What are Tenshin's chances?

Katsumi Yamada

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Let's assume it's a boxing match
It will be 3 rounds only.

We know the boy can crack, and Floyd is old.

What are Tenshin's chances at winning?

If it's really 3 rounds I give him 40% chance. All his fights are only 3 rounds, also....if Floyd vs Conor was stopped after 3 rounds Floyd would have probably lost.

<{1-10}>

Who? I've never heard of the guy before.

Depends on rule set.
But don't expect Floyd to allow more than punches as far as strikes go.
Maybe different clinch rules than normal.

30% chance of winning
If he drops Floyd or puts a good fight he will become the biggest star Japan has ever seen.

Better than Conor's.
Way worse than Conor's chances if this is a legit boxing match. There is a big size disparity. Floyd's most recent fight was at 154 pounds,Tenshin's was at about 125 pounds. Maybe if this is only three rounds and Tenshin starts fast he can win a round or two, but I can't imagine Floyd will agree to anything like that.

Damn, sounds you need to watch a fight then. What are you even doing here?

I will never understand the bragging here about not knowing stuff.
Its like its cool not to know a fighter. When I dont know a fighter I prefer to shut up.

Zero.

Playful exhibition for three rounds.

Its like its cool not to know a fighter. When I dont know a fighter I prefer to shut up.

MMA has the worst fanbase of any sport. Maybe cause the majority of its fans aren't sports fans and are hipsters or rednecks?

I really don't know why tbh. Real sports fans try to be knowledgeable about tactics, and up and coming athletes. Mma fans yea not so much.

Seems like if people are talking about a fighter and you're ignorant to the name you would wanna go research and find out who the fighter is. If people are talking about a fighter with a following and you don't know the name, it is probably bc you don't really watch fights. Tenshin has been discussed quite a bit around here in the last two years. It isn't that he's some scrub with no name lol. And if you don't know the name by now, go find out who he is. It isn't us being fight elitists or anything, it's him not watching good fighters.

MMA has the worst fanbase of any sport. Maybe cause the majority of its fans aren't sports fans and are hipsters or rednecks?

I really don't know why tbh. Real sports fans try to be knowledgeable about tactics, and up and coming athletes. Mma fans yea not so much.
If we are on a forum and we are discussing combat sports, I'd want to believe we are into it enough to be knowledgeable on the subject. It just doesn't always seem to be the case, and it is frustrating. For every @gono btw there are 50 dumb fucks who think Brock or Conor is the GOAT.

Whenever I hear people discussing the NFL out in the world, it is almost always a very knowledgeable discussion. Same with baseball, or basketball. Maybe it is bc these are sports that people played at one time or another, so they understand the games on a level that most fight fans don't? Not a lot of MMA fans really ever practiced a martial art, it seems. I guess that being so, they have never felt the need to study the game and learn what it is they're watching, or understand the history and evolution of martial arts. To me, it should be required of the fans, especially if you love it so much you made an account on a forum to discuss it. Start with UFC 1, Pride 1, IVC 1, WVTC 1, Battlecade 1, Pancrase 1, etc., etc., etc..., read a fucking book like Total MMA: Inside Ultimate Fighting (great book, btw, lots of historical knowledge on judo, BJJ, catch wrestling, etc.) or The MMA Encyclopedia (also a great reference, both by Jonathan Snowden) and come and regale us with shit that matters and contribute to this place with something more than shit a third grader would say.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes it is fun to post dumb shit, but I go to the OT or Mayberry for that. And Sherdog isn't serious bidness by any means, but it is a hell of a lot better and more interesting and fun to take part in when people actually know what they're talking about and can add reasonable and intelligent thoughts to a discussion.

/rant

If we are on a forum and we are discussing combat sports, I'd want to believe we are into it enough to be knowledgeable on the subject. It just doesn't always seem to be the case, and it is frustrating. For every @gono btw there are 50 dumb fucks who think Brock or Conor is the GOAT.

Whenever I hear people discussing the NFL out in the world, it is almost always a very knowledgeable discussion. Same with baseball, or basketball. Maybe it is bc these are sports that people played at one time or another, so they understand the games on a level that most fight fans don't? Not a lot of MMA fans really ever practiced a martial art, it seems. I guess that being so, they have never felt the need to study the game and learn what it is they're watching, or understand the history and evolution of martial arts. To me, it should be required of the fans, especially if you love it so much you made an account on a forum to discuss it. Start with UFC 1, Pride 1, IVC 1, WVTC 1, Battlecade 1, Pancrase 1, etc., etc., etc..., read a fucking book like Total MMA: Inside Ultimate Fighting (great book, btw, lots of historical knowledge on judo, BJJ, catch wrestling, etc.) or The MMA Encyclopedia (also a great reference, both by Jonathan Snowden) and come and regale us with shit that matters and contribute to this place with something more than shit a third grader would say.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes it is fun to post dumb shit, but I go to the OT or Mayberry for that. And Sherdog isn't serious bidness by any means, but it is a hell of a lot better and more interesting and fun to take part in when people actually know what they're talking about and can add reasonable and intelligent thoughts to a discussion.

/rant
It´s coz NHB didnt start in the US, but in Brazil, then Japan & Russia... imo

That´s why [American] MMA fans (unlike Boxing fans) have historically less interest in knowing the past/evolution of the sport.

It´s coz NHB didnt start in the US, but in Brazil, then Japan & Russia... imo

That´s why [American] MMA fans (unlike Boxing fans) have historically less interest in knowing the past/evolution of the sport.
Makes a lot of sense. Americans rarely have any real interest in things that aren't their own. Boxing is the anomaly, but there have also been a ton of American boxing champs who were absolutely enormous stars on the world stage. The sweet science has a different level of respect, and it's a shame. I enjoy boxing, for what it is, and have a lot of respect for those great fighters, just as I do for great wrestlers, great kickboxers, great judo masters, ect. But there is nothing like MMA. I believe it is the greatest form of competition in the world. There is no competition that is more pure than a fight. It is primal, on a fundamental human level. And MMA is the purest form of fighting. A fight that can happen anywhere, any which way. That encompasses all of the single forms of fighting. A great boxer, a great kickboxer, a great wrestler, they can all take part in MMA. But if they don't know anything but what they know, they will probably lose, bc they're not indoctrinated in that form of pure competition.

I'm passionate about this shit. I'm a competitive guy. I love competition, in all of its forms. I watch football, and baseball, and basketball, and boxing, and wrestling, and even fucking spelling bees on ESPN 2 back in the day. But MMA is special amongst competition. Nothing comes close to it. There's nothing that pure. Maybe a fight to the death, but I don't wanna see that. MMA is the next closest thing, and I wish people felt the same way about it that I do.

Makes a lot of sense. Americans rarely have any real interest in things that aren't their own. Boxing is the anomaly, but there have also been a ton of American boxing champs who were absolutely enormous stars on the world stage. The sweet science has a different level of respect, and it's a shame. I enjoy boxing, for what it is, and have a lot of respect for those great fighters, just as I do for great wrestlers, great kickboxers, great judo masters, ect. But there is nothing like MMA. I believe it is the greatest form of competition in the world. There is no competition that is more pure than a fight. It is primal, on a fundamental human level. And MMA is the purest form of fighting. A fight that can happen anywhere, any which way. That encompasses all of the single forms of fighting. A great boxer, a great kickboxer, a great wrestler, they can all take part in MMA. But if they don't know anything but what they know, they will probably lose, bc they're not indoctrinated in that form of pure competition.

I'm passionate about this shit. I'm a competitive guy. I love competition, in all of its forms. I watch football, and baseball, and basketball, and boxing, and wrestling, and even fucking spelling bees on ESPN 2 back in the day. But MMA is special amongst competition. Nothing comes close to it. There's nothing that pure. Maybe a fight to the death, but I don't wanna see that. MMA is the next closest thing, and I wish people felt the same way about it that I do.

I hear you. I like all those sports and some others as well but MMA is the pinnacle.

B eye.gif

Im a bit melancholic about boxing, all my heroes are retired now (last one being B-Hop...)..
Let´s see if I can get back to it...

View attachment 466287

Im a bit melancholic about boxing, all my heroes are retired now (last one being B-Hop...)..
Let´s see if I can get back to it...
There are still a lot of great boxers. The sport has definitely seen times when there were more quality boxers across the board, fighting for all of the different commissions and in all the different weight classes, but there are still some potentially all time greats in the sport. Lomachenko is an absolute monster (and would probably do quite well if he lateraled over to MMA) and Joshua appears to be the best young HW boxer in years, and who actually has skill for a HW and not just power like Wilder. GGG is also a beast of a boxer. People had been saying for a long time that the sport is dying, but it still has a pulse. There are still great fights happening. That GGG/Canelo rematch was one of the best I'd seen in years. Give it a bit, people will jump on board again. They seem much more ready to watch boxing again than to watch MMA. And like DAZN is changing the game with MMA and making it accessible to large numbers of people on the cheap, they're doing it with boxing too. The synergy between boxing and MMA on DAZN is going to be interesting to see play out. DAZN will bring in the subscribers with $10 Joshua and Canelo fights, and hopefully they stream some Bellator/ROAD/KSW/FNG/Combate/EFC/potentially more to come. Great time to be a combat sports fan. I hope DAZN gets into the kickboxing business as well. Skies the limit for combat sports with DAZN wanting to/becoming a hub for it.

There are still a lot of great boxers. The sport has definitely seen times when there were more quality boxers across the board, fighting for all of the different commissions and in all the different weight classes, but there are still some potentially all time greats in the sport. Lomachenko is an absolute monster (and would probably do quite well if he lateraled over to MMA) and Joshua appears to be the best young HW boxer in years, and who actually has skill for a HW and not just power like Wilder. GGG is also a beast of a boxer. People had been saying for a long time that the sport is dying, but it still has a pulse. There are still great fights happening. That GGG/Canelo rematch was one of the best I'd seen in years. Give it a bit, people will jump on board again. They seem much more ready to watch boxing again than to watch MMA. And like DAZN is changing the game with MMA and making it accessible to large numbers of people on the cheap, they're doing it with boxing too. The synergy between boxing and MMA on DAZN is going to be interesting to see play out. DAZN will bring in the subscribers with $10 Joshua and Canelo fights, and hopefully they stream some Bellator/ROAD/KSW/FNG/Combate/EFC/potentially more to come. Great time to be a combat sports fan. I hope DAZN gets into the kickboxing business as well. Skies the limit for combat sports with DAZN wanting to/becoming a hub for it.
I wish they could launch some new Sweet Pea,B-Hop,Lights Out...
The hangover is real here...

Back