What are you playing now thread V-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the Mafia 3 Sign of the Times DLC, just downloaded Stones Unturned DLC and Kings Tale FF XV

Kings tale is really fun and the achievements are easy. There are a couple that are kind of annoying but dooable.

Trudged through Thomas Was Alone for the easy achievements - damn that game is so overrated. I don't get the praise it got at all.

Also finished Firewatch in one sitting and really enjoyed it. Not a huge fan of walking simulators (Ether One and Everyone's Gone to the Rapture were boring as hell to me) but this was well done aside from the disappointing ending. Would have been interesting if the protagonist was the one with dementia all along and the game was a hallucination or something along those lines.

Last edited:
Giving The Long Dark another go after seeing all the glowing reviews it got on steam. Really wanted to like it for the free hour but maybe the survival mode is better than the campaign.

Got back into FFXV and really enjoying it so far. It's been like 9 months since I played it last lol. Got to level 10 and finished the first chapter.

Reluctantly slugging my way through Dragon Age: Inquisition's story mode in between brutal work shifts...this game doesn't exactly work for adults with limited free time.

Fucking twelve year hikes to every location, half of the objectives worth exploring are at the top of some cliff with no obvious route. To add insult to injury, every location your character arrives at is greeted by your "advance scouts" who have clearly done fuck-all scouting, seeing as your map is never filled in

Enemies are damage sponges in later areas, requiring 20 minutes, 70 spells and 30 heavy attacks to bring down which is adorable. If I light an archer on fire, hit him with a two handed sledgehammer, stab him in the back with twin enchanted daggers, freeze him, electrocute him, siphon his soul, shoot him with an exploding arrow and he's not even half dead, I'm calling bullshit on your entire fantasy world realism

Gone are the clever dialogues of DA: Origins, replaced with replies that range from making your character sound like an uptight square to a naive square that hasn't heard of any subject in the "investigate" dialogue tree, to a squariest square should you attempt humor dialogue options and wind up sounding like you were raised in the woods by a wild pack of Dad Jokes

The skill trees are also the lamest bullshit ever. I didn't grind my ass off in some nightmare difficulty dungeon to be rewarded with a 10% damage increase against enemies that happened to fall down. Unless I'm fighting on casual, none of those perks will affect my Veteran Demon Overlord Version 9.0 enemies whatsoever

I downloaded the version with all the DLC. By the time I finished the main game, I was over it. I couldn't even bring myself to start the DLC. That game was frustrating.

Finally wrapped a single playthrough while beating my kids away with sticks to keep them from playing

Not particularly a strong M game compared to DA Origins, which was brutal for anyone who bothered to read between the lines.

After a full story run, I can say with confidence that the map design throughout was bizarre and full of weird placement. Witcher 3 (hell, Skyrim) pull ahead easily on their cave networks, wooded trails and side path options, plus Inquisition characters are foiled by mild inclines on a regular basis, effectively putting the fear of god into any would-be RPG mountain climbers. Fuck that

Combat only gets easier if you take guard or barriers seriously, which the game didn't stress the importance of whatsoever. A rogue with guard on hit is an entirely different beast than one without, so it's pretty funny that the game allows players to take/leave that feature as if it was as basic as a fire rune. Classic.

A few observations:

The Inquisitor, male or female, any race imaginable, any fighting style, consistently has the personality of a soggy napkin in the face of imminent death, crises of faith, romances, you name it.

It's also incredibly balls-out by the devs to take dialogue tree prompts with dramatic sounding titles like "this is suicide!" only to have the Inquisitor calmly spout watered-down bullshit like: "do you think that's a wise course of action?"

*Edit:
My second character is now a dwarf female pick, to see what reactions would be within the ranks. Turns out the random Orlesian NPC by the side of the road has something to say about my being a dwarf, but none of the actual dwarves have shit to say about it.

Varric? Unimpressed.

Scout Harding? Couldn't give a shit.

Fucking.....Dagna? Not one word.

The only dwarven Arcanist in recorded history meets the only f*ckin' Dwarven Inquisitor, with not so much as a raised eyebrow or sideways glance

I demand dwarven romance dialogue options where we all threaten to pull eachother's hair in bed and/or make out in a pile of dirty coins.

Last edited:
Just finished the Stones Unturned DLC for Mafia 3 and just like Sign of the Times, great add on. Although both were kind of short.

Don't think I'm going to get Faster Baby.. cause it sound like there's a lot of racing in it.. and I hate having racing in non racing games.

Almost done with King's Tale FFXV.. just finishing the challenges.

Need to find something else to play.. . @Hyperglide was oxenfree decent, what's that all about?

Just finished the Stones Unturned DLC for Mafia 3 and just like Sign of the Times, great add on. Although both were kind of short.

Don't think I'm going to get Faster Baby.. cause it sound like there's a lot of racing in it.. and I hate having racing in non racing games.

Almost done with King's Tale FFXV.. just finishing the challenges.

Need to find something else to play.. . @Hyperglide was oxenfree decent, what's that all about?

Oxenfree is a point and click adventure similar to the telltale game series. Very low on gameplay but it's got an interesting story and cool twist. Some of the characters are really annoying though.

Got it in sale last month. I wouldn't recommend playing it if it's full price. The replay value is non-existent.

Oxenfree is a point and click adventure similar to the telltale game series. Very low on gameplay but it's got an interesting story and cool twist. Some of the characters are really annoying though.

Got it in sale last month. I wouldn't recommend playing it if it's full price. The replay value is non-existent.
Gotcha.. I think it's like $20 right now

Need to find something else to play

Mass Effucked

Downloading Hellblade on PS4 right now - wasn't on my radar and never heard of it but looks like a AAA title and only for $30.

Last edited:
fortnite, destiny, and a new play through in Witcher 3

Playing Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days for PSP. The game is a legit tactical RPG. There is incredible depth to the grind where every item has an "item world" which is a series of battles/floors allowing the leveling of said item... It also has an interesting atmosphere of lighthearted dark comedy. Everyone is a demon and bad is good. One gimmick in the game is acquiring felonies with your characters which gives them a +EXP% buff. At some point enemies have a million + hp and characters can level to 1,000 or more...

Need to find something else to play...

header.jpg

Best horror game along with Outlast 1 imo

header.jpg

Best horror game along with Outlast 1
I've played Outlast 1 and that game frustrated me. I might try it again though. I'll check this one out too.

I'm debating Mass Effect Andromeda. Its come down in price quite a bit so now it's in the running.

I've played Outlast 1 and that game frustrated me. I might try it again though. I'll check this one out too.

I'm debating Mass Effect Andromeda. Its come down in price quite a bit so now it's in the running.

You'd be best off with Andromeda if you chose between those two.

While I'm not a ME fan I know you and I know that Outlast will be a chore for you and make you rage.

Had flu last weekend and had no desire to play anything in my Steam library. Somehow I decided to give Dying Light a try and holy shit it's fun. I disliked Dead Island (and that's why I probably avoided this game earlier) but the darker tone and the parkour really make this game stand out.

I agree with @Eazy123 pick up Mass Effect. Its really not that bad and you seemed to like DA:I so ME will be right up your alley.

Still goimg through FFXV. I am at chapter 8 amd roughly level 33. Ramuh summon made me jizz. So epic.

I agree with @Eazy123 pick up Mass Effect. Its really not that bad and you seemed to like DA:I so ME will be right up your alley.

Still goimg through FFXV. I am at chapter 8 amd roughly level 33. Ramuh summon made me jizz. So epic.
MEA is downloading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back