What book/novel do you want turned into a movie, series, or mini series

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all

For me it would be Rainbow Six as an HBO mini series. One episode to introduce everyone. Then an episode for each of their missions and one episode to wrap it all up. I'd love if that helped set up a Jack Ryan series for HBO.

Also Count of Monte Cristo would be amazing as a series as well.

Forgotten Realms, specifically Drizzt Do'Urden and the Homeland series. For the Sci-Fi, Kim Stanley Robinsons Mars series. The Gap series by Stephen R. Donaldson would be cool too. All would need huge budgets to be worth watching though. Some of Harry Turtledoves works would be very interesting too, anything from the alt-history writers could be very interesting. List goes on and on and on...

The portent

The keep ( updated version)

The count of monte cristo as well or pretty much most of Dumas works would be awesome as a high budget tv series

The portent

The keep ( updated version)

The count of monte cristo as well or pretty much most of Dumas works would be awesome as a high budget tv series

I remember BBC doing a 3 musketeers series, but it was too different from the novel for my liking.

I'd like pretend that the Dark Tower series wasn't already raped and left for dead on the screen, and see a proper faithful run with it on something like HBO.

Joe Abercrombie's first law trilogy maybe even setbthe series before it starts, I always wanted to learn more about the origins of the bloody nine and how the band was formed etc. Bernard Cornwell's Arthurian trilogy would also be amazing

Gary Jennings Spangle trilogy

I'd like pretend that the Dark Tower series wasn't already raped and left for dead on the screen, and see a proper faithful run with it on something like HBO.
i love that series, but it’s so uneven that I’d almost rather not see it come to the screen even if it’s the done right. But I’d really like to see Wizard and Glass made into a movie or miniseries.

Mine was Altered Carbon and that got made recently so imma go with

d0e19bab216f69a01d3ec248b7af641c.jpg

^ been a few failed attempts to get this into production. Apparently Tim Miller is the latest director who wants to do it after he makes some Terminator movie

Since PKD adaptations are usually good, I'd want to see this made as well

220px-_The_Three_Stigmata_Of_Palmer_Eldritch_1st_Ed.jpg

For for non-science fiction I'd say Glamorama

9780330474146glamorama_7.jpg

I wish they would make an Oryx and Crake series. It is by the same author as the Handmaid's Tale, but it is not about feminism or anything like that. That trilogy was really good dystopian fiction, without being super preachy

Id love some pure core quality fantasy like Raymond E. Feist Magicians series<riftwar, serpentwar sagas> that doesnt trail off into too many directions like LOTR or GOT sometimes do.
Those books took me places... Only later when i read lotr or Potter for example i noticed how very good Feist writing was. His style had IMO a lot more drawing power,knew better how to create basic fantasy and general story arc foundations. Would make an excellent adaptation cause of that, very to the point,very focused and well structured.

Last edited:
I like to see another TV series made from I, Claudius and the sequel Claudius the God. There was a really great series made in the 70's for British TV that holds up really well IMO, and has some of the best acting I've seen, but I think there is a place for a new adaptation.

Harry potter

Or dan browns pre da Vinci code books, which would make better movies.

I like to see another TV series made from I, Claudius and the sequel Claudius the God. There was a really great series made in the 70's for British TV that holds up really well IMO, and has some of the best acting I've seen, but I think there is a place for a new adaptation.

Was that the one with Derek Jacobi. Saw it close to 20 years ago so my memory of it is not that clear, but I do recall thinking it was great.

Back