WHAT ARE BOON BAG GLOVES MADE OF

That's pretty cool. I've never actually seen the foam used in the gloves. Interesting how it is two layers. I always pictured it in my mind as just basic foam.

That's pretty cool. I've never actually seen the foam used in the gloves. Interesting how it is two layers. I always pictured it in my mind as just basic foam.

any idea what the other foam is (not latex)? Its yellow like memory foam and spongy, but obviously denser than the memory foam on a mattress.

My guess is open cell foam and the top layer is closed cell foam. Not sure though. I could likely find out though.

My guess is open cell foam and the top layer is closed cell foam. Not sure though. I could likely find out though.

if you could and let me know that would be great. Want to educate myself on the subject. thanks .

top-king-boxing-glove-foam_1.jpg

Yeah, actually it's well known that top king uses layered foam. More basic padding styles are for traditional bag gloves and " Mexican " style padding, Which is usually no more than 2 layers. The outer layer being Latex sheet padding. Which also comes in varying densities.

So to save time, Over 2 layers of foam are usually sparing/ training gloves. And 2 layers are typically bag gloves.

There is also IMF padding which is one piece of molded foam that can be made harder or stiffer depending on application.

<mma4> .

I read that as what are poon made of

...I need help

I still have the original ones before they put the Boon logo on it. These things are built to last.

I think multi-layered paddings aren't that great. The different materials will have a lot of friction when they rub against each other while hitting and pushing away from the target. Together with the openings it provides for sweat to enter it will cause the material to erode and give up much earlier than single moulds. Yet, it may be just good enough for a year or two.

I think multi-layered paddings aren't that great. The different materials will have a lot of friction when they rub against each other while hitting and pushing away from the target. Together with the openings it provides for sweat to enter it will cause the material to erode and give up much earlier than single moulds. Yet, it may be just good enough for a year or two.
Well, I've had mine for 6 or so years...

Back