What are you playing now? v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Black Flag and cleaned up all of the achievements I'm going to bother with. Not sure if I'm going to bother with the DLC.. guess it depends on the cost.

Started playing the second episode of TWD Final season.

Finished Black Flag and cleaned up all of the achievements I'm going to bother with. Not sure if I'm going to bother with the DLC.. guess it depends on the cost.

Started playing the second episode of TWD Final season.

Good news man. Looks like episodes 3 and 4 are gonna get done.

Just got Street Fighter II 30th Anniversary Edition.
It has all versions below part 4 plus a museum where music stage times.
Just kicked a car to shreds in the bonus stage.

They did however mess up the controls.
Usually heavy punch is L1. Now heavy kicks and punches are with R1 and R2.
That's just not right.

Spent several hours downloading and installing Gran Turismo 6. The installation progress status info is a bit inaccurate.

Good news man. Looks like episodes 3 and 4 are gonna get done.
Just finished the second episode. Downloading Forza Horizon 4 right now since it's free on game pass. That should hold me over until RDR2

Please tell me you play on PC.

The console version is laughable.

Spent like 50+ hours on it, such a fun MP game, wish they didnt do what they did with the bullshit. A little more polish and variety and I could play that game forever.

I just finished Spiderman, a good game. Feel like it could be great but there is so much bullshit around the fun parts of the game, and I feel like they completely botched the boss fights. Suffers from the ubisoft and recent open world problems of just splattering mind numbing "content" on the map like base conquests (padded out with waves) and repetitive side missions and challenges. There is a fun game here but you'd have to ignore majority of the game to enjoy it.

I liked:
- The swinging (they nailed the feel, obviously there could be improvements but this is the most fun part of the game and felt like a better Spiderman 2)
- Peter Parker and Spiderman as characters (his interactions with Prof Ocavious, especially towards the end, was one of the highlights)
- Final boss battles with 2 of the villains (in terms of the visuals, not the gameplay)
- The city just looks goddamn detailed, its fantastic just swinging around and climbing towers just to stare down at the city.

Negatives:
- Dumbass pace changing MJ & (I wont spoil but another dude's missions), are just mind numbingly boring stealth missions,
- Fucking little puzzles, seriously who thought these were fun
- Repetitive busywork with the enemies
- Combat is fun, gameplay wise imo, just thought it was meh.
- Boss fights are essentially the same thing over and over again till you get the cutscene to finish the fight. Its annoying, hit em a couple times or wait it out and then press triangle, do this 3 times and thats the boss fights essentially, boooring.
- Boring villains imo, just lack character (nuance) outside of the main villain.
- A character who seemed like a badass, suddenly becomes your best friend in the span of 2 minutes and disappears. I wanted to actually battle it out with her.
- Stealthing an area, only to have another wave come in already alerted, just some bullshit padding. Didnt like how they essentially tied to copy Arckham city.

As a fan of Arkham Asylum (favourite superhero game ever), moving the other games t be more open world just killed the series and they took that and put that in spiderman, booring.

All in all, its a game where you can just put on and play but dont expect something special. 7/10. Will probably platinum to wait till RDR2.

Last edited:
50 hours into AC Odyssey and I have maybe half the map uncovered. I think we are getting to the point where maps are getting to be too big.

Can't wait for Dark Souls this Friday and then RDR2 next Friday. Got a 4 day weekend booked for the latter and am probably just gonna wear a fucking diaper all weekend.

Heroes of the Storm ( I never stop playing this one. This MOBA seems tailor made for me )

Furi ( Badass as fuck. I wish there were more games like it )

The Witcher 3

Haha. *Guccidiaper

I'm about 60 hours into Souls 2. It took getting over a few mental hurdles but I think I now love this oft-maligned work.

It moves differently, feels foreign in the series-finer details, and has some oddities its own but for these reasons, I see it now as a series' sister city, if you will allow the phrase. Heck, Bloodborne is more Souls than Souls 2, as counterintuitive as that sounds.

Boo-hoos aside, I enjoy the performance payout upon committed stat investment, especially with Intelligence (hocus-pocus) and Adaptability (iframe augmentation); the look of a lot of the areas (there are some really scenic nooks when about skull-knocking); and the branching-out gone for in some aspects – rings cool as ice, IMO, and the neat hexcraft available, to name another.

I'm too deep now not to ride the wave ashore so I'll drop back in upon championing the journey; it should time right or thereabout with RDR2's release.

cc: @jojoRed

I'm about 60 hours into Souls 2. It took getting over a few mental hurdles but I think I now love this oft-maligned work.

It moves differently, feels foreign in the series-finer details, and has some oddities its own but for these reasons, I see it now as a series' sister city, if you will allow the phrase. Heck, Bloodborne is more Souls than Souls 2, as counterintuitive as that sounds.

Boo-hoos aside, I enjoy the performance payout upon committed stat investment, especially with Intelligence (hocus-pocus) and Adaptability (iframe augmentation); the look of a lot of the areas (there are some really scenic nooks when about skull-knocking); and the branching-out gone for in some aspects – rings cool as ice, IMO, and the neat hexcraft available, to name another.

I'm too deep now not to ride the wave ashore so I'll drop back in upon championing the journey; it should time right or thereabout with RDR2's release.

cc: @jojoRed

I didnt complete souls 2, gave up on it too quick as I had other games that just released to play, I definitely need to pick up the remastered 60fps version with the DLC (apparently much better than the base game), yeah its probably clunky and the bosses lack variety etc but its more souls, so Ill go back and play it when Im free, but tbh my backlog is so backed up and new releases coming out that I want to sink my already packed schedule, its a wonder how I can shitpost on Sherdog so much. I bought spiderman on release, and didnt even play till about a week ago, where I just smashed through it as I was on a holiday.

Also Im so damn excited for RDR2, I cannot wait till next friday, just 1.5 boring work weeks left.

50 hours into AC Odyssey and I have maybe half the map uncovered. I think we are getting to the point where maps are getting to be too big.

Can't wait for Dark Souls this Friday and then RDR2 next Friday. Got a 4 day weekend booked for the latter and am probably just gonna wear a fucking diaper all weekend.

Dark Souls for the Switch? Im definitely thinking of getting it for the switch and I already have too much time on the DS series, especially DS1 and BB.

Dark Souls for the Switch? Im definitely thinking of getting it for the switch and I already have too much time on the DS series, especially DS1 and BB.
Yup. I've had and finished it on PC and PS4 but DS on the go is a no brainer

Yup. I've had and finished it on PC and PS4 but DS on the go is a no brainer
How do you like the switch, Im honestly buying it for BOTW, just because it seems like a game Id like, but how does it run on handheld? Im planning on using it 99 or maybe even 100% handheld. Planning on buying games I dont usually play, Im not into platformers usually but I love em on the go, Platted Rayman on the go for Vita, but the Vita doesnt get much love anymore even though I love it. I have way too many games for it that I havent even touched.

I havent ever played Smash games so I may get the new one that releases, Civ on the go seems wonderful, have nearly 150+ hours on civ 5 and Xcom enemy unknown and I used to not even like playing RTS games. I like finding new experiences that I dont usually go for, and being surprised.

Any recommendations and do they run great on the handheld? Im definitely getting it.

How do you like the switch, Im honestly buying it for BOTW, just because it seems like a game Id like, but how does it run on handheld? Im planning on using it 99 or maybe even 100% handheld. Planning on buying games I dont usually play, Im not into platformers usually but I love em on the go, Platted Rayman on the go for Vita, but the Vita doesnt get much love anymore even though I love it. I have way too many games for it that I havent even touched.

I havent ever played Smash games so I may get the new one that releases, Civ on the go seems wonderful, have nearly 150+ hours on civ 5 and Xcom enemy unknown and I used to not even like playing RTS games. I like finding new experiences that I dont usually go for, and being surprised.

Any recommendations and do they run great on the handheld? Im definitely getting it.

BOTW runs great in handheld. I've never thought of one single game being a reason to buy a system, but between BOTW and Mario Odyssey that's worth it alone. My Vita is now my "Hotline Miami" machine and that's it until that comes to Switch (fingers crossed).

I also took part in the test weekend of Dark Souls on Switch and to me, at least, it looked better in handheld mode and ran great. Only gripe was that the test area was Undead Parish, which is a lousy place to start for any newcomers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back