What are Stone Temple Pilots doing?

I saw STP with Chester Bennington on vocals at Aftershock 2015.

It actually turned out to be the last show Chester did with STP. ..also about a month before Scott Weiland died.

He nailed it. He sounded just like Scott and he even mimicked most of Scott’s stage moves. It was crazy seeing a vocalist with his stature completely go all out with the tribute. Now he’s dead too.

I love Core and Purple. Rest of their material was uneven.

I love Core and Purple. Rest of their material was uneven.

Core was their weakest, most one-dimensional album by far. When they released Purple I couldn't believe it was the same band. I had totally written them off based on the debut.

Then they released Tiny Music and IV - which are front to back rock masterpieces IMO.

Their Talk Show side project was also excellent and hugely underrated. Far better than the Army Of Anyone project they did with the Filter dude.

I don't unterstand why they are trying to start new there was only one singer that made them them and he liked his dope more. It's one thing having Chester come in after firing Scott as a fuck you Scott it's another to pull a fucking Journey and recruit someone online. Oh well hopefully they have some luck with this it's gonna be pretty hard to top a prime Weiland.
Weiland was always a wildcard. His drug problems dragged the band down. Pulling a "Journey" and recruiting a guy off of you tube, who will undoubtedly be very appreciative of the opportunity, might be better for stability.

They already tried this once. Hey kids, remember "Talk Show"?

*shutter*

It actually sounds very 90's STP. Could've been from Tiny Music. I dig it.

No, it doesn't sound like 90's STP at all. Dig it all you want, but don't lie to yourself and others so that you can.

No, it doesn't sound like 90's STP at all. Dig it all you want, but don't lie to yourself and others so that you can.

YksSaqu.gif

Back