What are some ways to get Iodine from food? without using Table Salt

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't really use much salt in my diet, I mainly use iodized salt when I cook meat on the grill, and I mostly eat chick backed without salt just herbs, for me taking too much salt is bad since I have a family history of hypertension and Im bordering on it, I remember Joe Rogan saying Salt is good for you but I aint going to follow his advice and increase my salt fuck that lol.

I was thinking of trying to get more iodine in my system naturally without supplementation, I read that iodine supplements can be dangerous and cause you to actually get goiters and hypothyroidism because of the dosages being too high, too much iodine is just as bad as too little.

Eggs, non farmed fish, sea vegetables and cranberries seem to be the things you're looking for but fish and sea vegetables are likely to contain some toxins too.

Eggs, non farmed fish, sea vegetables and cranberries seem to be the things you're looking for but fish and sea vegetables are likely to contain some toxins too.

Yeah seaweed and certain fishes have high mercury. I hard kelp chips or good, some guy suggested that but said only eat it twice a week and thats all you need, not to take any daily he said he saw a difference in energy after a month of eating it twice a week. He said one thing you will notice when getting in iodine is your body temperature will rise a bit, you feel warmer, a lot of people with low thyroid tend to have a lower body temp, and to be really cold and in the winter they cant really handle the cold and one little touch makes them shiver badly.

But I heard the Japanese get a super high amount of iodine in daily, and many of them still have thick full heads of hair, super smart and alert, and don't have many cases of hyperthyroidism, but some of them did develop Hashimoto's disease from too much of it which gives you similar symptoms.

gross I can't stand shrimp, the smell when its cooking and its like biting into a ligament.

Ah that's too bad. Garlic butter shrimp are tasty!

Why the sudden interest in iodine? I've taken iodine supplements before.

Yes they can be really strong so you need to monitor your intake and start with a low dosage. I've only heard of a few very rare cases of iodine induced hashimotos so I don't know how much of a concern that should be. After I took iodine for awhile I detoxed pretty hard for 2 weeks, but after that I was fine.

I do it every once in awhile, I feel it helps clean out my system. You just need to be very careful, I took nascent iodine.

Get into fermenting your own foods, cheese and yogurt are awesome sources. Gut health is pretty much the foundation for everything as the old saying you are what you eat is wrong, it should have been you are what you absorb.

Obviously sea vegetables etc. Didn't think mercury was a problem with the non apex species as it didn't have a chance to accumulate up the food chain like the big predator fish. Have you got a link?

Ah that's too bad. Garlic butter shrimp are tasty!

Why the sudden interest in iodine? I've taken iodine supplements before.

Yes they can be really strong so you need to monitor your intake and start with a low dosage. I've only heard of a few very rare cases of iodine induced hashimotos so I don't know how much of a concern that should be. After I took iodine for awhile I detoxed pretty hard for 2 weeks, but after that I was fine.

I do it every once in awhile, I feel it helps clean out my system. You just need to be very careful, I took nascent iodine.

I bought iodoral and was bout to take it, i read up on bromide toxicity and also i dont use tsble salt daily, but inside was a paper with a warning of side effects and scared me, some guy told me dont megadose on it, he said cut the tablets in half and take it once or twice a week, but im still scared i dont want to screw up my hormonal system, and induce s goiter or hypothyroidism. so im looking for s food alternate, kelp chips seem like the best.

Swim an hour a day in the ocean with your mouth open as wide as you can, like a basking shark

basking_shark_1.jpg

Yeah seaweed and certain fishes have high mercury. I hard kelp chips or good, some guy suggested that but said only eat it twice a week and thats all you need, not to take any daily he said he saw a difference in energy after a month of eating it twice a week. He said one thing you will notice when getting in iodine is your body temperature will rise a bit, you feel warmer, a lot of people with low thyroid tend to have a lower body temp, and to be really cold and in the winter they cant really handle the cold and one little touch makes them shiver badly.

But I heard the Japanese get a super high amount of iodine in daily, and many of them still have thick full heads of hair, super smart and alert, and don't have many cases of hyperthyroidism, but some of them did develop Hashimoto's disease from too much of it which gives you similar symptoms.

agree but be honest i think the salt people who afraid of it are paranoid. salt is goood in moderation

If you work out and sweat a bunch, salt isnt a problem-- not having enough salt becomes the issue

There's a farm here that grows shrimp on land in a pond and only sells to a few restaurants, not to grocery stores.

Get into fermenting your own foods, cheese and yogurt are awesome sources. Gut health is pretty much the foundation for everything as the old saying you are what you eat is wrong, it should have been you are what you absorb.

Obviously sea vegetables etc. Didn't think mercury was a problem with the non apex species as it didn't have a chance to accumulate up the food chain like the big predator fish. Have you got a link?

Here are a couple of them.
http://steppingstonesliving.com/no-kelp/

https://www.naturalnews.com/043871_seaweeds_heavy_metals_wakame.html

Back