What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got bored after over a thousand hours of Warhammer 2 (and the bugs that have been there for months and still aren't fixed, fucking CA) but I still wanted some Total War action. I'm knee deep in an Attila campaign as The White Huns. It's pretty fun rolling around with an op doomstack of all horse archers who yell, "The Scourge of Christ!" as they rain down arrows on Romans and I watch their men fall over dead as they approach. But, I think I'm starting to get burned out on TW in general so I'll probably finally play Yakuza 0 (on PC!!!! Still can't believe this series went from Yakuza 3 possibly not getting a Western release to most likely all Yakuza games coming to PC. Crazy.) this weekend or play XCOM 2 as I've read the expansion basically reworks the whole game and adds a lot of great content.

Marlow Briggs

I've had that in my Steam library forever and I really should plow through it some long weekend. It looks like such a fun, dumb action movie in video game form.

or play XCOM 2 as I've read the expansion basically reworks the whole game and adds a lot of great content.

The expansion is great. But make sure you hit up Steam Workshop because there's a ton of good shit in there. In particular look for map packs because my main complaint about WOTC is the map variety isn't good

The expansion is great. But make sure you hit up Steam Workshop because there's a ton of good shit in there. In particular look for map packs because my main complaint about WOTC is the map variety isn't good

Oh shit, mods too?! Sold. Thanks dude.

Still trudging through Oblivion.

Just downloaded Sunset Overdrive cause its free on Game Pass

Picked up Yakuza 0, i'm about 3 hours in and loving it so far.

fJL5ZXaDaPQxV3_gaSSE3vadOEgcEboI5RtICnncTeY.jpg

I've decided to go replay a bunch of my old PS1 games. I got them out of storage and have been ripping them to BIN/PBP so I can play them on my retropie and got a nasty surprise. Somehow my copy of Valkyrie Profile got smashed. The case is a shattered mess and the first disk has a crack that makes it unreadable. I am super pissed about that, it's one of the most valuable games in my collection and I bought it new when it first came out. I also found that my FF9 disk 4 has a big ol' scratch on it that also made it unreadable (at least that can be fixed).

I have been switching between Ghost of a Tale and Slay the Spire. Ghost is a fantastic middle market game. The mechanics work very well. The map is a little small but the developer makes great use of the areas. The maze like nature of it is fantastic.

1000/1000 on Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice. Excellent title worthy of its praise. Had a few technical hiccups requiring a reinstall but overall 9/10.

Also been doing a bunch of dancing at the Maisonette and Studio night clubs in GTAO. Great update if you like house music.

You get this on the ps4 sale? I almost got it, but I've had a real itch to play a jrpg type game and I just got Nino Kuni 2 on the ps4 sale. Such a fun game so far, only about 3, 4 hours in. Can't wait to get further.

Are there any good ps4 exclusives that are FPS or TPS? I prefer the Xbox one controller for shooters so when they come out on both, I will get it on Xbox.

Xbox broke and waiting on repair so I got a ps4 pro.

I've been playing a ton of Absolver. It's 50% off on steam right now and I'd recommend it.

This Sunset Overdrive game is fun.. dumb as hell, but fun.

I put it on my Steam wishlist, but I tried Yakuza 5 on PS3 and shit played like Shemnue (I didn't like Shemnue). Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake because it was a console game. I'll have dat patience for a PC Yakuza game

I put it on my Steam wishlist, but I tried Yakuza 5 on PS3 and shit played like Shemnue (I didn't like Shemnue). Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake because it was a console game. I'll have dat patience for a PC Yakuza game

This one plays a lot like Shenmue as well. This is my first Yakuza game, so i can't really comment on the others.

There isn't a whole lot in the way of the core gameplay outside of the fighting - which is good, not great. There's a bunch of mini games like bowling, karaoke, dancing etc. as well. The side quests (sub stories) are excellent from what I've played so far. It's not just "go here and do this" type of shit. They're actually engaging and fun to play.

The game really gets by on it's narrative, humor and charm.

Still, I've only played like 5 hours so. There's still a ton of things I've yet to see and do.

Currently brewing a pot of my (not) famous coffee to christen yet another leg of my maiden run through Dark Souls 3.

Am about 35 hours in and loving it – the torment and triumph of it all. I've forgone a shield outright and stayed true to my Bloodborne instincts, which has thus far served me well. For all Ashen in this thread, I'm currently being bested to a shameful degree at the hands of Sir Vilhelm in Ariandel. And while not a proudly defensible excuse, I fear I'm at present underlevelled and shouldn't have run at Ariandel so soon; some of the baddies there are one-shotting me (those bird-faced, Krueger-clawed freaks are hard as hell) and it's been a real trial. There's hard, Soulsborne-hard, and then O ****! Lol.

cc: @jojoRed

Currently brewing a pot of my (not) famous coffee to christen yet another leg of my maiden run through Dark Souls 3.

Am about 35 hours in and loving it – the torment and triumph of it all. I've forgone a shield outright and stayed true to my Bloodborne instincts, which has thus far served me well. For all Ashen in this thread, I'm currently being bested to a shameful degree at the hands of Sir Vilhelm in Ariandel. And while not a proudly defensible excuse, I fear I'm at present underlevelled and shouldn't have run at Ariandel so soon; some of the baddies there are one-shotting me (those bird-faced, Krueger-clawed freaks are hard as hell) and it's been a real trial. There's hard, Soulsborne-hard, and then O ****! Lol.

cc: @jojoRed
You should be a writer man, haha.

Im glad youre enjoying it. I really need to find time to play games man. Do not tackle Ariandel till you finish the base game. There's one dude called Nameless King thats gonna be a pain but after you beat him imo, Ariandel shouldnt be too hard.

Also those bird claw things, are merciless. Killing their own kind damn....

You should be a writer man, haha.

Im glad youre enjoying it. I really need to find time to play games man. Do not tackle Ariandel till you finish the base game. There's one dude called Nameless King thats gonna be a pain but after you beat him imo, Ariandel shouldnt be too hard.
Cheers and I appreciate the advice. Reckon I'll venture back by way of Farron Keep and continue on what I suspect is the road I'm to be on. NPCs keep talking of an Aldritch, so I believe I'm closing in on him. I'm pretty nervous actually, ha.

Also those bird claw things, are merciless. Killing their own kind damn....
I noticed that too! Free souls though, bud. Free...souls.

Wish me luck; logging off here and jumping back in. The open road awaits.

tumblr_osq93vgjVR1r8l821o1_500.gif

Cheers and I appreciate the advice. Reckon I'll venture back by way of Farron Keep and continue on what I suspect is the road I'm to be on. NPCs keep talking of an Aldritch, so I believe I'm closing in on him. I'm pretty nervous actually, ha.

I noticed that too! Free souls though, bud. Free...souls.

Wish me luck; logging off here and jumping back in. The open road awaits.

tumblr_osq93vgjVR1r8l821o1_500.gif

Enjoy it my man, and man, im envious you get this experience this for the first time. Good luck and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back