what are the odds of prime Liddell beating jones?

Honestly, those are examples of two not-so-legit black belts, or guys whose bjj didn't translate well into MMA. Vitor being probably the better of the two.

Alright listen, in 39 fights Vitor was submitted twice, once in 2005 and then Jon Jones. Lyoto in 31 fights has been submitted twice. So between the two, in 70 fights, they were submitted 4 times. Bones was 2 of those 4 submissions.

Alright listen, in 39 fights Vitor was submitted twice, once in 2005 and then Jon Jones. Lyoto in 31 fights has been submitted twice. So between the two, in 70 fights, they were submitted 4 times. Bones was 2 of those 4 submissions.

I don't think tallying submisisons is a good method though. A lot of it is just getting beat up on the ground.

Vitor got completely molested by Couture, Jacare, Reem, Mousasi, Weidman, Jon (but nearly got an armbar at least) etc, despite being an ADCC medalist. His style just hasn't translated too well.

Machida I'd say is worse. Rockhold and Romero destroyed him, Jon guillotined him, tito nearly submitted him. Machida's brother Chinzo (another blackbelt) also doesn't do very well in MMA, was recently subbed in two minutes by a prospect.

Jon is a great grappler though.

He doesn't even have a puncher's chance.

Jones' chin is fucking iron; it's the most underappreciated aspect of his abilities. The dude's been hit by hard shots from Gus, Cormier, TRT Vitor, prime Machida etc. and has never been rocked.
none of those guys hit as hard a liddell. quinton does but jones didn't let him get in range to throw big punches.

This ends bad for Chuck. Jones would out wrestle him like Couture I.... Jones would dominate him like Rampage I II. But it would have been awesome to see. PLEASE Chuck... don't fight again...

Back