What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did, and can recommend it.

I bought it in the steam sale and I am loving it so far, it's basically a movie that you play lol plus Knights and rpgs are two of my favorite things so it's right up my alley.

Did you beat it? I only have about 3 - 4 hours into it and I just passed the intro part, this game must be huge

Just started FFXV big FF fan but i've just held off on this for ages. Only a couple of hours in, it's started very well imo.

Last edited:
I loved Xcom enemy within or something like that, it was so fun, cant wait to play 2, now that its free later down the line, is this your first xcom or you played the one before it and if so how does it compare? Anyone?

I just finished my War of the Chosen campaign yesterday and although I liked it a lot, tbh I think XCOM: Enemy Within is a better campaign overall. In Enemy Within the stakes are higher and you're always under pressure. You get some really well executed, unique missions and I think mechs and gene mods are handled better.

XCOM2: WOTC is like that at first but then you get on top of things and the latter part of the game is kind of slow and repetitive. You get some cool, unique troops with special abilities and also a zombie onslaught thing which pops into missions sometimes which is also pretty cool. I also think the maps get stale in XCOM2, there seems to be less variety (Saying that, midway through my game I heard about a mod that recreates XCOM maps in XCOM2 and put them in rotation but I guess I couldn't use it during a campaign in progress). I admit I'm a pussy and don't play on highest difficulty or anything like that, so I'd probably get destroyed in WOTC if I did and feel a lot more desperate, like I did in Enemy Within

I just finished my War of the Chosen campaign yesterday and although I liked it a lot, tbh I think XCOM: Enemy Within is a better campaign overall. In Enemy Within the stakes are higher and you're always under pressure. You get some really well executed, unique missions and I think mechs and gene mods are handled better.

XCOM2: WOTC is like that at first but then you get on top of things and the latter part of the game is kind of slow and repetitive. You get some cool, unique troops with special abilities and also a zombie onslaught thing which pops into missions sometimes which is also pretty cool. I also think the maps get stale in XCOM2, there seems to be less variety (Saying that, midway through my game I heard about a mod that recreates XCOM maps in XCOM2 and put them in rotation but I guess I couldn't use it during a campaign in progress). I admit I'm a pussy and don't play on highest difficulty or anything like that, so I'd probably get destroyed in WOTC if I did and feel a lot more desperate, like I did in Enemy Within

More XCOM seems good for me but I wont be able to get mods on the PS4. Never realised how much I like strategy games before Enemy With and Civ 5, so Ill definitely broaden out.

Just started FFXV big FF but i've just held off on this for ages. Only a couple of hours in, it's started very well imo.

Get ready for a wild ride. That game is kickass and underrated. Let me know how you feel after your crew makes it past Altissia.

Soundtrack is dope too.

Started Life is Strange Before the Storm, then gonna start Shadow of War after. Maybe captain Spirit this weekend so I can get ready for Life is Strange 2.

More XCOM seems good for me but I wont be able to get mods on the PS4. Never realised how much I like strategy games before Enemy With and Civ 5, so Ill definitely broaden out.
Dude, 4x games are my vice. They take awhile to get into, but once you learn one, it steamrolls.

Xcom 2 is cool and all, but I prefer the 4x strategy games. They take an awful lot of investment at first though

Last edited:
Just started FFXV big FF fan but i've just held off on this for ages. Only a couple of hours in, it's started very well imo.

I'm in the same boat as you. I started it recently and I am pleasantly surprised. I think FF7 Remake will play really similar to FFXV...and honestly, I'm not mad.

I've been rotating games, the games I'm switching between regularly are FFXV, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Breath of the Wild and Rachet & Clank.
It depends how I feel that day but I am enjoying playing all of them

Grew up playing FF (III stands out for me even so many years on). But have also held off on XV. Can relate.

Just slew my first boss in Bloodborne this morning (Father Gascoigne). Feels quite epic after a couple days of having died countless times and wanting to throw my controller at him. I almost walked away from continuing the other day but then something clicked, and now I reckon I'm in for the ride (read grind) of a lifetime.

Just discovered Holdfast (historical war simulator) earlier today and I can't take my eyes off it

It's also hilarious

I picked this up last night. I played for an hour and got my money's worth. Some guy spammed AC/DC's For Those About to Rock and Thunderstruck for 20 minutes while we held a fort against the Prussians. Would recommend.

Waiting for my Nekros Prime in the foundry. Might use him as my new main and let Nidus rest for a bit.

I bought it in the steam sale and I am loving it so far, it's basically a movie that you play lol plus Knights and rpgs are two of my favorite things so it's right up my alley.

Did you beat it? I only have about 3 - 4 hours into it and I just passed the intro part, this game must be huge
I did beat it, and it takes a while.
It has some belly-laughing moments, and I guess most of the bugs are ironed out by now. You are in for a treat.
Piece of advice: don’t focus too much on swords, you’ll need to know the axe or the mace as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back