What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got AC Odyssey last night. Between that and Forza (and Divinity 2) I'm gonna be living in a cave until RDR2, and then...well, I'll really be living in a cave lol.
Drop us an Odyssey follow-up here when you resurface, if you don't mind. Been hearing good things and would be interested to hear in general how you're liking it.

Drop us an Odyssey follow-up here when you resurface, if you don't mind. Been hearing good things and would be interested to hear in general how you're liking it.

I'm only about 2 hours in and just hit level 5 so I can't speak on much, but I like some of the new additions like engravings, where you can add buffs to your weapons and armor. You now automatically mount your horse if you run while calling it, which was a nice touch.

The mercenaries thing interests me. I'm not too familiar with it (didn't follow the game's press much at all so it's totally new to me), but it's almost like Phylakes that actually hunt for you instead of staying in one spot pacing around. I was infiltrating a bandit camp and one of those bounty hunters showed up which complicated things.

I'm playing as Kassandra. So far she's been more interesting than Bayek to me.

They changed the bow stuff - things like the predator bow from origins is now a skill you can do with any bow. And the Sparta kick is awesome.

Exploration mode is a bit disappointing. I figured you'd get clues to an objective and have to find it with no help, but all you have to do is get within the vicinity and it prompts you to have the hawk find the place for you. So there's still some hand holding there.

Overall I'm having a lot of fun.

Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak = spin the tires into hell at 6000-9000 RPM

Good stuff, especially the mercenary rally. Reckon that a nod to Brotherhood, if memory serves. And the term Sparta kick alone sounds fatal. Cheers, E.

@Eazy123

Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak = spin the tires into hell at 6000-9000 RPM
I saved up 1,000,000 credits in GT2 for the Toyota GTOne Road Version store bought version and it spins around and faces the wrong direction way too often, and I thought it was supposed to have better handling than the Escudo.

Is this even Assassin's creed anymore? Wtf happened, at 7:08, he sneaks behind the guy and backstabs him but apparently the dude has full health afterwards. What happened to the stealth in this game? Its completely different, but tbh I havent played any since I Unity and even then I only played a couple of hours with how bad the game was. AC2 was the peak, and but i was interested in origins but too many good games to play.

Last edited:
Nier Automata - Finished route A,B,C in a row. Taking a break, before my 4th go. I've been told route D will be really good.

Max Payne 3

Heroes of the Storm

Nier Automata - Finished route A,B,C in a row. Taking a break, before my 4th go. I've been told route D will be really good.

Max Payne 3

Heroes of the Storm
I played this for like 10 hours loved everything about it, the combat, the soundtrack (this is something special) - the game is so damn special, played the demo and needed to get it. Life got in the way, but need to get back to it.

Playimg some Steep. Snowboarding game.
But you also paraglide, ski and use a wingsuit.
Supports HDR

Loving AC Odyssey.

I still need to get back to Forza Horizon 4 too, but I already have 30 hours in each.

Just put the Dark Souls Remaster to bed. Don't want to be longwinded so in a word, I reckon it's masterful for its time. I see in so many works that followed drinkings from this creative spring. It's iconic and lived up to its rep. Honoured to have again linked the fire.

proper-bow.png

Spoilers follow.

Most hated moment for me was tackling for hours on end the Catacombs and Tomb of Giants; fighting zergs in circles, cliffside, and underlevelled in pitch black…really? "Yeah, really," I hear Miyazaki saying. The archaeologist in me had me leaving no stone unearthed and my head hurting. Icing on the cake was not yet even having the Lordvessel and needing trek back. stallonefacepalm.gif

Honourable mentions for tediousness incarnate were the channellers in Duke's Archives – drove me mad, couldn't even pop my head about a corner without getting almost tagged; in Blighttown, those miserable oompa-loompa strawmen, blowdarting me with toxin from afar; locking horns with titanite demons in insufferably cramped quarters; and lastly, trying to fight Kalameet in Oolacile land-to-air dozens of times, not knowing I am to enlist the help of that whittling Giant in the crested Tower above Artorias' arena. Derp. Well, got plenty of bow practice in, lol.

Trickiest showdowns for me were (1) Ornstein & Smough (2) Manus, and (3) Sif. Sif has a wonderful moveset with a back-stepping, upward slash that winds up similar to her cyclone-swing and tricked me every darn time. Manus' tank HP was rough, almost Midir-lite if I may say, but his cast out-reel in dark magic 'net' was a guaranteed HP knock for me and I never did figure out how to dodge it; he got spammy with it as his vitality waned and, boy, did it sting to die at his feet when he'd but a whack or two left in him.

Killing Lord Gywn, no – fighting Gywn – was a surprise. I journeyed as his successor, inheritor of the flame, trying ever to live up to his name. Cue heart-wrenching piano and the fight feels more a son killing his father. I had no anger every time our steel met...but I knew it was him or me.

RIP, brave slayer.

cc: @jojoRed

p.s. Gwynevere, page me, baby.

Just put the Dark Souls Remaster to bed. Don't want to be longwinded so in a word, I reckon it's masterful for its time. I see in so many works that followed drinkings from this creative spring. It's iconic and lived up to its rep. Honoured to have again linked the fire.

proper-bow.png

Spoilers follow.

Most hated moment for me was tackling for hours on end the Catacombs and Tomb of Giants; fighting zergs in circles, cliffside, and underlevelled in pitch black…really? "Yeah, really," I hear Miyazaki saying. The archaeologist in me had me leaving no stone unearthed and my head hurting. Icing on the cake was not yet even having the Lordvessel and needing trek back. stallonefacepalm.gif

Honourable mentions for tediousness incarnate were the channellers in Duke's Archives – drove me mad, couldn't even pop my head about a corner without getting almost tagged; in Blighttown, those miserable oompa-loompa strawmen, blowdarting me with toxin from afar; locking horns with titanite demons in insufferably cramped quarters; and lastly, trying to fight Kalameet in Oolacile land-to-air dozens of times, not knowing I am to enlist the help of that whittling Giant in the crested Tower above Artorias' arena. Derp. Well, got plenty of bow practice in, lol.

Trickiest showdowns for me were (1) Ornstein & Smough (2) Manus, and (3) Sif. Sif has a wonderful moveset with a back-stepping, upward slash that winds up similar to her cyclone-swing and tricked me every darn time. Manus' tank HP was rough, almost Midir-lite if I may say, but his cast out-reel in dark magic 'net' was a guaranteed HP knock for me and I never did figure out how to dodge it; he got spammy with it as his vitality waned and, boy, did it sting to die at his feet when he'd but a whack or two left in him.

Killing Lord Gywn, no – fighting Gywn – was a surprise. I journeyed as his successor, inheritor of the flame, trying ever to live up to his name. Cue heart-wrenching piano and the fight feels more a son killing his father. I had no anger every time our steel met...but I knew it was him or me.

RIP, brave slayer.

cc: @jojoRed

Despite the flaws of some areas, its clear why this game is so beloved, it retains the metrovidvania style of an interwoven world where you map out shortcuts in your heads etc and the map is basically so ingrained in your head. I loved that feeling of finding my way back and saying "Aha, so this takes me back here", blightown and the catacombs were a bitch, some bosses felt annoyingly cheap at times but despite its flaws, its one of those games where the experience I received from it was so memorable to me, that its hard finding games outside of the souls series that scratches the same itches that DS made.

Glad you enjoyed it, Anor Londo is magnificent, O&S can suck a fat one (pretty easy once you realise how to beat em though) and blightown is a disgrace. Gonna be hard to find games as good though bro, good luck. Im playing through RE6 and Spiderman so Im sorted for a while but Im looking forward to finding more time to playing other games Ive missed this year etc.

playin wwe 2k18 and GTa 5 story mode and super mario world at the moment

Red dead 2 is next then ill probably grab doom used

Loving AC Odyssey.

I still need to get back to Forza Horizon 4 too, but I already have 30 hours in each.

Race you for slips.

Playing a ton of Forza Horizon 4. Got most of all side stuff done.

Waiting for RDR2 to come and consume my life.

Megaman 11. I like the longer stages, and the new look doesnt bother me at all. Music is not good at all imo, but the longer stages are pretty sweet. Overall, it's a good time so far

Race you for slips.

Playing a ton of Forza Horizon 4. Got most of all side stuff done.

Waiting for RDR2 to come and consume my life.
If I can pry myself from AC that's cool, lol.

Regardless, me, you and @TeTe gotta posse out in RDR online.

Wow. Out of nowhere some of my buddies started getting back into it I said fuck it why not. Those where some fun days.

I feel like the player environment now is super lame. People get butthurt over everything or try to fucking hard. Gone are the days of the barren chat. Or people talking shit in general, bunch of sensitive ass dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back