What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xcom2.

Thought I would be a true gamer, and play it on one of the harder difficulties. Big no no. They stomp my ass. How can I be 3 meters from an enemy and have a sub 50% chance to hit??? Back to rookie for me

Xcom2.

Thought I would be a true gamer, and play it on one of the harder difficulties. Big no no. They stomp my ass. How can I be 3 meters from an enemy and have a sub 50% chance to hit??? Back to rookie for me

You playing with War of the Chosen bro?

You should def hit up Steam Workshop bro. A lot of great mods out there

You playing with War of the Chosen bro?

You should def hit up Steam Workshop bro. A lot of great mods out there
No, on the PS4Pro since it was free. Might go and pick it up for the PC, since it is cheap.

They have a mod that balances the accuracy of your weapons?

No, on the PS4Pro since it was free. Might go and pick it up for the PC, since it is cheap.

They have a mod that balances the accuracy of your weapons?

There are all kinds of gameplay tweaks bro, including weapon modifiers. I only did cosmetic stuff so I got people from Mass Effect running around with AK's and shit, but just looking at the workshop there are like 500+ gameplay mods.

One thing I will say is - I played vanilla XCOM2 and I hated it. Lots of performance issues etc but also my troops were useless against certain enemies like the Codex and couldn't land a shot for shit. With WOTC soldiers seem to perform better overall and are far more reliable. At the same time the enemy scales up a little too, but it feels more balanced and I'm enjoying it now.

There are all kinds of gameplay tweaks bro, including weapon modifiers. I only did cosmetic stuff so I got people from Mass Effect running around with AK's and shit, but just looking at the workshop there are like 500+ gameplay mods.

One thing I will say is - I played vanilla XCOM2 and I hated it. Lots of performance issues etc but also my troops were useless against certain enemies like the Codex and couldn't land a shot for shit. With WOTC soldiers seem to perform better overall and are far more reliable. At the same time the enemy scales up a little too, but it feels more balanced and I'm enjoying it now.
Yeah I know playing on a console has it's setbacks, but I was wondering if I was playing the same game as everyone else. It is not very good. Will definitely check out the PC version now. Thanks for the info.

Yeah I know playing on a console has it's setbacks, but I was wondering if I was playing the same game as everyone else. It is not very good. Will definitely check out the PC version now. Thanks for the info.

If you're complaining about the general randomness of the dice roll on hits, and artificial difficulty brought on by them, you're playing the same game.

It is what it is. I never bothered with the sequel, but the original is the same deal. The AI basically chooses when it's going to let you win on higher difficulties. 75% strategy, 25% luck. I'm sure some mods will make it easier, but the true blue experience has always been frustrating in certain aspects. Namely the bullshit dice rolls.

Me - 95% chance to hit. Right next to enemy. "Miss".

AI - 10% chance to hit. Three miles away, behind nine layers of obstacles. "Critical hit".

Fuck you, game.

If you're complaining about the general randomness of the dice roll on hits, and artificial difficulty brought on by them, you're playing the same game.

It is what it is. I never bothered with the sequel, but the original is the same deal. The AI basically chooses when it's going to let you win on higher difficulties. 75% strategy, 25% luck. I'm sure some mods will make it easier, but the true blue experience has always been frustrating in certain aspects. Namely the bullshit dice rolls.

Me - 95% chance to hit. Right next to enemy. "Miss".

AI - 10% chance to hit. Three miles away, behind nine layers of obstacles. "Critical hit"
Fuck you, game.
Well fuck me sideways... that's a shame

Picked up Dishonored Definitive Edition for $10. Played the second one and liked it, hopefully the first one delivers. At least it has all the dlc.

Picked up Dishonored Definitive Edition for $10. Played the second one and liked it, hopefully the first one delivers. At least it has all the dlc.
Might not be as enjoyable if you start with the 2nd game and then go to the first game.

Might not be as enjoyable if you start with the 2nd game and then go to the first game.
I'd imagine it'll be worth $10 though

Just picked up Hitman for XBox One. Comes with all the DLCs and what not. Guess I'll have to buy a new controller before I can play anything though. Piece of shit.

Finally tried Fortnite. Must say, it is a damn good time. Might get old, but playing with my buddy the last few days has been great.

I just beat the first Metal Gear Solid for the first time. Quite a few flaws but tons of fun anyway.

Picked up Shadow of War on sale and also finished Unmechanical Extended. Started Hue as well.

Last edited:
Just discovered Holdfast (historical war simulator) earlier today and I can't take my eyes off it

It's also hilarious

just waiting for "lerooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooy jenkins!"

Finished Deus Ex Mankind Divided and started Vanquish on xbone

Just finished Far Cry 5; threw some thoughts up on it here.

Have on my shelf both AC: Origins and Bloodborne but have yet to decide on the next journey. Was hoping to use Bloodborne to springboard into the Souls-series so might do Origins first before starting what looks to be in all a very long effort with the latter.

I just beat the first Metal Gear Solid for the first time. Quite a few flaws but tons of fun anyway.

I played all the MGS games recently (MGS 3 and 4 for the first time) and MGS1 definitely feels clunky nowadays. I couldn't really adjust to it, and must've looked like shit compared to 13 year old Zer playing it for the first time. The later games obviously get better and better in terms of controls and gameplay. I'm replaying MGS5 now because I didn't 100% it the first time. It's my fav game of the series although I guess major MGS fans don't like it because it's light on plot compared to the other games.

Rust

Best game ive played in years, multiplayer online crafting survival game

I played all the MGS games recently (MGS 3 and 4 for the first time) and MGS1 definitely feels clunky nowadays. I couldn't really adjust to it, and must've looked like shit compared to 13 year old Zer playing it for the first time. The later games obviously get better and better in terms of controls and gameplay. I'm replaying MGS5 now because I didn't 100% it the first time. It's my fav game of the series although I guess major MGS fans don't like it because it's light on plot compared to the other games.

Some of my fav games are damn clunky once I revisit em. MGS1 is so good once you get used to the controls again.

I loved Xcom enemy within or something like that, it was so fun, cant wait to play 2, now that its free later down the line, is this your first xcom or you played the one before it and if so how does it compare? Anyone?

Right now gonna play through resident evil 4, 5 and 6. I know people hate 6, but if you treat it as an action game, its balls to the wall fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back