What’s your secret ingredient?

Glad to hear it and if it rocks your world let me know. I do tend to add it to some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chipotle powder to make a nice rub. I like to mix all the other ingredients together first and then add salt as needed... I try to add very little salt to my diet.

Nice I do mine up simple like that as well. Olive oil, black pepper, little bit of garlic salt and some rosemary once in a while to change it up. I'll add in the celery seeds and let you know how it turns out.

I use corriander in pasta sauce and it makes it pretty unique. I use Herbes De Province in a lot of things as well and it makes it pretty good.

*de Provence.

Anyways I use alot of :
- Piment d'Espelette
- duck fat.

Yeah south western French is the GOAT food.

If you've never used Dales get out there and find it. Amazing stuff.

8fc9a123887b24b554bca444042af059--diet-for-skin-bottle.jpg

I've used Dale's sperm. Does that count?

worcestershire sauce and louisiana hot sauce

Strange enough celery seed literally tastes like celery. It's strange because tasting the celery seed powder tastes like you're eating celery, but for whatever reason it has an amazing flavor in a rub or seasoning. Just something I wouldn't expect but once I tried it out with a few of my BBQ customers they were immediately hooked.

I'm going to give that a try. I really like Thyme in my rub for ribs. Never thought to put it on chicken I'm smoking (mostly because I typically jerk chicken I'm going to smoke) but my wife brought home some BBQ lately that had thyme on the chicken and it was great!

Ground pickling spice makes a good base for a smoked brisket rub. Gives it a corned beefish flavor.

I always put curry powder in my tuna salad. I also often put chiles in adobo in my turkey burgers. Either that or BBQ sauce.

Sometimes I will go with dill seed and fresh lime on fish, corn salad plant instead of lettuce on sandwiches, and garlic butter on poultry.

You can add curry powder , soy sauce , and a Lil honey together to most meat to give it some flavor .

ive been putting real bacon bits on eggs, quesadillas, pasta, pizza.... many things

What are some of your go to spices or other special ingredients that you use to kick up the flavor in just about everything you cook?

Here's mine

Fennel seed

I like drizzling barbecue sauce in my eggs before cooking them. Although, the other day I tried cooking tomato sauce into my eggs, and man that was awesome.

Smoked paprika works for a lot of stuff. I put it on/in just about everything from frozen pizzas to chili.

Back