What are the holes in Mighty Mouse's game?

His boxing.

He's hittable in the pocket, and it used to be an issue until he fought John Dodson the first time - if he's giving up speed he can be caught in excahnges. Joey Benz did it, and Dodson did it.

He gets around this though with his reacting takedowns and his ability to fight outside, so he never has to exchange unless it's on his terms

Another issue he used to have is that he used to cross his feet a lot when he was circling. Again he still does this, but he stands wider and lower than he did early on in his career so it's not as noticeable AND when he's drawing people forward he has more pop in his knees and punches he can stand his ground instead of circling OR dive into the clinch where he has an advantage over everyone in that division

It's really hard to talk about his holes, because we are amateurs and fans.
But I really started to enjoy Dj,about 4-5 fights ago... So watching him fight I noticed, when he goes side step or like a savate move slide to the side, and uses only boxing (3-4 fast punches combo) , his chin is up there. Head never down or covered with shoulders but up there.
however his controling of all areas of the fight, make this slip aside, so is it even a hole ?
Maybe Cody (btw) could beat him, ol' Cruz probably not, and Tj definitely not at flyweight.

TDD and striking could be improved. But MM's holes are not an issue because his strengths are able to compensate and then so.

It's really hard to talk about his holes, because we are amateurs and fans.
But I really started to enjoy Dj,about 4-5 fights ago... So watching him fight I noticed, when he goes side step or like a savate move slide to the side, and uses only boxing (3-4 fast punches combo) , his chin is up there. Head never down or covered with shoulders but up there.
however his controling of all areas of the fight, make this slip aside, so is it even a hole ?
Maybe Cody (btw) could beat him, ol' Cruz probably not, and Tj definitely not at flyweight.
A fight with Cody is the big one, I think that's the toughest matchup
Cody's got good simple footwork, and will take a shot to land a harder one easily, and DJ is hittable in exchange
and Cody's TDD looks superb
agree with your post though

How do you figure his BJJ isn't efficient?
Oh it's good, I was saying not as good as it could be. I am comparing him to a super stud like damian mai who once they get you down, you are fucked. There probably isn't going to be any scrambles or escaped etc. No shame in that. It's not so much a hole as saying there are better jujitsu games out there.

When he shifts stance he can be timed with a decent punch like Dodson did in their first fight but it doesn't seem like an issue any more so there isn't more tbh

None. From a guy who says top 13 of all time right now. None. People are trying to nitpick but let's be real, it's striking, wrestling, submissions. Computer game set up, 3 stats. He's not lacking in any.

Jones isn't either. Prime GSP, Fedor, Aldo. All had the 3 main skills without a major flaw in skillset. Anderson wrestling wasn't great but more than made up for it striking wise.

He will finish one of the top 10, small guys don't have as long career. That TJ fight mattered. People will call his division dead and sites don't rank any other 125ers in p4p rankings. A longer run will move him up an all time list but it's the highly thought of fighters he needs to beat now to crack top 5.

He could make 115, easily hold two titles at the same time if they had 115 in UFC.

People will be in the right place at the right time legacy wise. He needs a 115lbs title, a win over a few more top 135ers, another few years stomping everyone at his own weight.

He has holes, which is why world beater Tim Elliott was giving him problems in round 1.

If Tim Elliott can get to you in striking and on the ground, you have holes.

The biggest hole in Demetrious' game is the fact that any normal sized person of average athleticism would kill him within two minutes.

NO.

Follow along.

Is MM quicker than most people? Yes. Hell, yes. I am, myself, so I KNOW Mighty Mouse is. The difference is MM knows what to do with it.

So, therefore, he is more than likely getting off the first offense if he chooses to, or dodging the opponent's offense and countering.

You mean to tell me that someone with that much martial training and speed advantage couldn't fuck Joe Average Athleticism up?

NO.

Follow along.

Is MM quicker than most people? Yes. Hell, yes. I am, myself, so I KNOW Mighty Mouse is. The difference is MM knows what to do with it.

So, therefore, he is more than likely getting off the first offense if he chooses to, or dodging the opponent's offense and countering.

You mean to tell me that someone with that much martial training and speed advantage couldn't fuck Joe Average Athleticism up?
Size > skill mate its called physics

What are the holes in Mighty Mouse's game -- technique wise? He's the most well rounded and technically sound fighter in the history of the sport, but there must be some deficiencies. Let's discuss.

Serious discussion, please. Keep jokes to a minimum.
His biggest weakness is that he goes for the finish.

Lack of draw power
Lack of nut sack (anyone, anywhere, anytime)
Lack of talking intelligibly
Lack of not being a hobbit

41MBFSMEUtL.jpg

This has been proven wrong many many times in MMA
Yes, MMA proves physics wrong. LMAO. Did you forget that MMA has weight classes dummy?

Dont bother replying I wont read it anyway

Relies on footwork too much to avoid punches, gets caught every now and then with the palms up/head up. Sometimes loses position in scrambles, but tends to quickly correct it unless he gives up top position, and from bottom he's not the most dangerous (though can sub). For a wrestler he's not the best at top control, but his BJJ from top is very good.

The best fighters he's faced got him in some trouble in those areas, but as a whole the holes are minor since he reacts quickly.

Back