What Are Your Favorite Machines?

ItsTonyZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Whats up dudes. I know its heresy to even suggest we would use them, but my university gym has just about every type of machine you could imagine so its been on my mind. Theres this triceps machine thats almost like a preacher curl set up but with handles you push down for triceps extensions, it feels pretty good. Its feels like a mix between an overhead cable extension, a cable pushdown and a skull crusher.

Lately I've been focusing on doing more bodybuilding type shit so I've been thinking about new ways to get that kind of feeling in my workouts.

What are some weight lifting / bodybuilding machines you actually like? Any that you find to be advantageous and why?

Stay huge!

Plate Loaded Lat Pulldowns

I get more out of them compared to a cable one. If I had room I'd definitely get one for home.

Plate Loaded Lat Pulldowns

I get more out of them compared to a cable one. If I had room I'd definitely get one for home.
Isn't it the same thing? It's just plates vs stack? I am assuming the plate loaded ones still use a cable or you mean the lever type lat pulldowns. It's like a giant piece of equipment that works like a see saw.

Isn't it the same thing? It's just plates vs stack? I am assuming the plate loaded ones still use a cable or you mean the lever type lat pulldowns. It's like a giant piece of equipment that works like a see saw.

Like these , think they are also called a ISO Lat Pulldown too

PSSS0009-Primal-Strength-Alpha-Commercial-Fitness-Elite-ISO-Lat-Pull-Down.jpg

1v5k2z.gif

Not a big machine user, but back in the rebuild days of being forced in a commercial gym I liked the seated pressdown. Good for warm ups, pumps, burnouts and watching the yoga pants stretch on the abductor straight across from it.

Smith Machine.

Yeah, the Smith Machine is to Benching what jerking off is to banging an LA 9. But I have significant mobility issues in my left shoulder since I had it operated on in February. The Smith Machine allows me to fully lock out my left arm, something that's damn near impossible for me to do with free weights.

Been reading a lot about reverse hypers. But the cable pulldown for crunches face pulls n a few other aux lifts for shure

Seated chest supported rows
45 degree back extensions

Those are the two I'll always use when I go to a commercial gym.

I've been getting to the YMCA about once a week in addition to lifting at home. I pretty much always try to hit up tricep pushdowns and rows.

Cable triceps pushdown. Reverse peck deck. I like the viking press ohp machine also but rarely used because free feights ftw

Cable row machine is the only machine I use with any regularity(and I do them a few times per month).

I really like using cables as it maintains the same tension throughout the entire range of motion for a lot of different exercises.

Back