What are you playing now thread V-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dishonored the first one from ps3. Game is awesome

Minecraft with my 3.5 yr old - he's obsessed with me finding and killing Enderman (I'd never played it before)

Currently playing Wolfenstein - The New Order.

I'm REALLY enjoying this game. It's a combination of Steampunk, Alternative History, James Bond, and Indiana Jones. I only heard that it was released last summer, and not much otherwise. Then I saw it on Steam's winter sale for $7, and it had very positive reviews, so I thought it was worth the purchase.

And it's pure fun. It's not taking itself too seriously, the storyline is great, it's extremely well optimized and running smooth as silk with full resolution and details set to max.

I'd say it's one of the best games you can pick up for less than $10 on the steam sale.

Overwatch, Lost Odyssey and Titanfall 2

Loving Titanfall, its super fun, I have no complaints, glad the brought back angle city map

Overwatch I will probably stop playing after a week or so, I ususally hop on for events then phase it out

And LO just came out on xbox one backwards compat, so I fired it up, about 3 hours in so far, great game.

Got a raspberry pi for Christmas so loaded retropie and some roms and have been playing a lot of older games. Other than a little more work to deal with everything I have gotten so much more for my money than the class nes that came out and seems to be sold out everywhere.

I've had a bunch of time off over the holidays so I've played through the Uncharted games and I'm playing the Tomb Raider games just to compare them. I played Unch 2 on the PS3 and I didn't like it but that was mostly down to the PS3 controller which was a piece of shit. So some pros and cons -

Uncharted -

The controls are a lot better. Movement and aiming was much improved.

I liked the characters a lot and the story was interesting.

The set pieces were good. The section in Unch4 were Nathan is dragged through the mud might be the best section in any game I've played all year.

The games, especially 4 look great.

Cons -

There's way too much filler/padding.

Too many unfair gotcha moments/difficulty spikes. There's nothing enjoyable about having to repeat a section because of sudden difficulty spikes. There were times when I almost threw the controller against the wall.

Crumbling ledges. This quickly became the thing I really hated more than anything else. The constant crumbling ledges. It's exciting the first few times but when you have the same scene where Drake jumps and then hangs on a ledge over and over and over it becomes an irritating pain in the ass. It does nothing for the player or the game play yet for some reason ND thought it'd be a great idea to have one of these every 10 minutes in every game.

Tomb Raider -

The first one had a pretty weird storyline about a bunch of whackos trying to find a body for the spirit of a Japanese queen. The 2nd one is about the quest to find a relic which gives immortality. I haven't finished it yet so it might expand into something else.

The cover system is great. As soon as there's a threat Lara automatically goes into the nearest cover or crouches out of sight without any prompting.

The mechanics of the game are also great. The shooting and climbing is really intuitive which makes the gameplay a lot of fun.

My biggest criticism with the games are that apart from Lara, none of the characters are memorable in any way. I'm playing ROTR at the moment and I can't remember who the main bad guy is or who her buddy's are.

Lara is a miserable cow. There's no humor at all in her character which is a shame. Tney really need to add some lighter moments and a couple of buddies who won't die within the first hour.

What is it with the death animations? I don't understand why they put in scenes where she gets a giant wooden spike through her throat. It's fucking weird.

Anyway, comparing the two I think Uncharted comes out tops in the story and characters. Tomb Raider comes out tops in the gameplay and mechanics.

Got a raspberry pi for Christmas so loaded retropie and some roms and have been playing a lot of older games. Other than a little more work to deal with everything I have gotten so much more for my money than the class nes that came out and seems to be sold out everywhere.
I bought a $20 android box, loaded it up with NES and SNES roms, bought some usb to controller adapters, and love it.
I gave a couple of the those setups with Kodi installed for christmas and I've already had 10 people wanting me to make them.

Just finished The Witcher 3's final DLC Blood and Wine.

Next I'll probably play The Phantom Pain.

Picked up some cheap games on dat Steam Sale to try in between Skyrim and Watch Dogs 2

Neon Chrome - top down shooter, where you control clones with differing characteristics and try and get as far up a building as possible, earning as many kills as possible to upgrade and stand a better chance with your next clone. Sort of like Rogue Legacy meets Hotline Miami meets Syndicate. I like it a lot. The weapons are satisfying, there's destructible scenery, plus the levels are randomly generated.

Mother Russia Bleeds - side scrolling beat 'em up with a very gory and nasty art style and a story involving hobos being kidnapped and used in lab experiments. I guess it's pretty good, but I really suck at these games. I haven't played one since Streets of Rage back in the day. It's repetitive, but graphically it's appealing and detailed so I want to progress just to see what vile shit shows up later on in the game.

Paint The Town Red - pretty hilarious mass brawl simulator, still in development. Pure survival against rooms full of violent rednecks. teh jab and uppercuts are fully implemented, but you also use stools and pool cues and bottles and meat clevers as well. Lots of blood and damage

Last edited:
Been going oldschool and playing Oblivion. Absolute all time favorite game, wish they remaster it >>Skyrim

I bought a $20 android box, loaded it up with NES and SNES roms, bought some usb to controller adapters, and love it.
I gave a couple of the those setups with Kodi installed for christmas and I've already had 10 people wanting me to make them.

Yea I have nes, snes, playstion, a few n64, sega genesis, and gameboy advance on mine. I told one friend what I was doing and he said if it worked out well then I might have to set him up one. Luckily I have a playstation4 so was able to just use the controllers from it and didn't have to invest in another controller. Looking to potentially get one of the 8bitdo controllers in the future.

How good is the android box and do you have any experience with the raspberrypi to compare?

On my Steam Link that I got for xmas I'm playing Dark Souls 1, Hotline Miami 1&2 and Monkey Island 2 remastered.

On my 3DS it's Pokémon Sun

Shadowverse. I was on the fence for a long time because I'm really into Hearthstone but I read about how you get a shit ton of free packs currently in Shadowverse so I downloaded it. I was shocked that it is actually really good. Anyway it's f2p and currently you can get about 58 packs through various easy tasks.

If you play Hearthstone check out Shadowverse and get free shit. It's on Steam, ios and android.

I caved and got all the DLC for Doom, this game continues to impress. The multiplayer is super fun, like its casual but also takes skill to master idk why people shit on it. I find it smooth, fast and fun.

Still replaying the campaign (i have one data log left to find which is super annoying)

And i get constant enjoyment out of snapmap, i made a few of my own that i spent a lot of time on. But now every day i just play a random highly rated snapmap and i am super impressed. Especially since I'm more into solo, so i can play literal custom campaigns and shit. Yeah it doesn't hold a candle to the standard campaign but still its fun to see what people come up with.

Doom is up there with Fallout 4 as maybe my favorite 8th gen game thus far.

Picked up a few PS4 games on Black Friday to give to the wife to give to me for Xmas that I want to dip into now, like CoD Infinite Warfare, XCom 2 and Fallout 4.

Just downloaded Watch Dogs 2... was on sale for $36.

Gta Online, Forza 6 and prolly DOOM and Final Fantasy XV this weekend.

I caved and got all the DLC for Doom, this game continues to impress. The multiplayer is super fun, like its casual but also takes skill to master idk why people shit on it. I find it smooth, fast and fun.

Still replaying the campaign (i have one data log left to find which is super annoying)

And i get constant enjoyment out of snapmap, i made a few of my own that i spent a lot of time on. But now every day i just play a random highly rated snapmap and i am super impressed. Especially since I'm more into solo, so i can play literal custom campaigns and shit. Yeah it doesn't hold a candle to the standard campaign but still its fun to see what people come up with.

Doom is up there with Fallout 4 as maybe my favorite 8th gen game thus far.

Man i gotta install that shit. I hear so much good shit about it.m. The OST is metal as fuck to.

\m/-_-\m/

On my Steam Link that I got for xmas I'm playing Dark Souls 1, Hotline Miami 1&2 and Monkey Island 2 remastered.

On my 3DS it's Pokémon Sun
What's your thoughts on the Steam Link so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back