Kevin Lee?

1. Lee does not come close to Khabib in his grappling pedigree. If he takes Barboza down he will get back up because he doesn't have the skills to keep him down.

2. He wrestles with Frankie and Eddie on a regular basis.

3. Lee has a weak chin.

Therefore, Barboza by UD.

Wanna bet

Ufc have really bad match making.. they out choi a rising star against stephens after losing to cub in a epic war.. you couldnt be more clueless than this.
...I still feel for Choi...hold up..where's my tissues again?

...but Edson failed all his papers in that "grad school"..
Precisely. This is why we find out if Edson is above 'highschool level' or needs to go back to kindergarten.

I think Edson gets tapped quick or ends up finishing Lee later. Lee has actually beat some real killers, where as I am not saying Edson has not, it just seem that his marquee wins have been against aging legends like Gil and Showtime.

Barboza had some of the best TDD in the LW division before the Khabib fight. Frankie says him and Alvarez can't take him down in practice. Just because Khabib is on another level doesn't mean that Kevin Lee will be able to take down Barboza at ease. Also Lee's gotten KTFO by terrible strikers, this is a much better matchup for Barboza.

Kevin Lee is no Khabib

I'm more rooting for Barboza. Love his kicks.
Gotcha. When I first read it it seemed like you were saying "I don't want this fight to produce Kevin Lee as a contender" in a negative way toward Lee. Nothing wrong with rooting for Barboza. But some people have a legitimate dislike for Kevin that sort of confuses me. He seems like a good guy who works hard and wants to get the most out of his ability.

It feels like yesterday Khabib destroyed Edson on the ground.

And now he is fighting another wrestler. He must be thrilled.

Who’s the matchmaker for LW and why this fight?

Unlike Khabib, Lee will actually stand with Barboza

I think both guys are looking to take the toughest fights they can get and I respect them for that.

If you guys don't recall Barboza also fought Dariush, who shouldn't have tried to take him down..

It feels like yesterday Khabib destroyed Edson on the ground.

And now he is fighting another wrestler. He must be thrilled.

Who’s the matchmaker for LW and why this fight?
After facing Khabib anyone else will seem shitty on the ground.. he’s immunized, I think they want him to win and having two wrestling defence based camps will help that happen

Back