What book/novel do you want turned into a movie, series, or mini series

I just messaged the 9 I'm talking about on snapchat, despite have an amazing girlfriend. Duck you sherdog!

Was that the one with Derek Jacobi. Saw it close to 20 years ago so my memory of it is not that clear, but I do recall thinking it was great.
That's the one. The Claudius books are my favorite novels, and I started watching the series right after finishing the second book, the same day IIRC. I couldn't believe my luck that such a high quality series was made from the books.

Jacobi is outstanding in the title role. Equally great are Sian Phillips as Livia, Brian Blessed as Augustus, George Baker as Tiberius, and particularly John Hurt in a scene stealing performance as Caligula. Although was really makes it work is the strength and faithfulness of the adapted script.

The reason I'd like to see a new series made is that the first series is very small-budget and stagey. This was done on purpose to save money, and also to focus on the acting and dialogue. The sets and costumes are perfectly adequate, but there are no large scale sets, no big crowds of extras, no battle scenes. The way the books are written made it possible for a great series to be made without these elements, but there are a few parts that had to be heavily trimmed or left out entirely. The most notable example is the invasion and conquest of Britain. In the book this was described in great detail across several chapters, but it was almost completely cut from the TV series.

I want HBO to do a series on boxing starting in the bareknuckle boxing era through the 1920s. Make it like “Rome” but new era. Follow the careers and lives of several fighters. Next season is the next generation.

They can use a Boxiana as a source.

Angels & Demons was pre Da Vinci Code.
I know.. But they made the movie after. Book is infinitely better, and is, of course, what kicked off all the now comical claims of illuminati.

Digital fortress, written with the aid of nsa agents, reads like snowdens manifesto 10+ years before we were told about that stuff.

"The Remaining" book series by DJ Molles would make an excellent series/mini series.

TheRemaining_FB_banner.jpg

excellent cadavers series.

also the 30k horus heresy series done as a animated/live action (think waking life) mix epic like GOT.

I would like to see a mini-series done of World War Z that actually follows the book. The movie was ok, but only used names from the book.

6-8 episodes at 2-2 1/2hrs each should be enough to cover everything. If you haven't listened to the unabridged audiobook, I would highly recommend it. Several big names reading some of the parts. Check out the list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z#Cast

How bout Movies made into books.
I vote Phone Booth.

I want HBO to do a series on boxing starting in the bareknuckle boxing era through the 1920s. Make it like “Rome” but new era. Follow the careers and lives of several fighters. Next season is the next generation.

They can use a Boxiana as a source.
That's a great idea. Trademark that shit before someone steals it

That's the one. The Claudius books are my favorite novels, and I started watching the series right after finishing the second book, the same day IIRC. I couldn't believe my luck that such a high quality series was made from the books.

Jacobi is outstanding in the title role. Equally great are Sian Phillips as Livia, Brian Blessed as Augustus, George Baker as Tiberius, and particularly John Hurt in a scene stealing performance as Caligula. Although was really makes it work is the strength and faithfulness of the adapted script.

The reason I'd like to see a new series made is that the first series is very small-budget and stagey. This was done on purpose to save money, and also to focus on the acting and dialogue. The sets and costumes are perfectly adequate, but there are no large scale sets, no big crowds of extras, no battle scenes. The way the books are written made it possible for a great series to be made without these elements, but there are a few parts that had to be heavily trimmed or left out entirely. The most notable example is the invasion and conquest of Britain. In the book this was described in great detail across several chapters, but it was almost completely cut from the TV series.
Speaking of Derek Jacobi, I was gonna check out Cadfael today since it's gonna be rainy and I don't have much work to do. Ever seen it? Any good?

Any of the books/stories from the universes of Warhammer, Starcraft, Warcraft, and Diablo.

I don't read that much, but when I do it's older books. New or updated versions of:

Slaughterhouse Five
Brave New World
Farenheit 451

The Dresden Files would be perfect for a Netflix show. Each book is a self contained season for them.

Hopefully that shit gets made. When Avery was filming Rules of Attraction he also filmed what eventually became Glitterati, which was basically Victor Ward's bit from RoA. It was Kip Pardue in character as Ward, wandering around Europe, picking up random chicks and banging them. There was like 70 hours of footage of this. But there's no way it could ever be released because it was so spontaneous and random that they don't have releases from any of the girls who got smashed and they'd be in massive legal trouble if the footage ever saw the light of day. Prob didn't film the actual banging of course, but Kip stayed in character as Ward 24/7 apparently so he would've got the job done

Ha, yeah, heard about that as well. You have to be personal buddies with Avery to get a screening. You should check out Bret Easton Ellis podcast (it is not on patreon).

Ha, yeah, heard about that as well. You have to be personal buddies with Avery to get a screening. You should check out Bret Easton Ellis podcast (it is not on patreon).

Def a big fan of the BEE podcast bro. Shame it seems like it's dead now. Love dem Ellis monologues

Malazan series. Spare no expense.
I think there is just too much going on in the Malazan Book of the Fallen for it to work well... that being the case, I’d say the Black Company would be a good middle ground.

I think there is just too much going on in the Malazan Book of the Fallen for it to work well... that being the case, I’d say the Black Company would be a good middle ground.
Nah. Spare no expense.

Back