What’s your secret ingredient?

Fresh ground cinnamon really elevates the flavor of spicy dishes.

I recently discovered celery seed and it's an amazing addition to most BBQ rubs. Especially if you're going simple with something like salt, pepper, garlic... add in some celery seed and you'll elevate the ever living hell out of that rub.

I've never heard of it. Any way to explain what kind of flavor it gives?

Picked up some 21 salute last week and I have been enjoying it. Not a secret ingredient but I was surprised at how versatile it is.

I think the only good advice regarding spices is "use them with a light touch".

I sometimes use a little dill weed and lemon pepper with fish planks
I stuck my dill weed in her lemon pepper. Lol

2150000052.ashx

I've never heard of it. Any way to explain what kind of flavor it gives?

Strange enough celery seed literally tastes like celery. It's strange because tasting the celery seed powder tastes like you're eating celery, but for whatever reason it has an amazing flavor in a rub or seasoning. Just something I wouldn't expect but once I tried it out with a few of my BBQ customers they were immediately hooked.

Cool thread idea

I put dill in everything, especially tuna.

Also, this stuff is good on everything
s-l300.jpg

Fish sauce

It's a great additive to anything savory. Just don't go overboard with it.

Chopped red onions. I think they make everything taste better

Strange enough celery seed literally tastes like celery. It's strange because tasting the celery seed powder tastes like you're eating celery, but for whatever reason it has an amazing flavor in a rub or seasoning. Just something I wouldn't expect but once I tried it out with a few of my BBQ customers they were immediately hooked.

That's interesting. I think I'll give it a shot and see what it tastes like. Always looking for new non salty spices.

That's interesting. I think I'll give it a shot and see what it tastes like. Always looking for new non salty spices.

Glad to hear it and if it rocks your world let me know. I do tend to add it to some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chipotle powder to make a nice rub. I like to mix all the other ingredients together first and then add salt as needed... I try to add very little salt to my diet.

stubbs sweet heat and siracha mostly.

Back