What Be the Purpose of Grammer

If you grew up speaking English as a first language, and still don't know the difference between to, too, two, their, they're, etc., then yes, you are stupid.

If you grew up speaking English as a first language, and still don't know the difference between to, too, two, their, they're, etc., then yes, you are stupid.

Somebody can know the difderence and not care enough to use it the "Proper" wat. Doesnt speak to the level on knowage IMO.

If they sound like you're writing, then I'm likely to think they're a bit dim. I happen to have a family from the southern parts of the USA living near me and their grammar is perfectly decent, for Americans. Just being from a particular area doesn't mean you have to give up on grammar.

But then I come from the only place in the world where correct English is the norm, that being the South of England. Even here, we have to deal with Estuary English where people "woz goin' daaarn the pub".

The message is more important than the words but the words are not without importance. I don't have, nor do I insist upon, perfect grammar but there are limits.

I was surprised at how different the language is from city to city in a small country like England.

Somebody can know the difderence and not care enough to use ut the way you want. Doesnt speak to the level on knowage IMO.
Yes. But most people who don't simply don't know. They are stupid.

Somebody can know the difderence and not care enough to use ut the way you want. Doesnt speak to the level on knowage IMO.

It may not accurately indicate the level of intelligence or education but it certainly makes a person seem to be less intelligent or educated.

Somebody can know the difderence and not care enough to use it the "Proper" wat. Doesnt speak to the level on knowage IMO.

I don't think there are that many people that have they're / their / there completely mastered and "don't care" enough to use the proper one. If you know them to the point that you don't have to think about them, there is literally no care or effort involved in using the right one.

I don't think there are that many people that have they're / their / there completely mastered and "don't care" enough to use the proper one. If you know them to the point that you don't have to think about them, there is literally no care or effort involved in using the right one.

Plus you gots people that use the words Yall and Aint. and they use them cause they the words they people spoke to them as the grew up.and some people think the are dumb because of that and say those words are proper and shit and I dont get that. I thinks it silly aslong as they get they point across.

Like what is gonna have in 50 yrd when they add words from this gen that might not have never been in the dictonary before. Is sociecty gonna still try to hold them to a acient standard of proper speaking.

Last edited:

No People is the South. Ain't you read what Cheese said

Plus you gots people that use the words Yall and Aint. and they use them cause they the words they people spoke to them as the grew up.and some people think the are dumb because of that and say those words are proper and shit and I dont get that. I thinks it silly aslong as they get they point across.

Well, both of these get the point across of "man."

article-0-065A4CA3000005DC-97_634x607.jpg

stick_man_by_minimoko94-d2zvfn8.png

Language is like a garage that has the potential to be full of as many tools as you like. Some people buy a hammer and one type of screwdriver and consider the job done. They will be able to construct a wooden box with nails and screws, but will be hard pressed to have a properly measured right angle.

Other people have a Phillips screwdriver, a Robertson, a level, a lathe, a tape measure, etc.

If you are building stuff with just a hammer, screwdriver and maybe a hand saw, you can get the idea across most of the time, but there is substantial room for improvement.

Well, both of these get the point across of "man."

article-0-065A4CA3000005DC-97_634x607.jpg

stick_man_by_minimoko94-d2zvfn8.png

Language is like a garage that has the potential to be full of as many tools as you like. Some people buy a hammer and one type of screwdriver and consider the job done. They will be able to construct a wooden box with nails and screws, but will be hard pressed to have a properly measured right angle.

Other people have a Phillips screwdriver, a Robertson, a level, a lathe, a tape measure, etc.

If you are building stuff with just a hammer, screwdriver and maybe a hand saw, you can get the idea across most of the time, but there is substantial room for improvement.

True and somepeople can create amazing things with just a hammer,nails and a saw.

Seems like Proper Grammer would be the thing Limiting people to uses just the Hammer and saw though. Stricting people to one Proper form of communcation. Insteaf of allowing more tools for the artist to cummacate.

Grammar, shirts on women, marriage and family's staying together, fathers running homes, brains and sophistication being important character traits... All optional. The West must fall, apparently.

True and somepeople can create amazing things with just a hammer,nails and a saw.

Seems like Proper Grammer would be the thing Limiting people to uses just the Hammer and saw though. Stricting people to one Proper form of communcation. Insteaf of allowing more tools for the artist to cummacate.

I don't know. Do you want to be in the space shuttle designed by a bunch of scientists, none of whom are too fussed about whether 10x10=100 or some other number? I mean, 10x10=92 more or less gets the point across.

Grammar, shirts on women, marriage and family's staying together, fathers running homes, brains and sophistication being important character traits... All optional. The West must fall, apparently.

The West? Didnt Grammer come from the Brits out East?

Meh. As long as I get what the person is trying to tell me, I don't care. I've worked in broken English environments my whole life. Go ahead, correct the grammar of an Indian guy who's 20 IQ smarter than you. Talk about pissing in the wind.

Why do people seem to care about it. When you having a convo with someone, isnt the point of the convo to understand each other and get your point across. So if I say "Joe Be wilding", why do people try and say that I should be saying "Joe IS wilding". Both say the say the samething, that joe is showing his ass and people understood what i was saying.

Plus with so many people speaking different langwhitch, how do you know which it the proper way. Do you correct people when they are speaking to you and you knows they aint from where u are or just think they dumb cause they dont use proper grammer.
Watch your shit.

#grammarcamps

I don't know. Do you want to be in the space shuttle designed by a bunch of scientists, none of whom are too fussed about whether 10x10=100 or some other number? I mean, 10x10=92 more or less gets the point across.
LOL. "We can say with 92% predictive accuracy that these tiles will hold up upon reentry,"

I was surprised at how different the language is from city to city in a small country like England.

I know it's insane. I'd be surprised if any other country has as many accents in such a small space. There used to a be a lot more but more generic ones have taken over larger areas. There is a website online with recording of old British accents/dialects and some of them are pretty hard to follow even for a native. And they're not even that old.

Back