What are your thoughts on Jair Bolsonaro, the "Brazilian Donald Trump"?

Tapping Machine

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I'm not big into politics in general, especially South American politics, but I first heard of this guy because numerous Brazilian MMA fighters endorsed him for president, starting with Paulo Costa and then guys like Aldo, Rafael Dos Anjos, Werdum, Wanderlei etc..

Apparently he's one of the favorites to become the next president of Brazil and has been accused of being a racist, sexist, homophobe, and many more things frequently associated with far-right politicians.

https://deadspin.com/report-barcelona-distancing-ronaldinho-and-rivaldo-fro-1829798812

So I found another example of notable Brazilian athletes endorsing this guy (in this case football players) who have been shunned by FC Barcelona for associating with him.

I saw a table on Twitter a few days ago with the demographics of the people that support him (can't find it sorry), and support for him is overwhelmingly higher amongst white Brazilians in comparison to black, mulatto, and native Brazilians, which is much like Republicans in America.

Ex-KKK leader David Duke also endorsed him on Twitter (never knew he was into Brazilian politics o_O)

https://www.businessinsider.com/jair-bolsonaro-brazil-election-results-trump-2018-10

Can people knowledgeable about the situation explain why he is so popular and what do you think his chances of winning are? What would that mean for Brazil and could it have an impact on politics in the US?

Seems like a dick , but as he's a different sort of dick to the dicks they normally have he might do alright (in the polls that is) .

I think he's well intentioned patriotic man that wants to save his country from becoming the next Venezuela but unfortunately he said a lot of stupid shit in the past and that will follow him. He was able to win Brazilians with his tough on crimes, tough on corruption and anti-left views. He's insanely popular right now and will be elected without a doubt.

edit: his economic advisor and future minister is a hardcore liberal, they want to open the market, privatize, shrink the state and so on. It will be nice change for Brazil. He's very pro USA and Israel so I'm sure the relationship with the US will be good.

Last edited:
Everytime you comparisons between him and Trump on the news, you can be assured that is fake news. Trump's backstory and ideas are very different from Bolsonaro's.

Reading those comments from European football fans shit talking about their Brazilian players and legends over their support for him disgust me.

Last edited:
I dont like the guy, but i understand why he is so popular.

People are fed up with corrupt politics and Lava Jato proved that everyone is corrupt, so people go for the outsider.

attachment.php

Back